Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Paulie Gee’s

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Paulie Gee’s

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 56 total)
  • Author

Mister Shifter
    Participant

Flying Pizza?

OSURob
    Participant

Café Napolitano does a decent NY slice as well!

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

Flying Pizza?

the one on campus with extra dry parm sprinkled on top.. This belongs in the ghosts of Columbus Past thread.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

NY pizza is greasy floppy bullshit.

CB_downtowner
    Participant

NY pizza is greasy floppy bullshit.

To each their own. Some people don’t like it. But it sounds like you’re acknowledging it’s different than a lot of slices in Columbus that claim to be NY style. Most pizza that claims to be NY style in Columbus don’t do the floppy, greasy thing.

Gus W
    Gus W
    Participant

I stick to pizza back home in CT. New Haven style a la Pepe’s! :)

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Café Napolitano does a decent NY slice as well!

Sarefino’s inside the North Market also does NY-style pizza by the slice. Big and floppy and greasy.

http://www.northmarket.com/meet-the-market/our-merchants/sarefinos-pizzeria-and-italian-deli.aspx

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

you gotta know when to fold em

RandomVisitor
    Participant

I stick to pizza back home in CT. New Haven style a la Pepe’s! :)

Sally’s Apizza !!!!

jackoh
    Participant

A pizza that can be folded is nothing more that an Italian soft taco- not pizza.

CB_downtowner
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>vestanpance wrote:</div>

A pizza that can be folded is nothing more that an Italian soft taco- not pizza.

And many of the pizzas I’ve had in Columbus taste like bread with pizza toppings. Thin crust is basically a flatbread. And Chicago pizza is a pie with spaghetti filing. Everyone has their own taste preferences but they’re all pizza. I tend to prefer less dough but not to the point of crispy thin crust. But that’s only one person’s taste.

CbusBiz
    Participant

Step aside Liz, and watch how a Brooklyn based pizzeria gentrifies a neighborhood.

OneBagTravel
    Participant

Pizza always leads to bickering.

Nancy H
    Participant

A neighboring business told me yesterday that Paulie Gee’s is open. Anybody tried it yet?

I was all excited about this new pizza place until I discovered we (Columbus) are not all that special after all. It now looks like an aggressive franchise expansion. He has already opened a Paulie Gee’s in Baltimore and Miami. Eyeing locations in Chicago, Oakland, Portland, Los Angeles, Las Vegas, and Long Island.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

I was all excited about this new pizza place until I discovered we (Columbus) are not all that special after all. It now looks like an aggressive franchise expansion. He has already opened a Paulie Gee’s in Baltimore and Miami. Eyeing locations in Chicago, Oakland, Portland, Los Angeles, Las Vegas, and Long Island.

I’m totally ok with all of those being our peer cities for restaurant expansions. ;)

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 56 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Local journalism is more important than ever. Please take a moment to read a bit about our mission and consider financially supporting our cause.

CLICK HERE