Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

OH Pizza Brew - Formerly Element Pizza

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining OH Pizza Brew – Formerly Element Pizza

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 62 total)
  • Author

Cookie

I had to read allycat80’s post a couple of times, but I suspect that it just came out wrong.

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant

Man, I hope so.

patient_zero
    Participant

It’s in the Water!

pixiecrinkle
    Participant

I think you might be mis-assuming alleycat’s gender if I’m reading correctly.

michaeltg

pixiecrinkle wrote >>
    I think you might be mis-assuming alleycat’s gender if I’m reading correctly.

I was just thinking exactly the same thought. I hope we’re right!

ladolce_kate

You might have to wait to try their pizza. Looks like the building was hit by a car overnight Tuesday. There are placards on the building saying it is dangerous for anyone to enter.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

ladolce_kate wrote >>
    You might have to wait to try their pizza. Looks like the building was hit by a car overnight Tuesday. There are placards on the building saying it is dangerous for anyone to enter.

Man Rams Plugged Nickel, Too Dangerous For Others Entry.

bldng4jstc
    Participant

“Another week, another new pizza place. Element Pizza opened yesterday on a fairly desolate stretch of Third Street Downtown, so this place definitely has its work cut out in terms of building a customer base. Element is located in the building that used to house the Plugged Nickel, and I’m glad the new owners kept the feel of the building’s former tenant by replicated the frontier-like font on the sign.”
    http://columbuscrave.com/crave/blog/1/53083239-First-look-Element-Pizza

Is the that the spicy strawberry jam with over sized burnt meat peperoni pizza? Or is the saturation level on that picture just wacky?

patient_zero
    Participant

Kbear919 said:
    Is the that the spicy strawberry jam with over sized burnt meat peperoni pizza? Or is the saturation level on that picture just wacky?

Looks like burnt bologna and cheese humps with strawberry jam sauce.

A friend and I went to Element Pizza today for lunch and split two personal pizzas – the homemade sausage and the americano (pepperoni). I LOVED the flavors of the fennel sausage and the onions on the sausage pizza and I thought the pepperoni pizza was good.

$6 per pizza for the size and quality of the pizza we got felt like a great deal. The guy who took our orders was friendly and the pizzas came out quickly enough that we didn’t run late on our lunch break. I’ll definitely make a return trip soon to try the crimini mushroom and meat and potatoes pizzas.

patient_zero
    Participant

allycat80 said:
    My brother and sister-in-law go to church with the owners of this new place. Sadly that doesn’t mean I have much more information than what has already been discussed. I do however get a chuckle when I think about whether or not they knew this building use to house a gay bar/club. Given the opinion my brother and his wife have of the LGBT community (my wife and myself included), they may or may not enjoy that information.

So, I’m not sure what to make of your post. Are the owners religious conservatives?

mbeaumont
    Participant

That post, I believe was misinterpreted. I’m guessing, allycat80 is a woman. And I think she’s saying that her brother and his wife do not approve of of the LGBT community, of which she and her wife are a part of.

I don’t think she meant to infer anything at all about the owners, only her relatives.

That being said, I’m really enjoying Element myself. I’m lucky enough to work on the same block, so I’ve been there a few times now and the pizzas are really very good. I’d say they’re a poor man’s Harvest. And I mean that as a compliment (they’re also cheaper).

They’re still working on their liquor license, but every time I go in, the place is looking better and better. The service has been fast and friendly since day one, and the pizzas I had last time were even better than what I had the first time, which were already very good.

Highly recommend checking these guys out.

patient_zero
    Participant

Thanks for the clarification, mb. I pass sj on my way to work and wonder if you have frequented them over the last few weeks. Great location for you guys, and ample parking for anyone else driving there.

kellyortman

my husband and i got carryout from Element last week and it was DELICIOUS! i am in love with the crust! i personally like it better than harvest.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 62 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The Columbus Coffee Festival Returns!

The 6th Annual Columbus Coffee Festival returns on Saturday September 25th and Sunday September 26th!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFORMATION