Our City Online

Messageboard - CU Events

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Pizza Grand Prix SIX

Home Forums Events CU Events Pizza Grand Prix SIX

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 100 total)
  • Author
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Pizza Grand Prix Six: The Final Cut?

Pizza Grand Prix 6

Saturday November 6th

6 pm to 8 pm

Wild Goose Creative

2491 Summit Street

SoHud/Old(e) North Columbus

Wild Goose Creative, Columbus Underground and CMH Gourmand join forces again for round six of Pizza Grand Prix. This edition will offer the usual assortment of the best pizzas from Columbus. We will also see a repeat of the judged homemade pizza competition. The baker of the best homemade pizza pie wins an apron from Made by Amy D. There will also be prizes from Red Gold Tomatoes for all entries. Homemade pizzas will be judged on Taste, Appearance, Crust and Creativity.

Our esteemed judges for the Homemade Pizza Competition are:

Mike Hinze – Pizza Slayer /14 Inches of Love Pizza blog

Dave Treneff – Pizza Slayer /14 Inches of Love Pizza blog

Dave Scarpetti – from Webercam and the Grand Champion of the PGP V homemade pizza contest

Jeff Aufdencamp – from Mama Mimi’s Take and Bake Pizza

Contestants for the homemade pizza competition should contact me at: [email protected] by November 5th for additional details and should to plan to show up at Wild Goose Creative by 5:45 pm on Pizza Day.

For those that would rather take instead of bake a pizza…

Pizza Grand Prix is a giant pizza potluck. The price of admission (for two) is a medium or large pizza from your favorite pizza shop. Bring a pizza to share then spend the rest of the night trying pizzas from all over town.

This event is:

BYOB – Bring Your Own Beer

BYOW – Bring Your Own Wine or Water

BYOP – Bring Your Own Pop

and is open to all ages.

More here: http://cmhgourmand.com/2010/10/10/pizza-grand-prix-six-the-final-cut/

Cookie

I’m bringing Clever Crow’s Crow Style.

Porky
    Porky
    Participant

I’m thinking Ange’s this year. Probably their peperoni but they do a mean ham and onion with capacola ham that’s really tasty.

CMH Gourmand
    Participant

I see some veterans have commented. Please let us know what pizza you are bringing and we will keep tabs so we do not have much overlap. The High Beck Smokehouse pizza would be a welcome addition to the list…anyone, as would Enricos….Roland.

CoreModels can arrive without a pizza if that is what we need to get him to show to an event.

I’ll be there, Sparano’s Pep in hand ;)

CMH Gourmand
    Participant

Core_Models wrote >>
    I’ll be there, Sparano’s Pep in hand ;)

YAY! Like the buzzards returning to Hickley, Core returns to PGP! :>

CMH Gourmand
    Participant

We already have one entry for the Homemade Pizza Competition so far. Who else is up for it?

Pizzas so far:
    Sparanos
    Clever Crow
    Ange’s

If any pizza shops want to deliver a pie to the Grand Prix – we will gladly accept and pass your menus around to everyone.

Porky
    Porky
    Participant

CMH Gourmand wrote >>
    We already have one entry for the Homemade Pizza Competition so far.

Please tell me it’s Rockmastermike!

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

I’m *thinking* about entering the Homemade Pizza Competition. I love making pizza at home, but I’m not sure if they’re award-winning material. Maybe if I step it up with the toppings and do something fancy pants. ;)

Otherwise, will bring something from somewhere new. I try to change it up a bit from time to time. ;)

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

Walker wrote >>
    Otherwise, will bring something from somewhere new. I try to change it up a bit from time to time. ;)

you’re one wild and crazy guy!

Roland
    Participant

CMH Gourmand wrote >>
    I see some veterans have commented. Please let us know what pizza you are bringing and we will keep tabs so we do not have much overlap. The High Beck Smokehouse pizza would be a welcome addition to the list…anyone, as would Enricos….Roland.
    CoreModels can arrive without a pizza if that is what we need to get him to show to an event.

I had Enrico’s for lunch today. YUMMMM! :)

CMH Gourmand
    Participant

So far RockMasterMike (PastramiMaster/PizzaCrafterMike) has not entered the contest or submitted a proxy to present his pizza pie. I have bugged him repeatedly for months. He might be out of town.

For others on the homemade fence – you will a some type of prize for entering – it may be a gift certificate, can of Red Gold tomatoes, ccokbook, etc. – but everyone gets something. The Amy D apron is going to be tweleve types of awesome.

I would like to see some Coyote brand pizza or RolandCorp pierogi pizzas in the running.

bzarcher
    Participant

If I wanted to bake and enter, do I prepare my crust, sauce, toppings, etx at home and bake it on site? Or just get everything good to go and bring it down ready to go?

Talcott

I’ve been wanting to improve my pizza style, so I’m almost thinking about considering entering.

Like Walker, I’ll probably need a gimmick fancy toppings to have a shot.

Rockmastermike
    Participant

CMH Gourmand wrote >>
    So far RockMasterMike (PastramiMaster/PizzaCrafterMike) has not entered the contest or submitted a proxy to present his pizza pie. I have bugged him repeatedly for months. He might be out of town.

Thanks for the votes of confidence, but yeah, I will be attending a friend’s 40th birthday party down in Athens that day/night.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 100 total)

The forum ‘CU Events’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: