Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

The Joseph - Pizzuti Short North Hotel - News & Updates

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development The Joseph – Pizzuti Short North Hotel – News & Updates

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 551 total)
  • Author

Mercurius
    Participant

futureman wrote >>

Mercurius wrote >>

jjsmith24 wrote >>
    The joint commission meeting is tonight at 6pm at 109 S Front St.
    You can see the latest renderings here – rendering link

While I don’t believe those are the latest renderings, they are sexy already. I thought it interesting to note, The United Commercial Travelers building that is causing the bru ha ha, actually has been torn down and rebuilt three times through history – and in my humble opinion, the first two conceptions were better than this. It’s one thing to want the best that’s possible, it’s another thing to be cantankerous towards anything modern.

These renderings are dated 8/18/2010, so they might be the most recent as new renderings were not released on the 8/19/2010 meeting.

Yep, you are right, they are quite a bit different. Still looks good. Let’s build.

futureman
    Participant

colrex7 wrote >>

jjsmith24 wrote >>

Hmm…the link doesn’t work for me. It looks as though the file might be too large to load or something.

Right click and do “save as”, it’s around 24 mb

dru
    Participant

colrex7 wrote >>

jjsmith24 wrote >>

Hmm…the link doesn’t work for me. It looks as though the file might be too large to load or something.

it wouldn’t open in Firefox for me. but i cut-and-pasted it into Explorer and it opened.

colrex7

futureman wrote >>

colrex7 wrote >>

jjsmith24 wrote >>

Right click and do “save as”, it’s around 24 mb

Thanks!

anillo
    Participant

Kinda reminds me of the Wex. I like it (but I have all along).

I’m really glad Pizzuti has selected Arquitectonica again. They are really adding different shapes/designs to our skyline. They did a great job with Miranova, I really like that building while driving into the city from 70 West and also Downtown’s Civic Center Drive.

Jason Powell
    Jason Powell
    Participant

I actually like these renderings better. They sort of have that “iconic” feel to them. I really hope this gets built…..within the next 10 years. lol.

ehill27
    Participant

Any news from the latest meeting?

ehill27
    Participant

Nada?

Jason Powell
    Jason Powell
    Participant

It’ll probably be nada for a while. I’m sure you know the drill by now.

colrex7

Read more: Pizzuti dubs hotel project ‘The Joseph’ | Business First

http://www.bizjournals.com/columbus/blog/2010/11/pizzuti-dubs-hotel-project-the-joseph.html

futureman
    Participant

also …

Short North panel signals support for Pizzuti commercial complex
    Business First – by Brian R. Ball
    Date: Thursday, November 4, 2010, 2:14pm EDT

The Pizzuti Cos. real estate development company may have removed a key stumbling block that has delayed construction of a mixed-use commercial project in the Short North.

A straw poll of Victorian Village Commission members at the end of an Oct. 28 meeting with the Italian Village Commission revealed a majority of the zoning panel believed redevelopment of the former United Commercial Travelers property and an adjoining property would pose an economic burden. Because of that, the panel may support allowing the developer to knock down a portion of the vacant office property, which is deemed a historic structure.

READ MORE:
    http://www.bizjournals.com/columbus/blog/2010/11/pizzuti-dubs-hotel-project-the-joseph.html

Jason Powell
    Jason Powell
    Participant

Awesome news. Hope the Italian Village Commission is on board and that the hotel now meets most of their standards. I really hope this is under construction by next summer or fall.

Likes Old Houses
    Participant

I think I read somewhere that there was another meeting tonight between Pizzuti and the Short North Civic Association. I can’t find anything on their website, does anyone have any insight?

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Pizzuti’s Short North project fails to win demolition permit
    Business First – by Brian Ball
    Date: Thursday, December 9, 2010

Developer Joel Pizzuti had hoped to receive support for a demolition permit during the 10th joint meeting of the Victorian Village and Italian Village commissions Wednesday night to help push a mixed-use project that has caused much intense discussion since January.

A 70-minute meeting apparently convinced Pizzuti to back off.

READ MORE: http://www.bizjournals.com/columbus/blog/2010/12/pizzutis-short-north-project-fails-to.html

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 551 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: