Our City Online

Messageboard - Everyday Chit Chat

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Pattycake Bakery is Awesome

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Everyday Chit Chat Pattycake Bakery is Awesome

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author

jenbach wrote >>
    To second Sarah, thanks for the thanks and love Walker, Anne, and all ya’ll! (and for the skepticism/reality check, too, Nitsud Regnifloh ;)
    Andrew, that suggestion is brilliant. We SO should’ve thought of that :)
    Red Sun Rising, if you’re reading this… we hope you aren’t mad!
    And to all: love love love to you this and every season, and thank you so much for your support!!!
    xoxo, jennie

Oh Jennie, how could I possibly be angry with you or Pattycake for such a sweet sentiment, peace offering and belly laugh. I think you made/make an excellent gesture, or should I say jester ;-) Wage peace today, on Valentine’s Day and every day I say. You guys rock!

rus wrote >>

sarahb wrote >>
    Thanks Walker! Red Sun Rising hearts Rus was my favorite we came up with! hehehehe

Have to send you a candied bacon heart for that one ;-)

Hey Rus, I thought you would really appreciate this one, you know I couldn’t resist showing a little vegan love to my arch nemesis ;-)

“According to the Food and Drug Administration, our country’s meat supply contains the residues of 500 to 600 different chemicals. The debate isn’t about whether they’re there, but how much harm they cause humans, especially because the FDA only monitors some of these chemicals.” source: http://blog.greensburymarket.com/uncategorized/how-chemicals-in-the-meat-you-eat-can-hurt-you/

rus
    rus
    Participant

Red Sun Rising wrote >>

Hey Rus, I thought you would really appreciate this one ;-)

Oh, we doing video gifts? ‘Cause I got you one.

rus wrote >>

Red Sun Rising wrote >>

(retch) Gee thank you Rus (retch) how very thoughtful of you (retch), now please excuse me while I go attend to some bodily demands. (covers mouth, flees for restroom, slams door- KACK!!)

rus
    rus
    Participant

Red Sun Rising wrote >>

rus wrote >>

Red Sun Rising wrote >>

Gee thank you Rus how very thoughtful of you, now please excuse me while I go vomit.

Hmmm… did the head leave a bad taste in your mouth? ;-)

patient_zero
    Participant

Pattycake, Jennie and her staff are undoubtedly awesome. I was downloading some photos to my Flickr account and found this photo of Jennie from the Earth Day celebration. I’m not sure how many of you know this, but Root Down volunteers at the various work sites were given little cards for discounts at local merchants, or in some cases, free stuff. Jennie was a local merchant offering free stuff, in this case, her awesome baked goods to any volunteer with a Root Down card.

I chose a few cherry brownies from her generous selection that day, and enjoyed them very much. Although Earth Day is long gone, I just wanted to say, “Thanks”, for taking the time to bake a booth full of goods out of the kindness of your heart. You truly are awesome, Pattycake Bakery!

Jennie at Earth Day 2012 on The Columbus Commons.

SusanB
    Participant

Her almond cupcakes are amazing. I feel like a cupcake crackhead when I eat one- I always want five more. Great person, great product.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

The forum ‘Everyday Chit Chat’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Local journalism is more important than ever. Please take a moment to read a bit about our mission and consider financially supporting our cause.

CLICK HERE