Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Piada Italian Street Food

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Piada Italian Street Food

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 150 total)
  • Author

lisathewaitress
    Participant

did anyone around here question the use of “street food” when Dragonfly opened On the Fly? I really don’t remember, but don’t care enough to look through the archives.

I realize we are in the midst of a boom in actual street food here in Cbus – which I am completely thankful for – but “street food” is a valid term for a style of food. Lac Viet could be seen as a street food spot, because pho is mostly a street food in Vietnam. The same goes for lots of things – pita sandwiches, kebab, waffles, crepes, etc – all traditional street foods.

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant

scottlitch wrote >>
    I have eaten at Piada in NYC many times and always thought it was a good franchise opportunity…
    http://www.piadanyc.com/

Do we know for sure it’s a franchise of this or a new concept? I kinda hope it’s another of what Scott linked…that menu looks gooood.

lisathewaitress
    Participant

and i don’t know about you, but this:

A Piada is a thin crust dough made from organic flour, cooked over a heated flat stone, brushed with premium olive oil & genuine parmesan reggiano cheese, hand rolled with authentic ingredients.

sounds pretty freakin’ yummy.

If you had told me 150 years ago when I was fired from Bravo that I would be defending a Doody, I’d probably have thrown my drink in your face!

patient_zero
    Participant

lisathewaitress wrote >>
    did anyone around here question the use of “street food” when Dragonfly opened On the Fly? I really don’t remember, but don’t care enough to look through the archives.
    I realize we are in the midst of a boom in actual street food here in Cbus – which I am completely thankful for – but “street food” is a valid term for a style of food. Lac Viet could be seen as a street food spot, because pho is mostly a street food in Vietnam. The same goes for lots of things – pita sandwiches, kebab, waffles, crepes, etc – all traditional street foods.

Yes, I have seen On the Fly use “street food”, and it’s still on their site Craving good cheap eats? Come to ON THE FLY Dragonfly’s popular street food spot, for a quick lunch or dinner to go or cop a gobble in one of our recycled chairs.

Cookie

patient_zero wrote >>

lisathewaitress wrote >>

Yes, I have seen On the Fly use “street food”, and it’s still on their site Craving good cheap eats? Come to ON THE FLY Dragonfly’s popular street food spot, for a quick lunch or dinner to go or cop a gobble in one of our recycled chairs.

I’m afraid I’m going to have to object to “cop a gobble.”

bzarcher
    Participant

I don’t think I was bashing – I didn’t mean to if I came off that way. I just want to know more about what’s going in.

somertimeoh
    Participant

I don’t know why these guys would ever pay franchise fees, but I have a feeling it’s probably similar. I would hope they wouldn’t call the place Piada and not serve them :)

And LtW, yes, people who are even remotely aware of food trends (I’m by no means a foodie, but even I know this is an exploding concept) know that street food can be just as viable in brick and mortar than on wheels. Those that don’t will soon enough.

patient_zero
    Participant

Cookie wrote >>

patient_zero wrote >>

lisathewaitress wrote >>

I’m afraid I’m going to have to object to “cop a gobble.”

Hop on over to Clever Crow Pizza and cop a gobble of our delicious Crow pizza. Any better? :]

Core_Models

jimbach wrote >>

Realist wrote >>
    Shocking – people on CU are bashing something from the suburbs. If this place was downtown you would think it was the greatest concept ever created.

I don’t have a problem with suburbs. I have a problem with a place claiming to be something it’s not. “Street food” means something different than what this place will be.

Piadas are one of the original street foods, long before what most of us call street food now. And yes, this restaurant will be serving them.

redchef

Think of Chipotle meats BRAVO! Pick your meat, veggies, and sauce (fra diavlo YUM!) and roll it up in a piada and wash it down with a Peroni and some great fried calamari.

somertimeoh
    Participant

Yes! I would like to do that for dinner tonight, hurry up!! ;)

KSquared

Core_Models wrote >>

jimbach wrote >>

Realist wrote >>
    Shocking – people on CU are bashing something from the suburbs. If this place was downtown you would think it was the greatest concept ever created.

I don’t have a problem with suburbs. I have a problem with a place claiming to be something it’s not. “Street food” means something different than what this place will be.

Piadas are one of the original street foods, long before what most of us call street food now. And yes, this restaurant will be serving them.

I am so ready to cop a gobble.
    +1 Somer – street food can just as easily be brick and mortar.

bridgiie

i have a friend that is going to work there and sent me this picture of the food .. wow, i’m excited!

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant

Um…holy shit yes.

placebohigh
    Participant

Wow, that looks fantastic!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 150 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: