Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Pierogis in Columbus

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Pierogis in Columbus

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 226 total)
  • Author

Does anyone know of a place where you can get good pierogis in Columbus?

Bear
    Participant

From Roland! :-)

HeySquare
    Participant

There is only one place I know that even serves them! The Euro Cafe downtown makes them for lunch (or at least they used to… I havent’ been in in a while)… and theirs are homemade, and really delicious.

jkostelac

Barley’s has Pierogies with 3 kinds of sausage. They are your standard potato pierogies with sauteed onions and lots of butter…AND now I am hungry.

michaelcoyote
    Participant

I’m eagerly awaiting the opening of “Roland’s Pierogi Palace” myself..

NOTE: Newcomers may want to find the “Bacon Camp” thread.. keep napkins handy for drool related incidents

hungrywoolf
    Participant

michaelcoyote wrote >>
    I’m eagerly awaiting the opening of “Roland’s Pierogi Palace” myself..
    NOTE: Newcomers may want to find the “Bacon Camp” thread.. keep napkins handy for drool related incidents

Well, if you are willing to make them yourself – here is the recipe:
    rolands-prize-winning-bacon-loaded-pierogi-recipe[/url]

Roland
    Participant

Krystyna’s Deli is the only place I knew of that was selling, but they have closed up a while ago.

Keep encouraging me. I have been giving serious thought about the pirogi shop! :)

gus

There is a Russian restaurant on 161 just east of Cleveland Ave. It’s called Hawa Russia (НАША РОССИЯ) and I hear they have good pierogies (called vareniki in Russian).

Stewz
    Participant

Oh my goodness! I just read the recipe and my mouth immediately started watering!

My Great-Great Grandmother used to make pirogis for me when I was just a little kid and they were amazing.

The ones at Barley are most likely just store bought ones but they do the trick if you have a hankering.

Seriously though, Roland, yours sound absolutely amazing. I think you could definitely be on to something with the pirogi shop!

hungrywoolf
    Participant

I think that Hawa Russia was closed down by the health Dept. I am not sure whether it was just a temporary closure or whether they have reopened. Anyone know?

michaelcoyote
    Participant

gus wrote >>
    There is a Russian restaurant on 161 just east of Cleveland Ave. It’s called Hawa Russia (НАША РОССИЯ) and I hear they have good pierogies (called vareniki in Russian).

I understand Hawa closed a few months back.. Sorry :-p

ETA: HungryWoolf – I think it was announced that they would close for good…

gus

That’s too bad, I think it was one of the only Russian restaurants in town.

deraj1013
    Participant

Both Euro Cafe and Hawa Russia are gone for good. :(

Manatee
    Manatee
    Participant

Dear Roland and Donna,

Please set up a nice, new, gleaming pierogi truck, and cart pierogi love all over the greater Columbus area.

Especially by my house.

Your future best customer,

Manatee

lifeontwowheels
    Participant

Manatee wrote >>
    Dear Roland and Donna,
    Please set up a nice, new, gleaming pierogi truck, and cart pierogi love all over the greater Columbus area.
    Especially by my house.
    Your future best customer,
    Manatee

MMM pierogi truck…

There goes my paycheck

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 226 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: