Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Paulie Gee’s

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Paulie Gee’s

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 56 total)
  • Author

News
    Participant

Lauded Brooklyn Pizzeria Paulie Gee’s to Open in The Short North
    August 4, 2015 4:35 pm – Rebecca Wagner

A slice of New York City pizza is coming to Columbus. Paulie Gee’s, which was recently declared the best pizza in NYC by a Zagat survey, is slated to open an Ohio location later this fall. The Brooklyn-based pizzeria will occupy the former Short North Coffee House space at 1195 N. High Street.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/lauded-brooklyn-pizzeria-paulie-gees-to-open-in-the-short-north-rw1

Eridony
    Eridony
    Participant

So that’s why the Short North Coffee House had to suddenly close.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

Wait, does this mean the “there’s no NY style pizza in Columbus” complaints will stop?!?

bayrea
    Participant

Wait, does this mean the “there’s no NY style pizza in Columbus” complaints will stop?!?

I might be pizza ignorant, but I always thought Mikey’s LNS was pretty NYC.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Coremodels wrote:</div>

I might be pizza ignorant, but I always thought Mikey’s LNS was pretty NYC.

Clearly not NYC enough. I’m sure if I dug a bit, I could find one of the MANY threads on here about this.

RandomVisitor
    Participant

Bayrae

I don’t know Paulie Gee’s pizza but Mikey’s is closer to Tombstone than NYC pizza

Sorry

CB_downtowner
    Participant

Bayrae

I don’t know Paulie Gee’s pizza but Mikey’s is closer to Tombstone than NYC pizza

Sorry

I wouldn’t go that far. As an east coast pizza snob that doesn’t like a lot of Columbus pizzas, I love Late Night Slice. I agree it’s not quite NY style but I love it for different reasons and like that it at least comes close.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

That complaint should have been silenced forever a year ago. ;)

https://www.columbusunderground.com/forums/topic/sbarro-relocating-company-hq-to-columbus

FunkBrothers
    Participant

First it was Sbarro and now Paulie Gee’s. What is next, Vinnie’s Pizzeria and DiFara’s opens locations in Columbus?

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

I thought it was all about the water in NYC?

serious note: Pizza > Coffee

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>vestanpance wrote:</div>

mbeaumont
    Participant

Paulie Gee’s isn’t NYC-style pizza. It just comes from NYC. It’s Neapolitan pizza.

And the NYC water thing is a myth anyway: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/05/11/new-york-water-bagels-so-good-nom_n_7242452.html

OneBagTravel
    Participant

I miss you Big New Yorker

CB_downtowner
    Participant

Paulie Gee’s isn’t NYC-style pizza. It just comes from NYC. It’s Neapolitan pizza.

And the NYC water thing is a myth anyway: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/05/11/new-york-water-bagels-so-good-nom_n_7242452.html

I would bet the main reason people are snobby about NY pizza is that there are so many pizza options and most do it NY pizza style. When you have so many options of one style, of course you’re going to find several that you absolutely love. And that one place that does it absolutely the way you love is what you view as authentic. I also think there are too many places way too liberal about what NY style is. It’s even worse if you’re talking about a true philly cheesesteak. It’s a pretty good way to piss off a northeasterner to claim it’s one thing and then completely miss the mark.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 56 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Ring in the decade in style! Join us for an all-inclusive NYE celebration!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFO