Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Pennsylvania takes major shot at the Arnold Strongman and lack of drug testing

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Pennsylvania takes major shot at the Arnold Strongman and lack of drug testing

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Author

Arnold can mask it anyway he wants…the drugs are still there. The heart and soul of the Arnold is that it is the annual pilgrimage for Steroid Nation.
    CPA, Jeepgirl and Grey ….your responses are slanted. I am stating facts that you do not want to hear…your daughter is part of an event that still and will always feature drugs.

Stop being biased and answer why PA has condemned the strongman show? Why are these magazines writing about drug use there?

God forbid this would ever happen but suppose it was your son or daughter who got mixed up in the steroid world of the Arnold and World’s Strongest Man and that young person was found dead? And it was your child, God forbid. Would you want someone posting the truth?

Please talk about what this thread is about…not what you have justified letting your daughter and her team get involved with.

The strength shows at the Arnold are drug fests, are not tested and with all the fatalities, elected officials are starting to take serious notice of it and are doing their job and acting on it…

Schoolboy
    Participant

ohioisbetter said:
    The heart and soul of the Arnold is that it is the annual pilgrimage for Steroid Nation.

God forbid this would ever happen but suppose it was your son or daughter who got mixed up in the steroid world of the Arnold and World’s Strongest Man and that young person was found dead? And it was your child, God forbid. Would you want someone posting the truth?

Your comments make about as much sense to me as something like drugs are the heart and sole of rock and roll (insert music genre). That we should shut down all of the rock concerts to save our children from possible heroin (insert drug type) overdoses.

You are like the wierd preacher who yells “you are all going to hell” while holding a bible over his head at Comfest every year.

I’m sure there is good intent somewhere in there, but the method of preaching said message is mind dumbing.

buckeyecpa
    Participant

You brought up the sex trafficking. This scare is brought up during every national sporting event. The golf tournament here, the super bowl, and the world cup have all been mentioned with being big in this area. However, The Global Alliance Against Traffic in Women has stated although there is media attention surrounding trafficking and these events, they do not have any evidence and they also disagree with this idea. I like to think they know what they are talking about.

Nice try…you still have not answered my last entry.

The State of PA has not condemned Rock and Roll…it has put out a resolution condemning the strongman show and that is what the thread is about. We’re not talking about Rock and Roll…we’re talking about steroids at the Arnold…what about your own TV report about rampant steroid use in this region?….answer that…don’t change the subject. So far this is very weak commentary. I thought I’d read better. Admit it…Columbus has out to a man the New Yorker refers to as “The World’s Most Famous Steroid User.”

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

What does the state of PA have to do with fucking anything?

The rampant nonsense machine is what’s taking the roids.

Graybeak
    Participant

ohioisbetter said:
    Grey ….your responses are slanted.

Gray. It’s right there in front of you.

Wanting to know who and why someone is saying something is not in anyway slanted. I have not advocated nor condemned this event. Don’t lump me in with your rantings.

buckeyecpa
    Participant

Steroids are in every city small or big. It was one news report. It’s not like the heroin problems in certain or areas. You have no evidence the steroids are related to the Arnold. Please provide actual evidence if you want to be taken seriously. People can sponsor a bill just to puff their chest. It means little.

Graybeak
    Participant

You know what else Pennsylvania thought it would be wise to have laws about?

It is illegal to have over 16 women live in a house together because that constitutes a brothel.

Any motorist driving along a country road at night must stop every mile and send up a rocket signal, wait 10 minutes for the road to be cleared of livestock, and continue.

Any motorist who sights a team of horses coming toward him must pull well off the road, cover his car with a blanket or canvas that blends with the countryside, and let the horses pass. If the horses appear skittish, the motorist must take his car apart, piece by piece, and hide it under the nearest bushes.

It is required that a woman have a permit to wear cosmetics.

It is illegal to sleep on top of a refrigerator outdoors.

In Hazelton, Pennsylvania, there is a law on the books that prohibits a person from sipping a carbonated drink while lecturing students in a school auditorium.

In the Mount Pocono region any group of 5 or more Native Americans are to be considered a raiding party and may be killed on the spot.

JeepGirl
    Participant

ohioisbetter said:
    Arnold can mask it anyway he wants…the drugs are still there. The heart and soul of the Arnold is that it is the annual pilgrimage for Steroid Nation.
    CPA, Jeepgirl and Grey ….your responses are slanted.

Sure my response is slanted, because I have first-hand experience with a group of fitness competitors. That same experience doesn’t equal your out-there notions and accusations. I’ve no doubt that the health and fitness levels of most of the competitors would shame you, as they do me.

I’m very proud of the accomplishments my daughter has made and she has never, nor will, touch a PED.

But anyway, keep chugging your cupcakes sweetie as you wallow in your self-loathing and pitiful attempt to bring prejudice to an entire group of athletes because of the possibility that a few dumb asses may be hurting themselves.

rus
    rus
    Participant

JeepGirl said:

But anyway, keep chugging your cupcakes sweetie as you wallow in your self-loathing and pitiful attempt to bring prejudice to an entire group of athletes because of the possibility that a few dumb asses may be hurting themselves.

Side note: Hope your daughter’s team mates do well.

pez
    Participant

Graybeak said:
    You know what else Pennsylvania thought it would be wise to have laws about?

It is illegal to have over 16 women live in a house together because that constitutes a brothel.

Any motorist driving along a country road at night must stop every mile and send up a rocket signal, wait 10 minutes for the road to be cleared of livestock, and continue.

Any motorist who sights a team of horses coming toward him must pull well off the road, cover his car with a blanket or canvas that blends with the countryside, and let the horses pass. If the horses appear skittish, the motorist must take his car apart, piece by piece, and hide it under the nearest bushes.

It is required that a woman have a permit to wear cosmetics.

It is illegal to sleep on top of a refrigerator outdoors.

In Hazelton, Pennsylvania, there is a law on the books that prohibits a person from sipping a carbonated drink while lecturing students in a school auditorium.

In the Mount Pocono region any group of 5 or more Native Americans are to be considered a raiding party and may be killed on the spot.

Not unreasonable.

Pez what does any of that have to do with this thread about steroids?
    Jeep…if The Arnold is so pure now why is this picture on the front of their Facebook page? The core drug events are there and your daughter’s stuff is sugar coating …layering to con people that this is a good family event. I would not let Arnold within 100 yards of my daughter…but that’s just me.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

Get over your shit.

Geno99
    Participant

Wait…bodybuilders use steroids and steroid-like substances? OMG, how could I have never guessed this!?

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

Hippos kill more people in a week than steroids kill in a year by overdose.

It is not a pressing issue, IMO.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: