Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Parking Tickets

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Parking Tickets

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 152 total)
  • Author

joev
    Participant

enzo wrote Yeah, I see that no one agrees. I must be on another planet. I just feel sad that she cannot be home for her children for who knows how long. Just seems like too serious of a punishment. Jail for parking tickets does not match up in my mind.

Not to pile on or beat a dead horse, but it’s not jail for parking tickets. It’s for driving with a suspended license.

enzo
    Participant

Mercurius wrote For her to go to jail I will almost guarantee there was a bench warrant out for her. Judges usually are very accommodating to work, unless you have a warrant. Yes, you can get a bench warrant from unpaid parking tickets. Therefore, the offense was not unpaid parking tickets, but rather not showing up to court I would imagine.

That makes sense in my mind/on my planet. I just wish there were a more holistic approach to these things….maybe she is depressed, totally broke, could not miss work to go to court, who knows. I just prefer shades of gray rather than RIGID right/wrong.

Ndcent

enzo wrote Yeah, I see that no one agrees. I must be on another planet. I just feel sad that she cannot be home for her children for who knows how long.

Think on the bright side, maybe she’ll get some badass clink ink.

captain janks
    Participant

MikeReed wrote Plus, what was she pulled over for? Police have to have probable cause to even run your plates, right?

LOL no they dont need probable cause.

Americans have no reasonable expectation of privacy in their license-plate numbers, and therefore police need no probable cause to conduct computer checks.

according to the sixth circuit court

” a motorist has no reasonable expectation of privacy in the information contained on his license plate under the Fourth Amendment…The very purpose of a license plate number, like that of a Vehicle Identification Number, is to provide identifying information to law enforcement officials and others.”

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant

Ndcent wrote

enzo wrote Yeah, I see that no one agrees. I must be on another planet. I just feel sad that she cannot be home for her children for who knows how long.

Think on the bright side, maybe she’ll get some badass clink ink.

All I can think of is the scene in Cape Fear with DeNiro doing pull ups in his cell covered with all those tattoos.

Funny visual.

Sorry.

captain janks
    Participant

enzo
    Participant

:cry:

Ndcent

captain janks wrote

LOL!!!

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant

I was thinking more like this…

Photobucket

CDS sherman

i havnt read the entire thread and maybe someone said this already but i dont believe they can suspend your license for parking tickets. they do suspend your registration privileges with the BMV for having unpaid parking tickets. parking tickets are not moving violations. just like they can not pull you over for not wearing a seat belt, they can give you a ticket after you have been pulled over for a moving violation, ive been through this personally. if im wrong than slap me.

CDS sherman

ohh and she was jailed for driving under a suspended license then she either cussed out the cop or has been caught many times prior for driving with no ops. when i was 18 and 19 i was stoped twice with suspended ops and was never taken to jail. they lock up repeat offenders and if thats the case than no sympathy here im sorry.

enzo
    Participant

Whatever. Honestly, I would not care so much if it weren’t for the fact that she has to be away from her children. That seriously breaks my heart. Gee single mom, the new poverty of america, let us keep you from your job and your children, and if there is a custody battle in the works, well kiss your chances goodbye. Families struggle enough as it is, stuff like this is not doing anything to make the world a better place.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

Guarantee she had a capias warrant for something, other than unpaid parking tickets. Probably blew off a court date for a previous driving under suspension.

No offense enzo, but I’m glad you’re not a judge. :wink:

enzo
    Participant

Yeah,—too optimistic….. I do background checks on some of our employees, and I try to argue on thier behalf that they deserve a chance to work and that hopefully they have learned from their past mistakes and need a second chance to get things going. I would be a terrible judge, because I would severely punish people who harmed children-I would have them tossed into the middle of the ocean to think about what they did.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 152 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: