Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Piada Italian Street Food

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Piada Italian Street Food

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 150 total)
  • Author

VicVillage Guy
    Participant

Piada is in Columbus and not UA.

Andrew Hall

Does Piada pay royalties to iCarly?

(Yes, I am repeating myself due to the split nature of CU.)

A.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Piada Italian Street Food Expanding to Bexley:

Piada Italian Street Food Expanding to Bexley

ohiogirlie74

I’m glad to hear that they’re doing well and expanding… the time I went there, I was not really happy with the result — although, I would try it again to be sure that it wasn’t just my lame choices that killed my piada. I was hoping to have entree and salad innovatively and neatly wrapped up together in the bread course, providing an interesting and cohesive hot/cold bite… I didn’t get that. I’ll try one more time before I decide I hate it.

I didn’t expect everything to be cold, and it was. The sausage was not at all spicy, and the balsamic dressing tasted like it was swapped for pancake syrup, making everything it touched super sweet. I got one bite into my wrap before it gave out (and it was not that fully stuffed or tightly packed!), and the rest of the time I was trying to fork little piles onto the wrap shards and make small wrapped bites, to try to get the flavor effect; until I just abandoned the plan altogether and ate it like a salad.

I will grant that much of the problem could have been my bad choices, so, I will reserve total judgement, but… I’m not getting ANY of the same ingredients I got this last time, I disliked them all that much. Plus it was crazy loud in there, so, to-go only from now on; and they could maybe talk to their serving line about not fighting with one another and pretending to be happy to be there.

ohiogirlie74

honavery

Finally tried this place today, and I was pretty blown away. For fast casual (and local even), it’s hard to beat IMO. The presentation of the food was excellent too. I had a hard time choosing because everything looked so good. If they decide to take this place national it’ll make a killing.

Whatever happened to the Bexley location? Is that still in the works?

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

I don’t think any timeline was given on Bexley other than “next year” (2011):

Piada Italian Street Food Expanding to Bexley

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant

honavery wrote >>
    Finally tried this place today, and I was pretty blown away. For fast casual (and local even), it’s hard to beat IMO. The presentation of the food was excellent too. I had a hard time choosing because everything looked so good. If they decide to take this place national it’ll make a killing.
    Whatever happened to the Bexley location? Is that still in the works?

I still haven’t tried it yet, but I wanna. What did you get?

honavery

I got the Piada, with chicken, and the fresh basil pesto sauce. With a bunch of other veggie toppings. I was just going to go get the pasta bowl, but the crust dough they were throwing onto the stove top looked too good to pass up.

placebohigh
    Participant

honavery wrote >>
    I got the Piada, with chicken, and the fresh basil pesto sauce. With a bunch of other veggie toppings. I was just going to go get the pasta bowl, but the crust dough they were throwing onto the stove top looked too good to pass up.

I second this suggestion. I always get the chicken piada with basil pesto. It’s delicious and filling by itself without any sides.

uggh, customer service nightmare. I called in an order about 7:00pm, picked it up around 7:30pm. Hey gave me some other Sean’s meal. I realize once I get home, that there was a mix up. Upon calling to let them know, they graciously offered to send someone over to my house with the stuff I had ordered. Around 9pm, the young man arrived at my home, with half of my order! Apparently, they were closing down the kitchen and they had no more pepperoni rolls prepared (the only thing my lady friend had ordered) and despite the fact that I had already paid for the pepperoni rolls, the only thing they offered to do was put extra pepperoni rolls in our order next time. Unfortunately I don’t think we will ever take them up on their offer, and it’s a shame too, because I actually liked the concept.

achoo

I really like Piada. I was very pleasantly surprised about how well this place is designed and run.

I often drove by their Lane Ave. location and noticed the full parking lot. When I first visited for dinner, I stood in the long line and upon ordering I asked the manager how many stores there were and how long they had been open. He said that Lane was the only store and they had been open for a few months. My jaw dropped. I told him that it is very rare for a restaurant to be as busy in its initial run. He said that I ain’t seen nothin’ and during lunch-shift it is ridiculously busy.

And now for the food. It is a nice twist on Chipotle’s monopoly. Piada offers some variety to the format but the portions and offerings are very comparable. The food tasted very fresh and was satisfying. Hopefully, Piada will add seasonal changes to the menu so it doesn’t suffer the Chipotle rut. A continual variety of meat offerings might be a good idea.

Another sort of cool thing is the lighting in the store is phenomenal; so go during the evening. For a fast-food joint the store lighting is almost romantically beautiful and dramatic. Maybe the store designer was influenced by high-end Italian boutiques or something. Whatever…it works really well.

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

good to hear more about this place. Every time I try to go I get sucked across the street to PHO. I guess I’ll have to resist that tracking beam and make my way to Piada.

somertimeoh
    Participant

vestanpance wrote >>
    good to hear more about this place. Every time I try to go I get sucked across the street to PHO. I guess I’ll have to resist that tracking beam and make my way to Piada.

You really should, though I get the Pho temptation!! I think I’m getting pretty obsessed with the place, lol.

Noodle bowl with salmon, loaded with veggies, makes me very happy.

Mister Shifter
    Participant

Tonight I overheard a customer and employee talking about a Sawmill Rd. location opening sometime in the near future.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 150 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: