Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Parking Tickets

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Parking Tickets

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 152 total)
  • Author

HeySquare
    Participant

Walker wrote

HeySquare wrote I would really like to see metered parking eliminated on weekends downtown. That fact alone would instantly encourage redevelopment.

+1.

I think it could be a boon to the handful of neighborhood businesses who are open downtown on weekends. There’s no reason you should be popping quarters in meters to go to Zettler Hardware on a Saturday.

Who do we need to lobby at City Council to look into this? :D

I think that would be under development and Maryellen O’Shaughnessy.

Bonnie Dodds
    Bonnie Dodds
    Participant

Speaking of parking tickets…

Did anyone watch Parking Wars last night? I found it HIGHLY entertaining.

And cue a comment from Core…………………..

NOW!

:wink:

greenhouse1014
    Participant

enzo wrote What do you do if you seriously have no money and are on the verge of being broke, then lose your job? It just seems like there is a better way to manage such infractions.

Try go to court and ask for a continuance ( I know I can’t spell)…

greenhouse1014
    Participant

about parking tickets…does anyone else hate the short north parking meter guy? He just seems to take such glee in issuing tickets.

captain janks
    Participant

yeah, to be a meter maid you cant just be a regular dick. you have to be a tried and true dyed in the wool dick.

Tigertree

Anyone else who has lived in LA knows how confusing the parking signs can be there. I got one ticket the entire time I lived there. This guy has written me 8 tickets and towed me once in the 9 months we’ve been open. Most of the tickets are for things I have never heard of like “parked within 5 feet of a commercial driveway” or blocking one of those ramps that hits midway down the block on a residential street, or wheels turned the wrong way. All of that crap no one ever actually gets cited for.

enzo
    Participant

I noticed those signs for wheel turning toward the curb while I was in SF and was wondering what must have happened prior to them making those signs?? Did cars actually roll away?

KSquared

Just went ahead and paid that ticket that has been stuck in my visor for two weeks…..

greenhouse1014 wrote about parking tickets…does anyone else hate the short north parking meter guy? He just seems to take such glee in issuing tickets.

Living in a permit only section, we really like him! Plus he’s actually warned me on a few occasions saving me a couple tickets.

enzo
    Participant

I just read an article about all the tires everyone tries to recycle—I am thinking no more cars=no more parking tickets. They would probably crack down on J-walking :shock:

enzo
    Participant

I just read an article about all the tires everyone tries to recycle and how they can’t keep up because people continue to buy cars—I am thinking no more cars=no more parking tickets. They would probably crack down on J-walking :shock: or find some other way to bilk people out of money.

dKilla

enzo wrote I noticed those signs for wheel turning toward the curb while I was in SF and was wondering what must have happened prior to them making those signs?? Did cars actually roll away?

Yup….Either that or into the next car downhill.

Tigertree

I forgot to set my parking break at one of the antique malls in Springfield. Luckily it was a slow day (for me and the mall, I figured I would get that one in before anyone else) so there were only a handful of other cars in the parking lot. I came holding a giant chair, so I was walking a little blind. I got to where my car was, only it wasn’t. I put my chair down and I noticed my car had rolled to that back corner of the lot.

Cyclist

What’s a parking ticket? What’s a license? uhhhh?

One of the greatest and often un-spoken parts of cycling is that there is no beuracratic control over you mobility. And I always get to park at the door.

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant

Tigertree wrote I forgot to set my parking break at one of the antique malls in Springfield. Luckily it was a slow day (for me and the mall, I figured I would get that one in before anyone else) so there were only a handful of other cars in the parking lot. I came holding a giant chair, so I was walking a little blind. I got to where my car was, only it wasn’t. I put my chair down and I noticed my car had rolled to that back corner of the lot.

As long as your car was ok, that’s pretty funny.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 152 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: