Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

City Campus - Renovation of Downtown City Offices

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development City Campus – Renovation of Downtown City Offices

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 48 total)
  • Author

Pablo
    Participant

City departments will consolidate in revamped building

By JOE WILLIAMS

Published: Monday, July 11, 2011

Downtown Columbus workers and visitors should begin to see more signs of change Aug. 1 when renovation begins on the old Central Police Headquarters, 120 W. Gay St.

READ MORE: http://www.snponline.com/articles/2011/07/11/multiple_papers/news/allcityhal_20110711_0924am_2.txt

As previously discussed here:

https://www.columbusunderground.com/police-hq-renovation-project-moving-forward

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Good to hear it’s moving forward. Hopefully won’t ever have any reason to set food inside the Police HQ, but the connection between the riverfront and Gay Street should be great for pedestrians.

Pablo
    Participant

Thanks for sprucing up my post Walker! I still wish that Gay St was open to cars down to Marconi. It could be like W. Town St. with the cobbles – looks nice and keeps speeds low. Has anyone seen a site plan for the area?

Caleb
    Caleb
    Participant

No Pablo but I am glad this is moving forward! What are they going to do with the old buildings?

Tenzo
    Participant

Walker said:
    Good to hear it’s moving forward. Hopefully won’t ever have any reason to set food inside the Police HQ,

What, no more donuts?

Smifth27
    Participant

Any news or pictures of the renovation. I would love to see this project finished.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Smifth27 said:
    Any news or pictures of the renovation. I would love to see this project finished.

Ground has broken, but I haven’t bothered to take construction photos yet. Hole in the ground and fencing. Should be more to look at soon! ;)

Pickerington_Kyle
    Participant

Pablo said:

City departments will consolidate in revamped building
    By JOE WILLIAMS
    Published: Monday, July 11, 2011

Downtown Columbus workers and visitors should begin to see more signs of change Aug. 1 when renovation begins on the old Central Police Headquarters, 120 W. Gay St.

READ MORE: http://www.snponline.com/articles/2011/07/11/multiple_papers/news/allcityhal_20110711_0924am_2.txt

As previously discussed here:
    https://www.columbusunderground.com/police-hq-renovation-project-moving-forward

I love it how theres absolutly nothing behind the headquarters. I guess nationwide Plaza doesn’t exist. :p

Pablo
    Participant

^This view is towards the southwest. You can just make out COSI and Vets.

Stephen43215
    Stephen43215
    Participant

Whats going on with the building just north of this project on Front Street? I would hate to the city tear it down for a parking garage!

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Looks like most of the work is still underground, but still moving right along:

Construction Roundup – December 2011

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Construction updates from today:

ntn4502

I got to work on the yield testing at the old HQ as well as city hall ~5 months ago for a geothermal system, very cool stuff. From what I gathered while working there, it appears the old HQ is going to become additional city offices.

columbusmike
    Participant

Are they really going to turn that parking lot into a park? Doesn’t look like any site work has been completed…..

futureman
    Participant

columbusmike said:
    Are they really going to turn that parking lot into a park? Doesn’t look like any site work has been completed…..

I recall reading that the city bought the parking garage across the street so they would no longer need that surface lot.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 48 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The Columbus Coffee Festival Returns!

The 6th Annual Columbus Coffee Festival returns on Saturday September 25th and Sunday September 26th!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFORMATION