Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Parking Tickets

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Parking Tickets

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 152 total)
  • Author
    Bonnie Dodds
    Bonnie Dodds
    Participant

Tigertree wrote blocking one of those ramps that hits midway down the block on a residential street

crap, i didn’t know that… that is the most insane thing i’ve ever heard of. maybe i should start some underground mission to spraypaint handicapped symbols on them all through the city… the handicapped angel of mercy.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

bah, everyone should spend a night in jail on a trumped up charge at least once in their lives…builds character.

Ndcent

Coremodels wrote bah, everyone should spend a night in jail on a trumped up charge at least once in their lives…builds character.

Pretty bracelets too!

Schoolboy
    Participant

Ndcent wrote

Coremodels wrote bah, everyone should spend a night in jail on a trumped up charge at least once in their lives…builds character.

Pretty bracelets too!

teaches ya to always where a plain white t, white tube socks, and boxers under your clothes at all times… just incase.

swan
    Participant

haha troof. i sure have… 3 actually because it was a holiday weekend.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

Schoolboy wrote

Ndcent wrote

Pretty bracelets too!

teaches ya to always where a plain white t, white tube socks, and boxers under your clothes at all times… just incase.

or if you’re really worried, wear 3 of each :lol:

captain janks
    Participant

hell, more than half of the people IN jail are there on trumped up charges.

5 years mandatory for possession of one crack rock (a felony). whereas if you have powder cocaine, the penalty is much less.

institutionalized racism at its best right there.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

captain janks wrote

hell, more than half of the people IN jail are there on trumped up charges.

5 years mandatory for possession of one crack rock (a felony). whereas if you have powder cocaine, the penalty is much less.

institutionalized racism at its best right there.

LOL…you’re preaching to the choir on this one jankster, I’ve been sending money to FAMM for going on 20 years and even started a whole thread on mandatory minimums a while back.

p.s. Mandatory minimum for 5 grams crack=5 years

Mandatory minimum for 500 grams powder=5 years.

Ndcent

I don’t think cocaine and crack should carry equal penalties.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

Ndcent wrote I don’t think cocaine and crack should carry equal penalties.

Even if that’s the case Nd, I can’t imagine you think a quarter ounce of crack should carry the same penalty as half a kilo of powder.

p.s. half a kilo of powder makes a helluva lot of crack, btw

Ndcent

Coremodels wrote

Ndcent wrote I don’t think cocaine and crack should carry equal penalties.

Even if that’s the case Nd, I can’t imagine you think a quarter ounce of crack should carry the same penalty as half a kilo of powder.

p.s. half a kilo of powder makes a helluva lot of crack, btw

Oh they’re definately way out of balance, but I think crack should carry a slightly stiffer penalty.

Schoolboy
    Participant

i agree

same amount of crack > same amount of cocaine

but more on the scale of 1g = 5g with a cap of 20g = 100g

after that we’re talking BUSTED!

greenhouse1014
    Participant

If you really break it down to the actual QUANTITY of cocaine in crack, it becomes even more skewed. The whole crack penalty is one of teh more racist policies I’ve ever seen. Powder cocaine is a lot harder to come by in the black community (I know I’m risking getting hammered by saying that. Let’s call this the black folks in my neighborhood and those I know) because it’s pretty expensive. But you can get a rock for $5 and spend the same amount of time in jail as a major felony. It takes a lot more powder, which is easier to get in teh white community (see above), to get the same penalty. This is a let’s put black folks in jail law.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

greenhouse1014 wrote If you really break it down to the actual QUANTITY of cocaine in crack, it becomes even more skewed. The whole crack penalty is one of teh more racist policies I’ve ever seen. Powder cocaine is a lot harder to come by in the black community (I know I’m risking getting hammered by saying that. Let’s call this the black folks in my neighborhood and those I know) because it’s pretty expensive. But you can get a rock for $5 and spend the same amount of time in jail as a major felony. It takes a lot more powder, which is easier to get in teh white community (see above), to get the same penalty. This is a let’s put black folks in jail law.

I would say it’s even more of a “let put poor folks in jail” law.

ChrisD28

Coremodels wrote

greenhouse1014 wrote If you really break it down to the actual QUANTITY of cocaine in crack, it becomes even more skewed. The whole crack penalty is one of teh more racist policies I’ve ever seen. Powder cocaine is a lot harder to come by in the black community (I know I’m risking getting hammered by saying that. Let’s call this the black folks in my neighborhood and those I know) because it’s pretty expensive. But you can get a rock for $5 and spend the same amount of time in jail as a major felony. It takes a lot more powder, which is easier to get in teh white community (see above), to get the same penalty. This is a let’s put black folks in jail law.

I would say it’s even more of a “let put poor folks in jail” law.

+1 on both quotes above. I believe that this is definitely a “put the poor folks in jail” law. However, I think that it has negatively affected an overwhelmingly disproportionate amount of black folks. I think it is one of the most disgraceful laws on the books.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 152 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The Columbus Coffee Festival Returns!

The 6th Annual Columbus Coffee Festival returns on Saturday September 25th and Sunday September 26th!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFORMATION