Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Pokemon.... Is There Anything Good About It?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Pokemon…. Is There Anything Good About It?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 46 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    Manatee
    Manatee
    Participant

Yeah, I’m kinda doing that, as much as I can stand.

It would be easier if I didn’t feel like I was living in an autocratic Pokeocracy– just imagine Joseph Cambpell rewrote the entirety of The Hero’s Journey, replacing every deity in the world with either Pikachu or Ash or Jigglypuff or……

Jim Lauwers
    Participant

I never read The Hero’s Journey, is that anything like Pokemon?

BetsyB

Max just likes to carry his pokemon cards around and won’t leave the house without them…not really sure if he actually looks at them or not…our big things are the magnetix…he uses magnetix to make action figures and create very intricate action scenes…not sure why we bothered wasting money on actual action figures, transformers, legos, etc… His Bakugan toys are mainly used to entertain the cat who bats them around the house…

Manatee
    Manatee
    Participant

I found something good about Pokemon, watch to the end!:

Manatee
    Manatee
    Participant

Dammit! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COxHw3tcg-w

Oops, double post. Youtube was being cranky for a minute there, and for some reason watching this clip on repeat is making us laugh until we cry.

AmyJ
    Participant

My son is borderline obsessed with Pokemon as well. I have learned that the cards are a very powerful currency in his elementary school. I do have to say that his love of Pokemon has totally boosted his vocabulary since he poured over the manual thing for hours at a time after he first got it.

I figure that it could always be worse.

Viewing 6 posts - 46 through 51 (of 51 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: