Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Phase 2 of Liberty Place Apartments

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development Phase 2 of Liberty Place Apartments

This topic contains 26 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Stephen43215 Stephen43215 5 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Stephen43215
    Stephen43215
    Participant

As I was driving on 70, I noticed a lot of action going on around the apartment complex. It seems to me they got the go ahead from the city and ODOT to build.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Yep, it’s moving forward. Setting up an interview next week to get the full details. ;)

Stephen43215
    Stephen43215
    Participant

Nice! I wonder if the design will be the same as the other building? It would be nice to see some height added.

Becky43215

My understanding is that the building will be similar and will only contain studios and one bedrooms. Downside is they are not adding additional amenities such as another pool or fitness room. That could change. We will see.

Caleb
    Caleb
    Participant

Anymore news about this? Press Releases, heck I don’t even know where this is located (failure).

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

CalebR said:
    Anymore news about this? Press Releases, heck I don’t even know where this is located (failure).

Working on an interview with full details. I’ve not seen a press release anywhere.

Liberty Place is in the Brewery District:

http://www.thelibertyplaceapartments.com

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Published on May 8, 2012
    Liberty Place Adding Over 200 New Apartment Units to The Brewery District
    By: Walker

It’s no secret that the rental market is hot right now in Columbus with new apartments under construction in virtually every neighborhood. The Brewery District is no exception, as this area will be gaining some significant infill with the ongoing build out of the second half of Liberty Place Apartments.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/liberty-place-adding-over-200-new-apartment-units-to-the-brewery-district

OHGuy

I’ve looked at these apartments and personally would not rent there for a couple of reasons. One thing is they do not have an elevator anywhere in the original Apartment Complex and the Original is just a bit too close to the “Nightlife” and I can tell you it gets REAL noisy down at that end of town!

Last Friday night at 2am we watched a group of people get mace by security out on Liberty Street across from Liberty Square and while it was great entertainment it prefer my “Nightlife and Floorshows” not be in my front yard?

Pickerington_Kyle
    Participant

OHGuy said:
    I’ve looked at these apartments and personally would not rent there for a couple of reasons. One thing is they do not have an elevator anywhere in the original Apartment Complex and the Original is just a bit too close to the “Nightlife” and I can tell you it gets REAL noisy down at that end of town!

Last Friday night at 2am we watched a group of people get mace by security out on Liberty Street across from Liberty Square and while it was great entertainment it prefer my “Nightlife and Floorshows” not be in my front yard?

i’m pretty sure this is not the first time in the world someone lived in a place that was noisy. Should Columbus just be one big suburb where people have to go to bed at 10 pm?

surber17
    Participant

I have friends that live at Liberty Place and I’ve never had any issues with noise while staying over there.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Looks like construction is underway… photos from here:

Construction Roundup — July 2012

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

These have been moving along very quickly in the past 2 months:

Construction Roundup: October 2012

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

A new view from the north, showing both the apartments (right) and garage (left):

Construction Roundup: Nov 2012 Part 1

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Tour dozens of apartments, condos and homes on Sunday, May 5th during the sixth annual Urban Living Tour!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFO