Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Phamous Philly\'s

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Phamous Philly\'s

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

atmapes1
    Participant

A new place “Phamous Philly’s Steaks and Hoagies” opened on the corner of Summit and Chitt recently. Seems like your usual late night campus food spot. Has anyone tried it yet? Kind of curious to see if they do the cheesesteak right

Gus W
    Gus W
    Participant

We actually tried it a couple weekends ago, and it was pretty good for what it was. The bread was tasty, and my buddy really liked the cheesesteak. I wrote up a Yelp review on it if you want more information: http://www.yelp.com/biz/phamous-phillys-steak-and-hoagie-shop-columbus

I suggest ordering to go unless you live within walking distance, because parking is annoying.

atmapes1
    Participant

We actually tried it a couple weekends ago, and it was pretty good for what it was. The bread was tasty, and my buddy really liked the cheesesteak. I wrote up a Yelp review on it if you want more information: http://www.yelp.com/biz/phamous-phillys-steak-and-hoagie-shop-columbus

I suggest ordering to go unless you live within walking distance, because parking is annoying.

Do they put cheese whiz on the cheesesteaks

Gus W
    Gus W
    Participant

No, they don’t. At least it’s not the default. I’m not sure if it’s an option.

atmapes1
    Participant

looking for Philly authenticity :/

CB_downtowner
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Gus W wrote:</div>

looking for Philly authenticity :/

I agree. That’s authentic and I’m surprised I rarely see it anywhere else. Most phillys outside of Philly use way too dry and tough of meat. And really what makes a great Philly is the bread. Looking forward to trying this place. I trust a small shop more than I would a chain.

Gus W
    Gus W
    Participant

The bread’s pretty good. I know cheese whiz makes it authentic, but I don’t think that it’s the best cheese for a Philly, ha.

Also, I could be wrong, you could probably call up and ask them.

Scioto Tower
    Participant

I have never actually had a sandwich from Geno’s or Pat’s (have to get to Philly some day), but my favorite cheesesteak place in town is Penn Station. Again, no cheese wiz, but they have almost every other cheese option, and the bread is of the baguette type.

News
    Participant

Restaurant Review: Phamous Philly’s Steak + Hoagie Shop
    November 4, 2015 10:30 am – Miriam Bowers Abbott

Phamous Philly’s popped up a few months ago on Chittenden at Summit — it’s near the OSU campus zone, and just few blocks north of Weinland Park and Italian Village. The place has a catchy name and a polished logo that gives huge hints about the menu; it’s based on the classic Philadelphia cheesesteak sandwich.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/phamous-phillys-ma1

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The Columbus Coffee Festival Returns!

The 6th Annual Columbus Coffee Festival returns on Saturday September 25th and Sunday September 26th!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFORMATION