Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

The Joseph - Pizzuti Short North Hotel - News & Updates

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development The Joseph – Pizzuti Short North Hotel – News & Updates

This topic contains 550 replies, has 105 voices, and was last updated by  News 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 551 total)
  • Author
    Jason Powell
    Jason Powell
    Participant

What is the dig date? Completion date?

Any other projects in the pipeline?

Does he have any disappointments with the design changes sought by the commmission?

Does he wish for more of a mix of old and new architectural styles in the SN?

Can we PLEASE get a rendering.

ehill27
    Participant

jpizzow said:
    Does he have any disappointments with the design changes sought by the commmission

I’m sure Mr. Pizzuti is diplomatically savvy enough to deflect this one. ;)

lazyfish
    lazyfish
    Participant

I’ve heard the art gallery is to be opened by this fall. They are planning on moving the sculpture/monument from the back parking lot, back into Goodale Park by the middle of this month. Once the monument is moved, they are cleared to start demolition of the back part of the building. Looks like real work will be starting soonish.

futureman
    Participant

Pizzuti gets key OK for high-rise hotel, offices in Short North
    Business First by Brian R. Ball, Staff reporter
    Date: Friday, March 9, 2012

The Short North is much closer to getting a boutique hotel and office and parking garage complex after Pizzuti Cos. secured a key zoning approval for the project.

The Columbus developer told Columbus Business First it expects to begin construction this summer on an 11-story hotel, a six-story office building and five-story parking garage after City Council on March 5 approved commercial planned development district zoning for the sites, which sit across North High Street from each other at Russell Street.

READ MORE: http://www.bizjournals.com/columbus/print-edition/2012/03/09/pizzuti-gets-key-approval-in-bid-to.html

leftovers

I am glad to hear we will soon see people swinging hammers instead of pushing pencils. Disappointed that the area commissions dragged this out so long.

surber17
    Participant

love the final design and love the final height …. 11 stories is great.

Pablo
    Participant

Can’t wait! The buildings will create a nice visual gateway into the SN from downtown.

Jason Powell
    Jason Powell
    Participant

It will be nice to have some modern flair in the neighborhood.

The Short North and N High could be one enormous construction zone this year….

1. boutique hotel/office building
    2. Hubbard apts
    3. Fireproof reno and new build
    4. Woods addition above Northstar
    5. ongoing Hilton construction (if you want to count that as SN)
    6. pending apts next to Kroger
    7. Out of the Closet (5th and High)

Josh Lapp
    Josh Lapp
    Participant

jpizzow said:

2. Hubbard apts

I’m interested to see what they are envisioning for the 5th and High building. They finally put a sign up (granted Ibiza had a sign too).

Does anyone else feel almost like its a boom time? There have been a lot of announcements and construction the in the last 2 years and quite a bit in just the first 3 months of 2012.

cbus11

joshlapp said:

Does anyone else feel almost like its a boom time? There have been a lot of announcements and construction the in the last 2 years and quite a bit in just the first 3 months of 2012.

I think the neighborhood will start to look a lot different pretty soon. As far as ‘boom town’ I think there is pent up construction from the financial crisis. If the meltdown would not have happened we probably would have a bunch of already built buildings (original ibizia – etc) and more on the way.

Reality still is ever present. If one looks at the Jackson one sees people are still trying to sell their condo’s at $50k+ losses.

swinzo1010
    Participant

jpizzow said:

2. Hubbard apts

If your counting the Hilton hotel might as well put the two story addition/parking bay to the garage on Vine and the new office building at Front and Nationwide! All 3 sites are right next to each other

Pablo
    Participant

There are a few smaller projects too. On the PDF that ehill27 posted, there’s a new application for a 3 story building at 22-28 W. Poplar http://g.co/maps/e3yrq

Jason Powell
    Jason Powell
    Participant

^^Yes, I forgot that one. Right next to my building too….the Galinokus, or whatever, project.

HeySquare
    Participant

Much better… huge improvement over the earlier design. VV side looks awesome. Well done.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

joshlapp said:
    I’m interested to see what they are envisioning for the 5th and High building.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but they’re proposing a one story building.

Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 551 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: