Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Pataskala man shot at concealed carry gun class

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Pataskala man shot at concealed carry gun class

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author

RhondaH

I am guessing this place might be offering a groupon with a large percentage off classes soon…

Man Shot By Instructor During Fairfield County Concealed Carry Class

CARROLL, Ohio – A Pataskala man is recovering after he was shot at a concealed carry class over the weekend.

Investigators with the Fairfield County Sheriff’s Office say an instructor accidentally fired a shot at one of his students during a demonstration, thinking the gun was empty.

But investigators say the handgun was loaded with five bullets.

It happened at the Central Ohio Coonhunters Association on Coonpath Road in Fairfield County Saturday night, near the end of a daylong class.

http://www.10tv.com/content/stories/2013/08/12/carroll-concealed-carry-instructor-shoots-student-in-arm.html

leftovers

Like the end where the article says the victim will be talking to an attorney.

This is probably going to go on the instructor’s monthly job performance report. ;)

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

1. Worst 100 bucks ever spent.

2. This instructor was also range master and director in the organization…wtf?

3. Central Ohio Coonhunters Association? COCA??? That’s a real thing?

I’ve never taken a CCW class, but I’d have to assume lessons like “treat every gun as if it is loaded” (and for that matter, always unload when not in use), “never touch the trigger unless you’re prepared to fire”, “Keep safety active until ready to fire”, etc. would have to be part of the curriculum, no?!?

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

What sucks is all the students have to reschedule now.

rus
    rus
    Participant

Snarf said:
    What sucks is all the students have to reschedule now.

Hopefully with a better instructor.

leftovers

rus said:
    Hopefully with a better instructor.

That was probably a lesson they won’t forget. I would pass it off as an experimental teaching technique akin to ‘new math’.

Chris Sunami
    Chris Sunami
    Participant

When the headline is “Man Accidentally Shot By Teacher in Gun Safety Class” I’m not sure how much you can add to that.

buckette13

Coremodels said:

3. Central Ohio Coonhunters Association? COCA??? That’s a real thing?

The article goes on to say that the association building is located on ‘Coonpath Road’

kit444
    Participant

[i]“Toki says instructor that Terry Dunlap, Sr. was demonstrating how a bullet can shoot through a purse or a pant pocket.”[/i]

I’d say he did that successfully.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

wait, they’re teaching these students to shoot through a purse or pocket?!?

joev
    Participant

What does it take to get a concealed carry permit revoked?

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

joev said:
    What does it take to get a concealed carry permit revoked?

I hope “accidentally shooting a guy” is on the list.

Rockmastermike
    Participant

Coremodels said:
    I hope “accidentally shooting a guy” is on the list.

I’d call it “negligently” rather than “accidentally”. The old “forgot to check the chamber is empty” mistake, from what it sounds like. I’d also call it “DERP”

billbix

It wasn’t just one in the chamber…it had 5 bullets.

Rockmastermike
    Participant

billbix said:
    It wasn’t just one in the chamber…it had 5 bullets.

Yeah. But that one in the chamber is the one you REALLY gotta know about. LOL

I’m betting he either forgot he had one chambered and put the clip on or he forgot there were ones in the clip and chambered thinking the clip was empty.

negligent either way, really. no-lol

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The Columbus Coffee Festival Returns!

The 6th Annual Columbus Coffee Festival returns on Saturday September 25th and Sunday September 26th!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFORMATION