Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

OH Pizza Brew - Formerly Element Pizza

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining OH Pizza Brew – Formerly Element Pizza

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 62 total)
  • Author

Graybeak
    Participant

Yes, new management/owners.
    From Element’s facebook page:
    Good afternoon! We regret to inform that element pizza is closing. April 26,2014 will be our last day. Stop in one last time. Anyone who pays with cash will receive a 10% discount. Someone else is going to occupy the space so be sure to check them out.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Don’t get me started on the new name/logo.

Yeah, kinda generic.

Can’t find any info about them online either…

RedStorm
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>mbeaumont wrote:</div>
    Don’t get me started on the new name/logo.

Yeah, kinda generic.

Can’t find any info about them online either…

https://twitter.com/OHPizzaBrew – ?

Talked to apparently the new owner (?) on Friday. He said they’re planning to re-do the walls and floors and whatnot. It’s in a decent spot, but man does that place need help on the inside.

Graybeak
    Participant

The replacement of the aluminum lawn chairs for something a tad more comfortable was a big step up in my opinion, right off the bat.

NerosNeptune
    Participant

Agreed that Element never seemed like an inviting place to go in and sit down for awhile. The handful of times I went in, there was at most one other group inside.

Hopefully this one does a little better, but yikes, that sign/logo looks straight out of east campus.. the sort of place I’d expect to only be good for super cheap late-night drunk food. I’m not sure how well that will work in an area with 0 drunk students/anybody walking by late at night.

I’ve always thought a pizza place could do great there simply by arranging to put flyers in the rooms at the red roof inn across the street and other downtown hotels.. offering some easily accessible local flavor.

OSURob
    Participant

I agree with NerosNeptune about Element. I always though their pizza was pretty good (probably the best within my walking distance for lunch), but the interior was terrible. The bar looked like something from my basement with random bottles spread around. This is coming from someone who goes to Flatiron, Tip Top, el camino, and Club 185 Happy Hours on a regular basis. I never considered them once after work. Element would of been a perfect choice for Jon Taffer to remodel in Columbus. I’m disappointed they couldn’t turn it around, but I am looking forward to some new pie downtown! Lets hope the pizza is better than the branding.

RedStorm
    Participant

I agree with NerosNeptune about Element. I always though their pizza was pretty good (probably the best within my walking distance for lunch), but the interior was terrible. The bar looked like something from my basement with random bottles spread around. This is coming from someone who goes to Flatiron, Tip Top, el camino, and Club 185 Happy Hours on a regular basis. I never considered them once after work. Element would of been a perfect choice for Jon Taffer to remodel in Columbus. I’m disappointed they couldn’t turn it around, but I am looking forward to some new pie downtown! Lets hope the pizza is better than the branding.

Haha +1 for the Taffer reference. I don’t think it would have been big enough though for a camera crew to fit inside though – they would have taken up half the place.

News
    Participant

OH Pizza & Brew Replaces Element Pizza
    May 22, 2014 8:15 am – Ayana Wilson

Columbus is a town that loves its pizza. From the national chains, to the mom and pop shop, to food trucks, pizza remains as one of the most beloved foods. And one of the hardest to get just right.

Luke Edwards believes he has a winning formula though. He’s been working on his dough recipe for years, one that calls for high gluten flour for a light, airy crust with firm chew, and has slaved away to perfect his sauce.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/oh-pizza-brew-replaces-element-pizza-aw1

DocG
    Participant

I live right across the street at Sixty Spring, so having a place like this that I can just walk to is great. I wasn’t a huge fan of Element, I thought they were very conservative in their toppings and the pizzas seemed “soggy”, for lack of a better term.

I tried out the new place over the weekend and was impressed by both the pizza and the wings. Frankly, I thought the wings were as good as any that I’ve had in town. Definitely will be going back.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

Any clue on delivery range?

derm
    derm
    Participant

Free appetizer for a 5 star Yelp review is interesting to me. I find Yelp the shadiest of the review sites so I hope that this helps this pizza joint do well.

heresthecasey
    Participant

Looks like OH Pizza and Wolf’s Ridge are going to have some new neighbors soon…

I love how this area is transforming from basically a wasteland into another active part of Downtown. Now, if we could just get a few new builds on some of the neighboring surface parking lots there’d be a rudimentary continuous connection from the Arena/Convention district all the way to Grant Ave and Neighborhood Launch.

New Retail and Restaurant Space on Tap for E Chestnut St Downtown

http://columbusight.com/2015/05/26/new-retail-and-restaurant-space-on-tap-for-e-chestnut-st-downtown/

MichaelC
    MichaelC
    Participant

Really tremendous…

Added bonus: I suspect this will make the office vacancy across the street, where Cover My Meds once operated, all the more enticing.

Josh Miller
    Josh Miller
    Participant

Looks like OH Pizza and Wolf’s Ridge are going to have some new neighbors soon…

I love how this area is transforming from basically a wasteland into another active part of Downtown. Now, if we could just get a few new builds on some of the neighboring surface parking lots there’d be a rudimentary continuous connection from the Arena/Convention district all the way to Grant Ave and Neighborhood Launch.

New Retail and Restaurant Space on Tap for E Chestnut St Downtown

http://columbusight.com/2015/05/26/new-retail-and-restaurant-space-on-tap-for-e-chestnut-st-downtown/

What a dramatic improvement this will be compared to the current state of Chestnut & Lazelle

chestnut lazelle development

chestnut lazelle development

mbeaumont
    Participant

That’s fantastic news! Spacejunk is suddenly right in the middle of some very cool stuff!

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 62 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The Columbus Coffee Festival Returns!

The 6th Annual Columbus Coffee Festival returns on Saturday September 25th and Sunday September 26th!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFORMATION