Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Parsons Avenue ideas...?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Parsons Avenue ideas…?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 74 total)
  • Author

lifeontwowheels
    Participant

Is there a lot or a space in back/front of the building?

Maybe something like this.

e8453b

groundrules wrote >>

Kirk wrote >>
    Hal and Al’s is about the only business worth a shit on that whole street.

ain’t even my ‘hood and I can call bullshit on that one.

Actually there is a new Art Gallery on Parson’s and Reinhard

Columbusite

Name?

e8453b

coolbuckeye wrote >>
    Well I think the first “step in that direction” is for people to stop trashing the neighborhood and say something positive or don’t say anything at all. I can’t deny that the neighborhood has challenges but I would rather focus on the great assets like the library, Ganthers place and the hospital and build off of them. I can’t wait to hear your positive comments and ideas about your neighborhood Kirk.

Thanks for the mention of Ganthers Place!!!

stinkybomb
    Participant

I second a place for coffee or a bagel.
    any good quality eating establishment would be more than welcome. Yes there are plenty in walking distant but Buckeye Donuts is not worth the high street crossing with a child as pedestrian walkways are not ideal. German Village has several but forget about it come winter time.
    We don’t need anymore churches, liquor stores, adult themed establishments, thrift stores, laundry mats, or bodegas (I welcome another Bodega).
    At the moment the only establishment to consistently get my business is the Post Office on Parsons.

joev
    Participant

One thing that I think would fit in pretty well, especially in the area between Thurman and Whittier, are a few antique furniture stores.

SusanB
    Participant

The Ace Hardware store is fantastic, great customer service and they have all the oddball stuff old houses need. The Library is great, so is Hal & Als, and I just found out that Dueces Two is a gay bar with drag shows (who knew?). The bank in the Kroger (Charter One) is also fantastic in its customer service. That Kroger just put in gas pumps too. The boys in Ganthers Place are really rockin the neighborhood and everyday it seems like I meet another new homeowner in Merion Village/Hungarian Village (including our very own Tourist). A good cup of coffee would be great though, especially if it had a drive through.

Kerry

I would 3rd a coffeeshop/donut/bagel spot.

The art gallery, is @ 1000 Parsons Ave and is called Gallery 1000. Open Thurs, Fri & Sat.

I’d also like to see more art stuff, a pottery studio, art supply, live preformance space, hobby & craft stuff too. A florist/garden shop/gift store.

melikecheese
    Participant

There is a building a bit north of Hal and Als that is available and has an old sign labeling it the Bus Stop Cafe. I think that building could be a nice coffee place or cafe with some work.

I would love to be able to walk and get coffee and not be finished with my coffee by the time I get back home (like now if I walk all the way to cup o joe on 3rd)

Coulmbusite is right, with a little imagination you can see Parsons developing really nice. A lot fo the buildings could be made pretty nice, some of them should be torn down (like that white building on Parsons and Gates across from Hal and Als). Someone lives there based on things in the windows but I can’t imagine rent being more then 100 bucks a month for that POS.

I would personally love to see a market or deli, something that has quality meats, local veggies etc.

Or better yet, that Lil Brothers replacement we still don’t have!

melikecheese
    Participant

Oh and while I am at it, what the entire South Side needs is a TACO TRUCK!! I can’t get a lick of Mexican down here!

SusanB
    Participant

Los Companeros? Not sure of the spelling, is across the street from the Great Southern Shopping Mall. While not amazing it is Mexican and passable.

melikecheese
    Participant

SusanB wrote >>
    Los Companeros? Not sure of the spelling, is across the street from the Great Southern Shopping Mall. While not amazing it is Mexican and passable.

I will check it out! Thanks, I guess I missed that when I was exploring all the way down there.

halandals

Thanks for the appreciation earlier in the thread, we would love to see some more new businesses take the Parsons challange!

@melikecheese, since Rad Dog! has moved out of the kitchen and we have taken over we have some vegan mexican menu items. Tacos, nachos and taco salad. Also really tasty beer battered fried avocados served with a creamy cilantro-lime dipping sauce.

Look for more food additions in the near future as we expand our entree options. We also do carryout, nothing on the food menu is more than $6 (including the ever popular Luna Burger on a Brezel bun)

deraj1013
    Participant

melikecheese wrote >>
    Oh and while I am at it, what the entire South Side needs is a TACO TRUCK!! I can’t get a lick of Mexican down here!

Coyote Jane’s (Mexican) is opening soon in South Merion Village. And I successfully completed the Parson’s Challenge myself yesterday. Holla!

halandals

@deraj1013 Congrats!!!!

I am excited to check out Coyote Jane’s myself, I really love that building and I am so happy it will not sit empty any longer.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 74 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: