Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Parking Tickets

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Parking Tickets

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 152 total)
  • Author

Ndcent

enzo wrote

Ndcent wrote Enzo, stop trolling.

What does that mean? Why are you so mean to me?

It means I view your first post as deliberately inflamatory in order to provoke vehement response from other board members.

I’m not mean to you, I’m rigid.

enzo wrote I think two days of picking up trash or cleaning the jail would be a better solution. So, now she will get fired from her job and then slip even further down the rungs.

So two days of missing work or 2 days of additional babysitting is affordable but not the original parking tickets she’s guilty of not paying in the first place? I agree with everyone else, take some responsibility.

enzo
    Participant

swan wrote polite version per wiki: An Internet troll, or simply troll in Internet slang, is someone who posts controversial messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, with the intention of baiting other users into an emotional response.

Is this controversial? I thought everyone would agree with me.

HighLife
    Participant

I usually have sympathy for this type of thing, because I understand how it can become a vicious cycle. However, I live on a permit-only street and it absolutely infuriates me when I come home with heavy groceries or laundry and I can’t park anywhere near my house due to illegally parked cars. There is no good reason to park directly underneath a sign that says “No Parking” when there is free parking available one block over. I wish the city would ticket on my street more often.

MikeReed
    Participant

Aren’t parking tickets about $20? (that would be less than parking in Chicago for a day…)

enzo
    Participant

Tickets are great, necessary, and I encourage the same, I just feel sad for kids in situations like this and think that if she had to clean up trash or something where she could still mother her children would be better.

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant

You should look her up on http://www.fcmcclerk.com to see just how irresponsible she was. That would show all her traffic offenses in Franklin County.

joev
    Participant

enzo wrote

swan wrote polite version per wiki: An Internet troll, or simply troll in Internet slang, is someone who posts controversial messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, with the intention of baiting other users into an emotional response.

Is this controversial? I thought everyone would agree with me.

It’s not controversial, but no one agrees with you.

MikeReed
    Participant

Plus, what was she pulled over for? Police have to have probable cause to even run your plates, right?

MikeReed wrote Aren’t parking tickets about $20? (that would be less than parking in Chicago for a day…)

Parking in Permit Only areas w/o a permit is $40.

MikeReed
    Participant

Oh- your’re right. I parked on Spring once at 4:30 and a cop wrote me a ticket. He was pretty apologetic since I was in slide services for like 5 minutes and said he would have let me go had he not started writing it.

Forgot about that. I paid it.

Mercurius
    Participant

For her to go to jail I will almost guarantee there was a bench warrant out for her. Judges usually are very accommodating to work, unless you have a warrant. Yes, you can get a bench warrant from unpaid parking tickets. Therefore, the offense was not unpaid parking tickets, but rather not showing up to court I would imagine.

captain janks
    Participant

HighLife wrote There is no good reason to park directly underneath a sign that says “No Parking” when there is free parking available one block over. I wish the city would ticket on my street more often.

i think they park there because they dont want to walk a block.

enzo
    Participant

Yeah, I see that no one agrees. I must be on another planet. I just feel sad that she cannot be home for her children for who knows how long. Just seems like too serious of a punishment. Jail for parking tickets does not match up in my mind.

MikeReed
    Participant

Welp. She should have paid those tickets.

That said, there is a large number of people living paycheck to paycheck in our ‘society of plenty’- some are single parents. A setback like this can really mess up the delicate balance they have keeping their family together.

Nothing funny about that.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 152 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE