Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Pepsi Throwback

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Pepsi Throwback

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 68 total)
  • Author

Snarf wrote >>

spookygoddess78 wrote >>
    you mix bourbon with pop? shame on you.

elitist.

ha! i DID say pop. ;-)

Tenzo
    Participant

spookygoddess78 wrote >>
    you mix bourbon with pop? shame on you.

Spent many a warm night in high school sitting with by the lake with a bottle of Jack daniels and a 2 liter bottle of coke.

Hael

turbo ninja wrote >>
    Meanwhile, I’ve been enjoying Whole Foods’ cane-sugar-sweetened store brand soft drinks.
    I’m pretty much at the point where I only use sodas as mixers for booze, so it’s important that I not poison my body with HFCS while I poison it with 45-proof bourbon.

+1 haha! very good.

bustowner
    Participant

turbo ninja wrote >>
    Meanwhile, I’ve been enjoying Whole Foods’ cane-sugar-sweetened store brand soft drinks.
    I’m pretty much at the point where I only use sodas as mixers for booze, so it’s important that I not poison my body with HFCS while I poison it with 45-proof bourbon.

Another ingredient in most sodas besides HFCS is phosphoric acid. Along with citric acid, it serves to provide tartness. Unfortunately, there is some evidence that phosphoric acid is the culprit in reduced bone density among regular consumers of soda. Whole Foods sodas use tartaric acid, a by-product of wine- and juice-making, instead.

Lorence
    Participant

For all of you Soda/pop fans:

chaptal
    Participant

If I ever get to L.A. that’s on my list!

patient_zero
    Participant

Lorence wrote >>
    For all of you Soda/pop fans:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPbh6Ru7VVM

Lorence, thanks for sharing. I wanna hug that guy right now. The tenacity of the American spirit alive and well. Liz and Harold would love that place, come home with a vehicle load of sodas. Red Ribbon Cherry Soda – umm.

@KSquared – He talked about a kosher Coke with natural sugar that may be in certain markets today. I’ll have to look – but where? Bexley Kroger, maybe?

KSquared

Oh let me know if you find it!!

turbo ninja
    Participant

Anybody found it yet? I’ve been to three different Krogers and a Giant Eagle so far this year and I haven’t seen Pepsi Throwback at any of them.

laChewla
    Participant

I found a case of Mountain Dew throwback, it was up in Medina at a Walmart. Apprently the Stop’n’Go on Rt. 3 in Medina also carries 20 oz. bottles of Pepsi throwback.

For a more local option – Mt. Dew throwback 20 oz. are at the check out lines in VV’s Giant Eagle.

misskitty
    Participant

The Kroger on the West side (Saldano Blvd.) has Pepsi and Mt dew throwback

KSquared

I cleaned the Gahanna Giant Eagle out of their last 7 12-packs last night :) It was also on sale 4 for $10 which made me extra happy, and it is packaged in the old school white cans.

foxforcefive
    Participant

I saw both the Mtn Dew and Pepsi Throwback at the Speedway at Cleveland and 161…probably at others soon if not already.

Twixlen
    Participant

Pepsi Throwback was at the Walgreens on the corner of Hague and W. Broad as of Sunday, 2/14…

Not that most folks get out there, but there was Pepsi throwback in the cases near the checkout at Meijer in Marion last Saturday (took the MIL shopping). There may be some in the grocery section, too. I only bought 2, so I could finish them before I committed to a diet on Monday :( I definitely prefer it — the taste takes me back.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 68 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: