Our City Online

Messageboard - Everyday Chit Chat

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Police sting breaks extortion ring

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Everyday Chit Chat Police sting breaks extortion ring

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 91 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #467148

    Tenzo
    Participant

    cc said:
    note to self – do not steal Tenzo’s smartphone…

    (props to Tenzo for having his shit together and busting them)

    Props to the Columbus police.
    I hate to admit it, but if the police didn’t help, I was going to go make the exchange myself.
    If I was lucky, I’d be in the hospital right now. If I was unlucky, well…….
    ‘Police sting gone bad’, my ass. I owe that cop a LOT.

    #467149

    cheap
    Member

    wow,you got balls of steel.

    you had a cop take an ass kicking for you over a 100 lousy bucks.

    #467150

    lifeontwowheels
    Participant

    Tenzo said:
    Props to the Columbus police.
    I hate to admit it, but if the police didn’t help, I was going to go make the exchange myself.
    If I was lucky, I’d be in the hospital right now. If I was unlucky, well…….
    ‘Police sting gone bad’, my ass. I owe that cop a LOT.

    Probably violates all kinds of ethics laws/rules but I would probably discreetly find out what that man likes to drink.

    #467151
    rus
    rus
    Participant

    cheap said:
    wow,you got balls of steel.

    you had a cop take an ass kicking for you over a 100 lousy bucks.

    Tenzo isn’t here saying he’s a bad ass, he’s praising CPD for doing a good job catching thieves.

    #467152

    lifeontwowheels
    Participant

    cheap said:
    wow,you got balls of steel.

    you had a cop take an ass kicking for you over a 100 lousy bucks.

    You’re probably the one who would be on here bashing CPD if a headline came out about someone losing their life meeting with a “finder” of lost property.

    #467153

    cheap
    Member

    rus said:
    Tenzo isn’t here saying he’s a bad ass, he’s praising CPD for doing a good job catching thieves.

    i’m not either.
    i just find it insane that a life could have been lost over a stupid cell phone,and people seem to think that’s ok,as long as the bad guys got caught

    lifeontwowheels said:
    You’re probably the one who would be on here bashing CPD if a headline came out about someone losing their life meeting with a “finder” of lost property.

    you are assuming,when i stated facts.

    what’s up with that?

    #467154
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

    Keep it civil. Thanks.

    #467155
    rus
    rus
    Participant

    cheap said:
    i just find it insane that a life could have been lost over a stupid cell phone,and people seem to think that’s ok,as long as the bad guys got caught

    Because catching the bad guys means there’s at least a chance they won’t do it again or at least not for a while.

    #467156

    Tenzo
    Participant

    Cops didn’t do it for $100. They didn’t even do it just for me.
    Cops did it to save lots of people from getting beat up and possibly killed.
    These were not people who picked up a lost cell phone. It was horrifying to me that there are people so wicked that they would try to lure victims into dark alleys and beat them into the hospital and rob them. If they beat someone unconscious I doubt they would call an ambulance. And had the cops not stopped them, that very well could have happened.

    Good or Bad. That’s what cops do. They put their life on the line to keep others safe.
    (of course, you already knew that before you trolled)

    #467157

    cheap
    Member

    so you’re saying risking a human life to keep “the bad guys” from finding a lost cell phone is ok??

    really????

    btw,the “bad guys” didnt call him,he called and offered the reward.

    im still trying to figure out where the extortion is.

    #467158

    cheap
    Member

    Tenzo said:
    Cops didn’t do it for $100. They didn’t even do it just for me.
    Cops did it to save lots of people from getting beat up and possibly killed.
    These were not people who picked up a lost cell phone. It was horrifying to me that there are people so wicked that they would try to lure victims into dark alleys and beat them into the hospital and rob them. If they beat someone unconscious I doubt they would call an ambulance. And had the cops not stopped them, that very well could have happened.

    Good or Bad. That’s what cops do. They put their life on the line to keep others safe.
    (of course, you already knew that before you trolled)

    how exactly was the public protected from being beat up or killed??

    why didnt you just call your carrier and report the phone lost?

    #467159
    rus
    rus
    Participant

    Tenzo said:
    Cops didn’t do it for $100. They didn’t even do it just for me.
    Cops did it to save lots of people from getting beat up and possibly killed.
    These were not people who picked up a lost cell phone. It was horrifying to me that there are people so wicked that they would try to lure victims into dark alleys and beat them into the hospital and rob them. If they beat someone unconscious I doubt they would call an ambulance. And had the cops not stopped them, that very well could have happened.

    Good or Bad. That’s what cops do. They put their life on the line to keep others safe.
    (of course, you already knew that before you trolled)

    Exactly.

    #467160

    cheap
    Member

    Tenzo said:

    I lost my phone

    Tenzo said:

    These were not people who picked up a lost cell phone.

    #467161

    DavidF
    Participant

    The police caught the bad guys. How can any reasonable person see that as a bad thing?

    Note the use of the word reasonable. I just answered my own question.

    #467162

    cheap
    Member

    DavidF said:
    The police caught the bad guys. How can any reasonable person see that as a bad thing?

    so where is the phone?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 91 total)

The forum ‘Everyday Chit Chat’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: