Our City Online

Messageboard - Politics

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Planned Parenthood Harvesting Fetal Organs?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Politics Planned Parenthood Harvesting Fetal Organs?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 59 total)
  • Author

WJT
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Cbussmallbiz wrote:</div>
    …And you also have clarified that I’m unable to read.

Perhaps an injection of fetal stem cells into your frontal cortex would help with your learning disabilities.

LOL!

I thought all of the fetal parts went to Rally’s? I also heard Fetal Organ Soup was a delicacy somewhere…

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Coremodels wrote:</div>

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Cbussmallbiz wrote:</div><br>
    So no one is discussing what is actually said in the video by the pp doctor. the responses are only about the video producers pedigree and motives. I suspect you members of the abortion cult can’t really listen to this as it would cause cognitive dissonance.

1. I watched the unedited version. Doesn’t cause anything.

2. I’m pretty sure you didn’t.

yes yes core! And you also have clarified that I’m unable to read.

I’ll tell you what then, if you watched the whole video, please outline to me specifically what you think was wrong with it…”abortion is murder” isn’t an answer to this question.

I doubt PP gets in trouble for any money issues involved in tissue donation. If I donate blood, if I donate a kidney . . . the recipient pays lots of money (the only donor is the former host). That’s how things work in US healthcare.

I think there might still be a problem for the group: the descriptions sound more like a D&X than a D&E. D&X is illegal.

McFly
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>McFly wrote:</div>
    Federal law says you can’t alter the timing, position or procedure of an abortion solely for the purpose of obtaining organs.

In the video, Nucatola quite clearly says they are doing exactly that.

Only she doesn’t.

I thought you said you watched the video…? (Not like anyone actually believed it, though.)

Buyer: So, I guess cell viability is a concern right? So, some of the intactness of the specimens is a pretty big deal.

PP: Yea, so that’s where we kind of get into an ethical situation, because what I think most providers don’t want to have do, they don’t want- In terms of the steps and the preparation, and getting them to the actual procedure, you know, if you really want an intact specimen, the more dilation, the better. Is the clinic gonna you know, put in another set of laminaria to do something different? I think they’d prefer not to. For example, what I’m dealing with now, if I know what they’re looking for, I’ll just keep it in the back of my mind, and try to at least keep that part intact. But, I generally don’t do extra dilation. I won’t put in an extra set of laminaria, or add an extra day, that’s going to add significant cost of expense to everybody. Basically, if you need to add another set of laminaria, and have the patient come back another day, if you provide procedures enough days in a row that you can do that, then you know, that’s a whole ‘nother consideration. In general, I’d say most people, unless there’s a specific research protocol that’s been I.R.B. approved, try to avoid that.

Also:

PP: Exactly. So then you’re just kind of cognizant of where you put your graspers, you try to intentionally go above and below the thorax, so that, you know, we’ve been very good at getting heart, lung, liver, because we know that, so I’m not gonna crush that part, I’m going to basically crush below, I’m gonna crush above, and I’m gonna see if I can get it all intact. And with the calvarium, in general, some people will actually try to change the presentation so that it’s not vertex, because when it’s vertex presentation, you never have enough dilation at the beginning of the case, unless you have real, huge amount of dilation to deliver an intact calvarium. So if you do it starting from the breech presentation, there’s dilation that happens as the case goes on, and often, the last, you can evacuate an intact calvarium at the end.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

Trying to figure out what you’re reading that I’m not. She says in the first portion that providers don’t take the steps necessary to provide the extra dilation that would lead to more successful organ harvest. She specifically says what steps it would require and that she doesn’t do them. She also reiterates multiple times that standard procedures will apply, that they won’t do anything outside of standard protocols. (26:00 mark). “I’m not going to say ‘I’m not going to do this procedure now because there’s not enough dilation'”…also pretty clear.

The second portion MAY talk about changing presentation, at most, but even that is unclear (and fairly clear that she doesn’t do it either way). She actually states this about switching to breech, “certain steps can be taken to change presentation, preparation is exactly the same, its just the order of process and most people don’t see that as an ethical problem”.

Again though, you’re taking your quotes straight from the hit page…not from the video…and it makes me think you’re still working off a summary.

That said, I have ZERO PROBLEMS with performing a procedure…WITH CONSENT…harvesting stem cells…WITH CONSENT…in the most effective way possible. Of course, the larger allegation that they’re selling this for profit just doesn’t hold water.

Cbussmallbiz
    Participant

I don’t believe our society should outlaw abortion. I do believe as a species we should do everything we can the help women from having to crush up babies inside of their bodies. PP has become the fanAtical extreme of no compromise extremism just as the religious anti- abortion groups have for their positions. I think Miriam nailed it about the legal point.
    Last thought. I have sat in a n.i.c.u. Many nights and looked around at the pre mature babies in their magic beds fighting like crazy for life, responding to love and wondered about the life they will make for themselves. I’m not into crushing up developing babies. It’s not an abstract concept. It is ending a human life.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

I don’t believe our society should outlaw abortion. I do believe as a species we should do everything we can the help women from having to crush up babies inside of their bodies. PP has become the fanAtical extreme of no compromise extremism just as the religious anti- abortion groups have for their positions. I think Miriam nailed it about the legal point.<br>
    Last thought. I have sat in a n.i.c.u. Many nights and looked around at the pre mature babies in their magic beds fighting like crazy for life, responding to love and wondered about the life they will make for themselves. I’m not into crushing up developing babies. It’s not an abstract concept. It is ending a human life.

This post is the equivalent of one of those mobile billboards with an aborted fetus. “Crushing up developing my babies?”

Keep on painting that picture like abortion is a easy and quick decision for irresponsible uncaring women – you’ll go far.

Cbussmallbiz
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Cbussmallbiz wrote:</div>
    I don’t believe our society should outlaw abortion. I do believe as a species we should do everything we can the help women from having to crush up babies inside of their bodies. PP has become the fanAtical extreme of no compromise extremism just as the religious anti- abortion groups have for their positions. I think Miriam nailed it about the legal point.<br><br>

This post is the equivalent of one of those mobile billboards with an aborted fetus. “Crushing up developing my babies?”

Keep on painting that picture like abortion is a easy and quick decision for irresponsible uncaring women – you’ll go far.

What??? thats funny sort of. Why are you trying to frame my point as smearing women who have abortions. Loser. see you guys later

DLDude
    Participant

Have you guys heard about people being cremated? I think as a species we shouldn’t let people’s bodies purposefully be BURNED in FIRE (Very similar to hell).

Cbussmallbiz
    Participant

i love the john Stewart school of trying to crush other thought. You joke to conflate in this instance as if its religious belief. Here’s an idea universal free birth control. Won’t happen unfortantly.? But as policy goes you guys need someone to snark at.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

I’m sorry I didn’t take your scientific “crushed up babies” remark more seriously.

God bless.

OneBagTravel
    Participant

i love the john Stewart school of trying to crush other thought. You joke to conflate in this instance as if its religious belief. Here’s an idea universal free birth control. Won’t happen unfortantly.? But as policy goes you guys need someone to snark at.

So to combat being made fun of for sensationalizing the topic, you continue to sensationalize the topic. How are we supposed to react to this?

Quite frankly, I don’t know what the fuss is about. I couldn’t live without my daily Starbucks Frappafetus.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

I miss thread tags.

#frappafetus

jbcmh81
    Participant

This thread reminds me of that South Park episode where Christopher Reeve was sucking fetuses for their stem cells.

Josh_W
    Josh_W
    Participant

#cremationiscruel

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 59 total)

The forum ‘Politics’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: