Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Picking a place to buy a home in Columbus: 3 neighborhoods

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Picking a place to buy a home in Columbus: 3 neighborhoods

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 113 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #551095
    Anne Evans
    Anne Evans
    Keymaster

    TaraK said:

    Anne, how would you describe living in KLD’s sense of safety? I.e. taking the kids for a walk at night.

    I don’t take my kids for walks a night, and if I do go for a run myself, it’s either into downtown, or just a few streets east around my house (which is very close to the highway bridges). I imagine as they get older, and if things don’t dramatically improve, we will continue to take walks into downtown. And we don’t have pets, so I’m not out walking dogs either. I do see people walking dogs at several hours of the day, and the neighborhood in our immediate area is improving.

    I will also say that I do not drive around INSIDE the neighborhood at night either. I just don’t. If I have to go somewhere, I’ll drive down the main arteries of Long, Mt. Vernon (unless it is really late), and Leonard.

    #551096

    lattethunder
    Participant

    JoePeffer said:
    Hey Innercore – maybe you shouldn’t call me out on a public forum as being misleading when you obviously have no idea what youre talking about. Where do you get your information? Zillow? That’s fine for people who don’t have access to the Columbus MLS, but it is not at all accurate in many ways.
    My business and Delicious Real Estate is about transparency and informing the public while advocating for our clients. Anyone who says otherwise is ill informed.
    Yes, the seller leased the property a couple years ago and then re-listed it in July after that tenant moved out.
    Feel free to stop by my office anytime and I will show you the actual timelines.

    Also TaraK, yes, as much as I love Grandview for its housing stock, community, schools and proximity to downtown and OSU, it is stupid expensive $/sq ft.

    Maybe there’s another factor besides the price that’s making this home unattractive to buyers… a cranky realtor?

    #551097
    Chris Sunami
    Chris Sunami
    Participant

    lattethunder said:
    Maybe there’s another factor besides the price that’s making this home unattractive to buyers… a cranky realtor?

    I don’t think it’s cranky at all to defend the accuracy of what he’s saying. This is a extremely public and well-read forum.

    If someone is making unfounded statements about your business here, it’s almost a necessity to issue a vigorous rebuttal. And unless InnerCore is working off good solid info, I think he’s well in the wrong to make his accusations in the first place.

    #551098
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

    ChrisSunami said:
    I don’t think it’s cranky at all to defend the accuracy of what he’s saying. This is a extremely public and well-read forum.

    +1

    Innercore has regularly demonstrated an acute ability to rub anyone and everyone the wrong way. ;)

    #551099

    Graybeak
    Participant

    It just may be how they do things in Florida.

    #551100

    lattethunder
    Participant

    ChrisSunami said:
    I don’t think it’s cranky at all to defend the accuracy of what he’s saying. This is a extremely public and well-read forum.

    If someone is making unfounded statements about your business here, it’s almost a necessity to issue a vigorous rebuttal. And unless InnerCore is working off good solid info, I think he’s well in the wrong to make his accusations in the first place.

    I would love to see a good rebuttal… one that lists when the house was actually listed or one that mentions what HVAC work was supposedly done (in response to a different poster). But this is the second time he’s responded by basically saying “pffft, whatever, you don’t know what you’re talking about; you are ignorant” instead of actually giving us more info.

    Haha maybe I should take it to the pet peeve board because these types of realtors really grind my gears =)

    #551101

    InnerCore
    Participant

    Walker said:
    +1

    Innercore has regularly demonstrated an acute ability to rub anyone and everyone the wrong way. ;)

    Thanks, I take pride in that. But as much of a jerk that I am that doesn’t change actual facts.

    #551102

    Roland
    Participant

    lattethunder said:
    I would love to see a good rebuttal… one that lists when the house was actually listed or one that mentions what HVAC work was supposedly done (in response to a different poster). But this is the second time he’s responded by basically saying “pffft, whatever, you don’t know what you’re talking about; you are ignorant” instead of actually giving us more info.

    Haha maybe I should take it to the pet peeve board because these types of realtors really grind my gears =)

    He did list that it has a new zoned furnace and two new A/C compressors.
    He did list some of the history since 2009.

    And he invited you to contact him for more information about it. So call him and ask if you really care. “I would love to see a good rebuttal.” Defend yourself realtorman! LMAO. Step into my office, THE INTERNETS!

    #551103
    Chris Sunami
    Chris Sunami
    Participant

    lattethunder said:
    But this is the second time he’s responded by basically saying “pffft, whatever, you don’t know what you’re talking about; you are ignorant” instead of actually giving us more info.

    I don’t think that’s accurate. I don’t know anything about either the house or the realtor, but I haven’t perceived his responses in this thread to be anything other than informative, helpful and professional.

    Do you have some kind of personal experience with this property or this realtor that’s informing your negative response?

    #551104

    lattethunder
    Participant

    Roland said:
    He did list that it has a new zoned furnace and two new A/C compressors.
    He did list some of the history since 2009.

    And he invited you to contact him for more information about it. So call him and ask if you really care. “I would love to see a good rebuttal.” Defend yourself realtorman! LMAO. Step into my office, THE INTERNETS!

    Haha, calm down. No one (i think) called him here to “defend” his property, he choose to. Which is fine and all, but I don’t think stating the client took it off the market to rent for one year explains why innercore found listings in 4 different years and I don’t think “it has a new furnace” automatically means it doesn’t need more HVAC work. In fact, in my own home search in these very same neighborhoods we’re talking about, I have found these comments to never add up to more than a realtor trying to unload a property. Which again, is fine and all, it’s his job, but let’s not pretend he’s being 100% open and honest about red flags people see with the propety because in your words he gave “some of the history since 2009” on a 100+ year old building.

    Just to help you out, I would take a thourough rebuttal to look something like, “Yeah, X, Y, and Z were found to be wrong with the property but we took care of that in (blank year/month) by doing X, Y, and Z.” Saying “No, no, you’re wrong, see the furnace is ‘new!’ were did you get your information?” is used car salesman-esque.

    #551105

    maveric1
    Participant

    I don’t know anything about the realtor or the house but his comment, “Hey Innercore – maybe you shouldn’t call me out on a public forum as being misleading when you obviously have no idea what youre talking about. Where do you get your information? Zillow? That’s fine for people who don’t have access to the Columbus MLS, but it is not at all accurate in many ways.” did come off as a bit patronizing. But then again, I agree that Innercore could’ve brought that up in a more non-abrasive tone.

    #551106

    lattethunder
    Participant

    ChrisSunami said:

    Do you have some kind of personal experience with this property or this realtor that’s informing your negative response?

    Nope. Based on his responses He just seems like the type of realtor who’d be a pain to deal with. I don’t think refering to someone’s responses as “cranky” is an overwhelmingly negative thing to say, either.

    #551107

    peter
    Participant

    Let’s introduce some facts to this discussion.

    It was listed for $250k back in 2009 and then taken off the market in 2010. Then you listed it for $200k in 2011 and the removed later that year. Then listed again in May of this year for $220k and then removed in June. And then finally listed for $225k at the end of July for what I guess you are using as the starting point to say it’s been on the market for 2 months.

    Objectively false. Reality:

    -Listed for sale in Aug. 2009 (MLS 2929923).
    -Leased in late 2010
    -Listed for sale on 7/25/2013. (MLS 213027285)

    Anyone who doubts this can contact their friendly Columbus Realtor and ask them to verify it in the MLS. There was 0 activity in 2011 or 2012.

    He just seems like the type of realtor who’d be a pain to deal with.

    I’m biased as Joe is my business partner, but I would be shocked, SHOCKED if you found anyone who has actually worked with Joe (of which there are numerous members here at CU) who agreed with that.

    #551108

    InnerCore
    Participant

    peter said:
    Let’s introduce some facts to this discussion.

    It was listed for $250k back in 2009 and then taken off the market in 2010. Then you listed it for $200k in 2011 and the removed later that year. Then listed again in May of this year for $220k and then removed in June. And then finally listed for $225k at the end of July for what I guess you are using as the starting point to say it’s been on the market for 2 months.

    Objectively false. Reality:

    -Listed for sale in Aug. 2009 (MLS 2929923).
    -Leased in late 2010
    -Listed for sale on 7/25/2013. (MLS 213027285)

    Anyone who doubts this can contact their friendly Columbus Realtor and ask them to verify it in the MLS. There was 0 activity in 2011 or 2012.

    He just seems like the type of realtor who’d be a pain to deal with.

    I’m biased as Joe is my business partner, but I would be shocked, SHOCKED if you found anyone who has actually worked with Joe (of which there are numerous members here at CU) who agreed with that.

    Somehow I feel if you’re partner were actually working as my buyers agent he’d be telling me the opposite. Using you’re own info the property was on the market for a year and didn’t sell. The listing was then REMOVED as the property was leased. The property is then listed in 2013.

    To say that this has only been on the market for 2 months is clearly misleading given even your information. When Walker replied with curiosity that it was still on the market, the response should have been “the owner decided to rent the property and wait until the market improves, which we think it has at this point, blah, blah, blah.” But to respond and say well actually its only been on the market for 2 months as I said is misleading when it was on the market for over a year 4 years ago, never sold and is still with the same owner.

    If’s like you’re wife asking where you’ve been and you say at church, which is true but conveniently leaving out the fact that you stop by the strip club first for a couple of hours.

    So again if you were my buyers agent I doubt you’d be here telling me how this is a new to market property that has only been on the market for 2 months. You’d be telling me that this guy has been trying to sell this property for a while and rented it when he couldn’t sell.

    The seller has clearly had intent to sell this property in the $200k+ range for years now and has been unable to do so. I guess if the house isn’t sold in a couple months, is rented out for a year and then brought back to the market in late 2014 then it will be a brand new listing again.

    #551109
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

    TaraK said:
    Picking a place to buy a home in Columbus: 3 neighborhoods

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 113 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: