Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Parking Meters Out

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Parking Meters Out

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 177 total)
  • Author

Elizabeth Lessner
    Participant

I think the Director might be aware of how I feel about him given I called for his resignation in the newspaper. I personally met with each member of City Council in the hopes they might work to regain oversight of his department and help our downtown.

The Department is broken, it’s no secret. Through my volunteer work with SNBA, the Central Ohio Restaurant Assn and several other neighborhood/community organizations, I’ve worked hard for many years to work with the city and fix the problems to little avail. As an invested business owner devoted to downtown, I can assure you that there are other things I’d rather be doing than hanging out in meetings at 109 Front Street in all my spare time.

So, new poster, do you work for the department? ; )

KSquared

Obvious poster is obvious.

People are making up bad experiences wtih meter enforcement because they are bored and just want something to complain about, right?

Jim Lauwers
    Participant

Static-X wrote >>
    I want to let everyone in on a little common sense, since some of you have zero of it. If it weren’t for the ticket writers enforcing parking violations, the city would be in gridlock. People would be double and triple parking, parking in intersections, parking in crosswalks and sidewalks.

1. Did you crib that lazy slippery slope tactic from the “why religion is necessary for ethical behavior” playbook?
    2. Does Static-X know that you’re using their name to lick boots online?

Paul
    Participant

[img]http://hangout.altsounds.com/geek/gars/images/2/7/staticx.jpg[/img]

I would like to hear more of their thoughts on how writing tickets for cars parked at malfunctioning meters prevents people from, “double and triple parking, parking in intersections, parking in crosswalks and sidewalks.”

Every time I read one of these ridiculous shill posts I honestly wonder, “Is this person an adult? Did an adult really write this? An educated person? Are they serious?”

drew
    Participant

Paul wrote >>
    [img]http://hangout.altsounds.com/geek/gars/images/2/7/staticx.jpg[/img]
    Every time I read one of these ridiculous shill posts I honestly wonder, “Is this person an adult? Did an adult really write this? An educated person? Are they serious?”

[i]Exactly[/i].

And then I wonder if the person might actually be employed by Coleman in some capacity, either appointed by him directly or hired by someone he appointed.

Jim Lauwers
    Participant

Paul have I told you I miss you lately? That is the exact picture I was going to post in this thread, but I figured people would accuse me of photoshopping it.

StowCbusCleveland
    Participant

Looks like I’m late to the party, but count me among those who had a non-working new meter experience. Tried to use my card at a meter on Goodale, it would give me 20 minutes and no more. Had to find a business that could make change for me so I could pay the old-fashioned way.

misskitty
    Participant

[quote] So they are not writing tickets with minutes still on the meters. Nor are they hiding behind lamp posts, walls, other cars and etc., waiting for your meter to expire to give you a ticket. They are simply writing tickets when the meter is zero’ed out. [/quote]

I’m on Gay st. and I have seen officer dick of the bicycle parking army hiding in wait a lot of times. In addition he constantly tickets contractors, food delivery trucks that have to drop their stuff somewhere.

gk

KSquared wrote >>
    People are making up bad experiences wtih meter enforcement because they are bored and just want something to complain about, right?

No. People don’t like getting tickets, period – whether it is for speeding, j-walking, expired parking meters, making illegal turns, etc.

KSquared

gk wrote >>

KSquared wrote >>

No. People don’t like getting tickets, period – whether it is for speeding, j-walking, expired parking meters, making illegal turns, etc.

Obviously the sarcasm was lost. Of course people don’t like getting tickets, but people REALLY don’t like getting tickets when they have not committed an infraction. I was referring to the poster stating that people should take responsibility and refuting the notion that anyone had actually received a ticket when time was left on the meter.

“They are simply writing tickets when the meter is zero’ed out. TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR ACTIONS AND STOP BLAMING OTHERS”

So are you also saying that this hasn’t happened?

cyclist II
    Participant

Can we talk about Static-X some more please. They have a Japanese guitar player, that’s hip.

Static-X

Paul, First I want to thank you for posting that pic of Wayne (It looks like my picture that was published for Guitar Mag). I didn’t have enough time to dig through my portfolios of Static-X. Secondly, how was my post “shill”? I’m not promoting anything nor am I a spokesperson for anyone. I’m just stating facts and the truth. If I’m shill for telling the truth and or the facts, then I’m guilty of all charges. You also asked if I was an educated adult. I know what shill means, unlike yourself. I don’t believe I said anything about tickets being written at malfunctioning parking meters would prevent double parking, triple parking and etc. You need to re-read the post. The point I was making, Paul the Educated, is that in general, irresponsible people hate ticket writers and the ticket writers are blamed for writing bad tickets on any and all parking infractions they issue. So if you were to take ticket writers out of the equation all together, your thriving city would be gridlocked. After reading these absurd posts, I bet most of you would say to eliminate Parking Vioaltions. One last thing. None of you have to park at a meter. You can park in a garage or a lot, your choice. Ain’t convenience a bitch!

Bear
    Participant

That’s right, wounded capybara, head for the Amazon. Nice and safe there.

Static-X

FYI Walker, If you’re saying that the Parking Violations Bureau is responsible for broken/downed meters, you are absolutely incorrect. There is a division in the city of Columbus called Meter Repair that is located off of 17th ave. They are responsible for broken/downed meters. Next time, before you place blame on the P.V.B. again, do your homework. Your out of your league when it comes to this.

Walker wrote >>

Snarf wrote >>
    Way to go, City of Columbus!

The whole “City” isn’t responsible for parking meters. It’s the Department of Public Service – Parking Violations Bureau:
    http://publicservice.columbus.gov/parking/

Elizabeth Lessner
    Participant

Static-X wrote >>
    FYI Walker, If you’re saying that the Parking Violations Bureau is responsible for broken/downed meters, you are absolutely incorrect. There is a division in the city of Columbus called Meter Repair that is located off of 17th ave. They are responsible for broken/downed meters. Next time, before you place blame on the P.V.B. again, do your homework. Your out of your league when it comes to this.

Walker wrote >>

Snarf wrote >>
    Way to go, City of Columbus!

The whole “City” isn’t responsible for parking meters. It’s the Department of Public Service – Parking Violations Bureau:
    http://publicservice.columbus.gov/parking/

You must work for the department. I swear you sound just as reasonable, intelligent, informed and logical as everyone I’ve ever spoken to there. You are in denial about the same issues even…Director Kelsey, is this you? I’m delighted the department has decided to speak up on this issue… at last!

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 177 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.