Our City Online

Messageboard - Nightlife

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Places to Smoke Cigars?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Nightlife Places to Smoke Cigars?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Hale.F.Yeah
    Participant

Hey, I’m sure I’m not the only one who starts to hit the panic button once patio temperatures go sub-60. I’d love to find some place that’s Stogie-friendly with decent booze.

Sure there’s a number of decent tobacco shops that’ll let you bring a beverage and hang out–but that’s not exactly what I had in mind. What I’d really like is a real-life bar, but thanks to the fascists, this is probably next-to-impossible.

Anyone have experience in solving this dilemma? Perhaps a heated patio somewhere, or some ultra-secret club or something?

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

Hale.F.Yeah wrote >>
    Hey, I’m sure I’m not the only one who starts to hit the panic button once patio temperatures go sub-60. I’d love to find some place that’s Stogie-friendly with decent booze.
    Sure there’s a number of decent tobacco shops that’ll let you bring a beverage and hang out–but that’s not exactly what I had in mind. What I’d really like is a real-life bar, but thanks to the fascists, this is probably next-to-impossible.
    Anyone have experience in solving this dilemma? Perhaps a heated patio somewhere, or some ultra-secret club or something?

I smoke a lot of cigars and have never found/heard of a place besides tobacco shops. I put on my heavy clothes and sit outside :( If you find a place please let me know.

joev
    Participant

Try West Virginia.

Jimbo Jones

You could always join a country club.

Nitsud Regnifloh
    Participant

it really is too bad that there wasnt a grandfather clause in the smoking ban for smoking in cigar shops and cigar “bars” that just allowed smoking….DC has one such clasue and they’re smoking bars are booming!

dru
    Participant

does Spagio in Grandview:
    a. still sell cigars?
    b. have heaters on their patio?
    i’d give them a call.

joev
    Participant

von wrote >>
    it really is too bad that there wasnt a grandfather clause in the smoking ban for smoking in cigar shops and cigar “bars” that just allowed smoking….DC has one such clasue and they’re smoking bars are booming!

You can smoke in cigar shops in Ohio.

Nitsud Regnifloh
    Participant

cigar BAR. where they serve beer, liquor, some food…have more than 2 chairs….

joev
    Participant

von wrote >>

West Virginia, then. Or Kentucky.

mitchellosu

joev wrote >>

von wrote >>

West Virginia, then. Or Kentucky.

Yeah. Go south, young man.

Porky
    Porky
    Participant

You can still smoke in some of the strip clubs, not sure what they’d think about a Cigar though…

Arlington Cafe & Billiards has a new heated courtyard bar that permits cigar smoking. Very nice atmosphere, reasonable prices also.

HyperHuney

Technically they could have one.. I mean… You smoke can in a Hookah Bar, Why not make a Cigar Bar.

Maybe that’s what the Short Nort needs… A Jazz Lounge/Cigar Bar.

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

HyperHuney wrote >>
    Technically they could have one.. I mean… You smoke can in a Hookah Bar, Why not make a Cigar Bar.
    Maybe that’s what the Short Nort needs… A Jazz Lounge/Cigar Bar.

I would be there multiple time a week

greenhouse1014
    Participant

Except for the fact that Columbus doesn’t really support jazz clubs.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

The forum ‘Nightlife’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: