Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Pepsi Throwback

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Pepsi Throwback

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 68 total)
  • Author

patient_zero
    Participant

KSquared wrote >>
    Oh let me know if you find it!!

Kosher Coke should be rolling out in the middle of March thru April and has a distinct yellow cap on the 2 liter bottles. I’ll PM you when I see some.

*Alert* on glass bottled Coke in Mexican markets. Not all of it is HFCS free. Look at the ingredient list before you buy. Sometimes I think they are just replaced with bottles of American Coke, so if you want the real thing, look at the label. I read somewhere that some of the Mexican plants are converting to HFCS as well, which could be part of this transition in Mexican markets.

jarsloth
    jarsloth
    Participant

patient_zero wrote >>
    I read somewhere that some of the Mexican plants are converting to HFCS as well, which could be part of this transition in Mexican markets.

wow; that sucks!

patient_zero
    Participant

KSquared wrote >>
    Oh let me know if you find it!!

KSquared, time to start looking for 2â„“ Kosher Coke with the yellow cap. There was a Passover section in the upcoming Giant Eagle ad, and I remembered you were interested in finding some.

KSquared

Sweet, thanks PZ!! I’ll let you know if I run across any and please do the same :)

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

is kosher coke the same as mexican coke then?

patient_zero
    Participant

vestanpance wrote >>
    is kosher coke the same as mexican coke then?

Yes, it is like Mexican bottled Coke; it contains sugar in lieu of HFCS. The Kosher Coke only comes in 2â„“ bottles though, not in glass bottles. Some of the Mexican plants are now substituting HFCS for sugar, so read the ingredients label before you buy Mexican Coke.

patient_zero
    Participant

Stores are still waiting for Kosher Coke, but the N. Hamilton Road Giant Eagle, and others, have 2â„“ Pepsi made with sugar. It’s in a separate Passover section, not the Kosher section. The bottle looks similar to regular Pepsi, but the whit top has a triangle with letters in it, and the ingredient box lists sugar, not HFCS.

bman
    Participant

patient_zero wrote >>
    Stores are still waiting for Kosher Coke, but the N. Hamilton Road Giant Eagle, and others, have 2â„“ Pepsi made with sugar. It’s in a separate Passover section, not the Kosher section. The bottle looks similar to regular Pepsi, but the whit top has a triangle with letters in it, and the ingredient box lists sugar, not HFCS.

Wow PZ … we are like neighbors. I don’t go grocery shopiing at the N Hamilton Rd Giant Eagle, but I do go down that way frequently for shopping and eating. Next time I will drive by and wave! lol

bman
    Participant

Oh … and I guess my pallete is just not as discriminating as all of you, I have had throwback pepsi and mountain dew and can’t tell the difference. I am not a real pop/soda drinker but still … I was hoping for something that would make me want to become addicted to pop/soda. I actually thought regular mt dew was better than throwback, am I sick in the mind?

jarsloth
    jarsloth
    Participant

bman wrote >>
    Oh … and I guess my pallete is just not as discriminating as all of you, I have had throwback pepsi and mountain dew and can’t tell the difference. I am not a real pop/soda drinker but still … I was hoping for something that would make me want to become addicted to pop/soda. I actually thought regular mt dew was better than throwback, am I sick in the mind?

I finally got to try the Heritage Dr. Pepper and also was not impressed. Like you, I’m not a big soda drinker, though the only thing that really does it for me (i.e., takes me back to when I was a little kid and soda was still an exciting treat) is Mexican Coke. I’m wondering about the Kosher Coke; does anyone have any thoughts on how it compares, taste-wise, to Mexican Coke?

chaptal
    Participant

Found some kosher Coke at the Giant Eagle in Grandview, only a buck for a two liter!

cyclist II
    Participant

Does anyone know of any more Mt. Dew Throwback anywhere in town? I sell it at my shop and its pretty popular, but I only have a few cans left.

thanks

jarsloth
    jarsloth
    Participant

Cafe Corner has both Mexican Coke and Dublin Dr. Pepper[/url]; I tried the Dublin Dr. Pepper; a little too sweet for me, but not bad; I’ll probably stick w/ the Mexican Coke.

jarsloth
    jarsloth
    Participant

Brant
    Participant
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 68 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: