Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

The Joseph - Pizzuti Short North Hotel - News & Updates

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development The Joseph – Pizzuti Short North Hotel – News & Updates

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 551 total)
  • Author

people211

I hope these Short North projects don’t end up taking as long as the South Campus Gateway did.. I’m still pi$$ed about that one. I started at OSU in fall of 2000 with much of south campus already vacant for what they were planning there.. I graduated in spring of 2005 and it still wasn’t done!! In fact.. it opened six months after I graduated!.. Sure would’ve been nice to have been able to experience that as a student…

But back on topic, hopefully they finally get all the approvals they need and these structures go up sooner than later..

This is a great project and great for Columbus – the dead eyes on the VV and IV commissions need to give this a thumbs up! Grow up Columbus!!!

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Finance Fund passes on Pizzuti hotel project – for now
    Business First – by Brian Ball
    Date: Thursday, June 16, 2011

The Finance Fund has received a bit of help from the state to leverage its investments in real estate projects in low-income areas, but for now none of those can be found in Columbus.

READ MORE: http://www.bizjournals.com/columbus/news/2011/06/16/Finance-Fund-passes-on-Pizzuti-hotel.html

Smifth27
    Participant

Has anyone been to a meeting, or have any information on the progress of this project. This could be a beautiful hotel for the city of Columbus.

Pickerington_Kyle
    Participant

I think it was approved. Yeah I would like to know when construction starts too.

ehill27
    Participant
    Jason Powell
    Jason Powell
    Participant

Well that’s promising. I’d say it’s pretty much a go.

I’d like to see a few Short North property owners lend the sides of there buildings for some mural replacements. We will be losing some good ones.

DR
    Participant

Work started last week on the gallery portion of the project.

Pickerington_Kyle
    Participant

DR said:
    Work started last week on the gallery portion of the project.

What about the hotel portion?

Caleb
    Caleb
    Participant

Do we have any renderings? (that are set in stone?)

ehill27
    Participant

Have they even received approval for anything except the demolition of the rear of UCT? I’m surprised they would move on that building before they have the OK for the rest of the project. At least the rest of the VV side.

futureman
    Participant

ehill27
    Participant

Hmm… surprised there has been no press coverage on the matter.

Pickerington_Kyle
    Participant

ehill27 said:
    Hmm… surprised there has been no press coverage on the matter.

I bet you $10 bucks it will be in the Sunday Dispatch, and Go Pickerington Central Tigers!

ehill27
    Participant

Pickerington_Kyle said:
    I bet you $10 bucks it will be in the Sunday Dispatch

Okay, I’ll take my $10 bucks in the form of iTunes credit. ;)

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 551 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The Columbus Coffee Festival Returns!

The 6th Annual Columbus Coffee Festival returns on Saturday September 25th and Sunday September 26th!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFORMATION