Our City Online

Messageboard - Politics

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Petraeus Scandal

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Politics Petraeus Scandal

This topic contains 23 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Snarf Snarf 5 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author

misskitty
    Participant

True. And Petraeus is no David Hasselhoff either, it’s almost like the women he was with were attracted to his wealth and power or something crazy.

I agree I do not think there are many decently attractive women out there that will fight over sagging sacks unless it comes with something else. But then again I could be very wrong maybe he was a stallion in the sack…. Lol eww

Mister Shifter
    Participant

I’m in no way condoning his behavior or infidelity in general. He’s indeed no Adonis. Just poking a bit of fun at the situation, in poor taste or not.

geoyui
    Participant

In terms of Jill Kelley, she’s a “Social Liaison”? Anyone know what this is, because the military doesn’t.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

geoyui said:
    In terms of Jill Kelley, she’s a “Social Liaison”? Anyone know what this is, because the military doesn’t.

I think it’s like a “party host” in Vegas, someone that knows where to find and get you what you’re looking for, for a fee.

hugh59
    hugh59
    Participant

Snarf said:
    Interesting take..

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2012/nov/13/petraeus-surveillance-state-fbi

Interesting article, Snarf. Let me add this to the mix. The FBI handles domestic espionage; the CIA handles foreign espionage. The CIA and the State Department tend to work closely together and are generally seen as allies in the Washington, DC power scene. The Defense Department also has its own intelligence agency, the DIA. I do not know if the DIA’s jurisdiction is limited to foreign espionage as is the CIA but I assume so.

Thus, the FBI has a chance to look into dirty stuff involving a competing agency: the Defense Department. Then they find a potential CIA link. Here is a big chance to score points and embarrass two competing agencies.

What I want to know is how the FBI (and its parent agency, the Department of Justice) authorized such intrusive surveillance when there was probably no probable cause that a crime had been committed. A Florida socialite gets some unfriendly emails. sheesh; worse messages get traded around CU every day. You do not see any of us going to the authorities (or even to Walker) to investigate the message senders.

Rusty1
    Rusty1
    Participant

Washington is in ruins.

GCrites80s
    Participant

I can’t believe Klosterman got dragged into this. Of all people…

hugh59
    hugh59
    Participant

Rusty1 said:
    Washington is in ruins.

And it was the Tampa office the the FBI that started this whole mess. The failure is bureau wide.

rus
    rus
    Participant

hugh59 said:
    What I want to know is how the FBI (and its parent agency, the Department of Justice) authorized such intrusive surveillance when there was probably no probable cause that a crime had been committed. A Florida socialite gets some unfriendly emails. sheesh; worse messages get traded around CU every day. You do not see any of us going to the authorities (or even to Walker) to investigate the message senders.

She also tried to invoke “diplomatic immunity”

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/11/14/15162122-in-911-calls-kelley-tried-to-invoke-diplomatic-immunity

Which is odd.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

The forum ‘Politics’ is closed to new topics and replies.

subscribe_email Get Columbus News Updates in Your Inbox!

Stay in the know! Enter your email address to subscribe to the latest news: