Our City Online

Messageboard - Everyday Chit Chat

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Police sting breaks extortion ring

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Everyday Chit Chat Police sting breaks extortion ring

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 91 total)
  • Author

Campbell
    Blocked

I cannot find a single article about this “event” anywhere. Surely such a sensational story would warrant even the slightest bit of news coverage. I thought something was fishy when I got to the part about 4 unmarked cop cars standing by…..that’s just pure nonsense. Over a cell phone? All while there are much worse crimes being committed that need to be tended to? I’ve had much worse happen to me and I couldn’t even get a cop dispatched to me. Did your phone contain sensitive national security information on it or something?

cbus11

If this is a joke or cry for attention it really is in poor taste, especially if that cell phone footage linked to is not of a real criminal.

Coy
    Participant

Campbell said:
    I cannot find a single article about this “event” anywhere. Surely such a sensational story would warrant even the slightest bit of news coverage. I thought something was fishy when I got to the part about 4 unmarked cop cars standing by…..that’s just pure nonsense. Over a cell phone? All while there are much worse crimes being committed that need to be tended to? I’ve had much worse happen to me and I couldn’t even get a cop dispatched to me. Did your phone contain sensitive national security information on it or something?

I had my car totaled in a hit and run on Whittier and High in front of a slew of witnesses.
    Guy left his front plate behind at the scene.
    Address was in Merion Village and the cops refused to go to the house.

Got to admit, I was pretty shocked to hear all the stink made over a stolen phone.
    Still, if it’s true…it’s awesome. If it’s not, it still is, but for a whole different set of reasons.

patient_zero
    Participant

Bear with me, as this post is more serious than the food, beer and festival posts I am accustomed to, but I feel I need to speak in Tenzo’s defense. Those of you that know me well, know that I wouldn’t affirm a sensational story if there weren’t truth to it.

As sensational as Tenzo’s story may sound, he’s telling the truth! I don’t have a link to the story via media or a police report, but I know a few inside sources that have verbally confirmed this event, from start to finish.

Concerning the news clip – I was working late that week and missed the news, but even if I was watching, my TV would have been tuned to WBNS at nighttime, not WSYX. I searched the WSYX site, and asked for a link to the report, but they never emailed me back, though a security guard at Kroger and one of my friends remember seeing that news clip. I’ve never had much luck with news media search engines, regardless of who they are. So if anyone has conducted a search, they probably ended up empty handed as well.

Right now, Tenzo is living in Chicago with his family, possibly glad to be gone. And after reading the snarkiness in this thread, who knows if he’ll ever post here again.

This is not just about a $600 phone. If it were, he would have filed a police report and an insurance claim. When Tenzo provided the police with Google tracking information about the thieves, and provided them with a rendezvous point that was notorious for violent criminal activity, the police saw this as an opportunity to bust up a violent crime ring that used Craigslist routinely. Other people fell victim to this group before, as would others in the future if it weren’t for Tenzo’s tech-savvy approach that alerted the police.

As a resident of Columbus, I’m grateful that a crime ring that preyed on unsuspecting victims has been targeted. I feel bad for the officer that was assaulted during the exchange,and thankful for his service. What if it were a cash poor college student or average citizen just trying to get their phone back? With no police backup, hard to say what would happened. I’m also thankful Tenzo didn’t attempt to meet the thieves alone, and as such, is with his family tonight.

Best wishes to you and your family, Tenzo, if you are reading. I hope you come back and visit sometime.

Cookie

patient_zero said:
    Right now, Tenzo is living in Chicago with his family, possibly glad to be gone. And after reading the snarkiness in this thread, who knows if he’ll ever post here again.

But who will post pictures of cows?

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

Snarf said:
    WEIRDEST THREAD EVERRRR!!!

This thread is even weirder than quoting yourself.

Campbell
    Blocked

patient_zero said:

So was this supposed event so traumatizing that he had to leave town? And who is the intended hero in this possibly-ficticious story? Tenzo, or the cop who took his beating? B/c it seems that he sure is playing up the “fragile victim” role rather well. “Poor Tenzo”. “Oh Brave Tenzo”. Seems like anything of the sort should be reserved for the cop.

I have to imagine that he was expecting a certain amount of snarkiness, given that he was unable to provide any actual proof, other than someone “vouching” for him. Zero, I appreciate that you say this actually happened, and b/c of that I believe that essentially the core of this is true, but it’s pretty clear Tenzo created the majority of the details out of thin air. Just my opinion of course.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

Maybe he’s in the Witness Protection Program in Fantasia.

Rockmastermike
    Participant

As I have too much free time I looked on youtube and found the name of the video in question is “video found on John N*****’s cell phone” (last name expunged by me). It was uploaded as an ‘unlisted video’ on Oct 25, 2011 and the date shown on the directTV on-screen-guide seen in the video is 10/24. It was uploaded by user “scelerenonreddit”, which roughly translated from the Latin “scelera non reddit” could mean “Crime does not pay”. That user profile was set up the day of the video upload and that upload has been the only activity on the account. The age of the user is listed as 40.

Searching columbus police reports for the name in question yields one hit for october 2011. The first name has the same first letter as “John” but is not the same. Also, it is a report of a garage burglary of some craftsman tools from the area near hilltop, and has nothing to do with a mobile phone.

I’ve done some other quick investigation in the last 30 minutes or so but hesitate to write about them here, as I do not want to give out personal or identifying information. But I did search Tenzo’s employer in the police records and also found no matches.

Draw your own conclusions, but I certainly found nothing in there that definitely supports any of the claims made in this thread. (ed: except the claim that he is now in Chicago and has been since early October)

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m guessing that if it didn’t happen, this would have happened;

Cookie said:
    This never happened.

rus
    rus
    Participant

0Angle said:
    I’m guessing that if it didn’t happen, this would have happened;

Shit just got meta.

Campbell
    Blocked

futureman said:
    And after reading the snarkiness in this thread, who knows if he’ll ever post here again.

Well after these recent revelations, I’m sure it will be a good while before Tenzo posts here….but for a completely different set of reasons than you suggest.

Thanks rockmaster for getting to the bottom of this, and confirming our suspicions.
    For shame Tenzo, this is in terribly poor taste indeed.

hugh59
    hugh59
    Participant

Well done Mike.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

patient_zero
    Participant

Campbell said:
    So was this supposed event so traumatizing that he had to leave town? And who is the intended hero in this possibly-ficticious story? Tenzo, or the cop who took his beating? B/c it seems that he sure is playing up the “fragile victim” role rather well. “Poor Tenzo”. “Oh Brave Tenzo”. Seems like anything of the sort should be reserved for the cop.

I have to imagine that he was expecting a certain amount of snarkiness, given that he was unable to provide any actual proof, other than someone “vouching” for him. Zero, I appreciate that you say this actually happened, and b/c of that I believe that essentially the core of this is true, but it’s pretty clear Tenzo created the majority of the details out of thin air. Just my opinion of course.

He didn’t leave town because he was traumatized. He accepted a new job in Chicago and is probably pretty busy settling in his new residence.

Internet searches don’t yield information all the time, even when the searchers are intelligent and crafty, like Rockmastermike. That doesn’t make make them less, true, just difficult to verify. Yes Snarf, the truth is out there.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 91 total)

The forum ‘Everyday Chit Chat’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: