Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Pepsi Throwback

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Pepsi Throwback

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 68 total)
  • Author

Jim Lauwers
    Participant

What are you, eight years old? Go back to listening to Mr. Sandman on your crystal-diode radio, grandpa.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

You down with O.P.P?

turbo ninja
    Participant

I found Pepsi Throwback at the Kroger in University Plaza or whatever it’s called on Olentangy near Ackerman. With my card, it was $2.50ish for a 12-pack and worth every penny.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Snarf wrote >>
    You down with O.P.P?

Other People’s Pepsi?

KSquared

I wish Coke would follow suit. I know I can get Mexican Coke but it’s pretty pricey. I LOVE Coke in a glass bottle, but I wish they sold it in larger packages so maybe it would not cost quite so much.
    I miss the days of fighting with my brother over who got to push the bottles down the bottle return belt….

L.I. to Buckeye
    Participant

KSquared wrote >> I LOVE Coke in a glass bottle, but I wish they sold it in larger packages so maybe it would not cost quite so much.
    I miss the days of fighting with my brother over who got to push the bottles down the bottle return belt….

Oh my goodness, yes! When I was a kid and we’d come out to Ohio to visit my grandmother, she always used to have Coke and 7-up in glass bottles and I loved it! It was such a treat! She used to have a bottle cap remover on the side of this big wooden butcher block in her kitchen. Such good childhood memories!

I’m a total Diet Coke-head now, but I really loved the novelty of those glass bottles!

Hael

KSquared wrote >>
    I wish Coke would follow suit.

Coke throw back, way back, to the time Cocaine was an ingredient.

Brant
    Participant

So how long was this stuff on the market anyways? I looked all summer but was never able to find it at my Giant Eagle.

chaptal
    Participant

Brant Jones wrote >>
    So how long was this stuff on the market anyways? I looked all summer but was never able to find it at my Giant Eagle.

The only places I seemed to find it were at Target,

patient_zero
    Participant

The press release stated that this was to be produced for a mere 8 weeks, beginning April 20th. I didn’t see that that they will continue to produce it in the near future.

http://pepsithrowbackhub.com/downloads/press-release.pdf

sixby9is42

According to this website, it’s coming back on December 28th for eight weeks:

http://www.bevreview.com/2009/08/10/pepsi-mountain-dew-throwback-to-return-in-december-for-8-weeks/

patient_zero
    Participant

Called Pepsi today. Distribution begins Dec 28th at grocery stores: Meijer, Kroger and Giant Eagle and fans out from there.

turbo ninja
    Participant

Meanwhile, I’ve been enjoying Whole Foods’ cane-sugar-sweetened store brand soft drinks.

I’m pretty much at the point where I only use sodas as mixers for booze, so it’s important that I not poison my body with HFCS while I poison it with 45-proof bourbon.

you mix bourbon with pop? shame on you.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

spookygoddess78 wrote >>
    you mix bourbon with pop? shame on you.

elitist.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 68 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: