Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Parsons Avenue ideas...?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Parsons Avenue ideas…?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 74 total)
  • Author

cmhcow
    Participant

Hi everybody.

I am considering buying and renovating a building on Parsons Avenue, but am not sure about tenant recruitment. I think that I can keep rent fairly affordable ($8.00/sf NNN) and although restaurant/professional services/retail is most appealing, my ears are open.

Any thoughts?

Kirk

Here’s a quick list of what they don’t need anymore of on that street.

1) Used car dealership (well over a dozen of those on that street)
    2) Free store
    3) Liquor store
    4) Crack dispensary (joking… sort of.)

Hal and Al’s is about the only business worth a shit on that whole street. I wish you the best of luck finding quality tenants and trying to improve that “up and coming neighborhood”. :)

Jared
    Jared
    Participant

When I lived in the Schumaker area the places that I frequented the most on Parsons were the Ace Hardware, Planks, IGA, Library and Schottensteins which has since closed. Had the Subway been around I would have gone often. I think it depends where on Parsons you intend to buy. The block closest to Livingston could draw traffic from the Hospital development and employees. Also, if you intend to draw pedestrian traffic think about what side the street may work best for you.

The closest coffee is on Third at ‘bucks or Mojoe so a coffee shop near Liv & Parsons would probably draw from the Schumaker area and the Hospital. Could be a winner.

cmhcow
    Participant

urbanrunner wrote >>
    I think it depends where on Parsons you intend to buy.

The property I am considering is north of, but not too far from, Whittier. I would hope that whatever tenants I attract would appeal to people both east and west of Parsons. So if anyone knows someone… :)

Chris Sunami
    Chris Sunami
    Participant

That’s very close to where my church is located. It might be worth your time one day to stop in and talk to one of our church and community workers –they are in very close contact with the neighborhood. http://4allpeople.org for contact info.

I would also definitely talk to the guys at Ganther’s Place and see what they think the neighborhood could use. I don’t have any contact info for them but they aren’t hard to get in touch with. They’ve done miracles with that little area south and east of the whittier/parsons corner.

coolbuckeye
    Participant

A convenience store and deli that does catering and delivery to downtown offices? Just an idea.

groundrules
    Participant

Kirk wrote >>

Hal and Al’s is about the only business worth a shit on that whole street.

ain’t even my ‘hood and I can call bullshit on that one.

groundrules wrote >>

Kirk wrote >>
    Hal and Al’s is about the only business worth a shit on that whole street.

ain’t even my ‘hood and I can call bullshit on that one.

beam me up scotty!

There’s lots of shops on Parsons I like actually. There’s a little convenience type store called Bushmans I like a lot, as stated before I like the liquor store there, and Planks is an institution in Columbus.

coolbuckeye
    Participant

You know what would really help would be an anchor of some sort that adds street frontage for increased workability. I think that community is lacking a pharmacy.

carabar (my favorite bar/live music venue in all of the city) and chop chop gallery are wonderful parsons businesses.

coolbuckeye wrote >>
    You know what would really help would be an anchor of some sort that adds street frontage for increased workability. I think that community is lacking a pharmacy.

Did Kessel close his pharmacy at Whittier and Parsons? It had been there like 50 years.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

coolbuckeye wrote >>

FWIW, there is a new CVS about to open at the corner of Livingston & Parsons, which is replacing the old one that was across the street in the old Kroger Plaza.

Walker wrote >>

coolbuckeye wrote >>

FWIW, there is a new CVS about to open at the corner of Livingston & Parsons, which is replacing the old one that was across the street in the old Kroger Plaza.

Plus there’s another one down at Parsons & Frebis.

coolbuckeye
    Participant

@ core – Yah, I’m pretty sure Kessel is gone. And thanks for the update on the CVS on Livingston and Parsons Walker. I think there is a lot of people in that area who need a pharmacy that they can walk to.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 74 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: