Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Parking Meters Out

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Parking Meters Out

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 177 total)
  • Author
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Static-X wrote >>
    FYI Walker, If you’re saying that the Parking Violations Bureau is responsible for broken/downed meters, you are absolutely incorrect.

I was referring to meters in general, and not specifically broken meters, but thanks for the clarification.

Let’s keep personal insults out of the conversation here though and try to keep this civil and productive. There’s no need for anyone to be insulting anyone else.

Jim Lauwers
    Participant

Static-X wrote >>
    Paul, First I want to thank you for posting that pic of Wayne (It looks like my picture that was published for Guitar Mag)

are you a musician!?

can I have your autograph???

Static-X

Lizzy, You’re kidding, right? You want to talk reasonable? How about selling .50 cent crap dogs for $3. As far as intelligent, informed and logical on this situation, it’s common sense. You dial 645-3111 (mayor’s action hot line), your call is taken and it is then transferred to meter repair. I think what’s so funny, is the fact that you said, in a previous posting, that you go to these parking meter meetings all the time, and you still know nothing. I’m just waiting for you to break out your guitar and start singing, “I am woman hear me roar…”

lizless wrote >>

Static-X wrote >>
    FYI Walker, If you’re saying that the Parking Violations Bureau is responsible for broken/downed meters, you are absolutely incorrect. There is a division in the city of Columbus called Meter Repair that is located off of 17th ave. They are responsible for broken/downed meters. Next time, before you place blame on the P.V.B. again, do your homework. Your out of your league when it comes to this.

Walker wrote >>

Snarf wrote >>
    Way to go, City of Columbus!

The whole “City” isn’t responsible for parking meters. It’s the Department of Public Service – Parking Violations Bureau:
    http://publicservice.columbus.gov/parking/

You must work for the department. I swear you sound just as reasonable, intelligent, informed and logical as everyone I’ve ever spoken to there. You are in denial about the same issues even…Director Kelsey, is this you? I’m delighted the department has decided to speak up on this issue… at last! Thanks so much!

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

Static-X wrote >> Your out of your league when it comes to this.

/

Definitely a city employee, lol.

What about his out of league?

Jim Lauwers
    Participant

Static-X wrote >>
    I’m just waiting for you to break out your guitar and start singing, “I am woman hear me roar…”

lol women am I right fellas

Jim Lauwers
    Participant

hey liz lessner how about you get your pretty little head back into a kitchen and let the men deal with this political issue ok sweetheart?

Jim Lauwers
    Participant

also if anyone has a problem with the meters just call 311 and shut up, let the city deal with it they know what they’re doing better than the unwashed hoi polloi

sheesh I mean why wouldn’t you trust the unelected department members to police their own work?

Jim Lauwers
    Participant

the only way this thread could get funnier is if someone named Atari Teenage Riot showed up and started arguing for the city to become a literal fascist state

Static-X

Where was the personal insult? Telling you to do your homework before placing blame? I thought you were talking about broken meters being the responsibility of the PVB, since the 50 posts before yours were talking about malfunctioning meters.

Walker wrote >>

Static-X wrote >>
    FYI Walker, If you’re saying that the Parking Violations Bureau is responsible for broken/downed meters, you are absolutely incorrect.

I was referring to meters in general, and not specifically broken meters, but thanks for the clarification.
    Let’s keep personal insults out of the conversation here though and try to keep this civil and productive. There’s no need for anyone to be insulting anyone else.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

All I’m asking is for everyone to keep this conversation civil.

Thanks for understanding.

Elizabeth Lessner
    Participant

Static-X wrote >>
    Lizzy, You’re kidding, right? You want to talk reasonable? How about selling .50 cent crap dogs for $3. As far as intelligent, informed and logical on this situation, it’s common sense. You dial 645-3111 (mayor’s action hot line), your call is taken and it is then transferred to meter repair. I think what’s so funny, is the fact that you said, in a previous posting, that you go to these parking meter meetings all the time, and you still know nothing. I’m just waiting for you to break out your guitar and start singing, “I am woman hear me roar…”

lizless wrote >>

Static-X wrote >>
    FYI Walker, If you’re saying that the Parking Violations Bureau is responsible for broken/downed meters, you are absolutely incorrect. There is a division in the city of Columbus called Meter Repair that is located off of 17th ave. They are responsible for broken/downed meters. Next time, before you place blame on the P.V.B. again, do your homework. Your out of your league when it comes to this.

Walker wrote >>

Snarf wrote >>
    Way to go, City of Columbus!

The whole “City” isn’t responsible for parking meters. It’s the Department of Public Service – Parking Violations Bureau:
    http://publicservice.columbus.gov/parking/

You must work for the department. I swear you sound just as reasonable, intelligent, informed and logical as everyone I’ve ever spoken to there. You are in denial about the same issues even…Director Kelsey, is this you? I’m delighted the department has decided to speak up on this issue… at last! Thanks so much!

I’m not kidding at all. Your replies mirror the exact responses I’ve received from the department. It’s uncanny and impressive.

I’d be happy to talk to you about food cost in another thread or privately. Food cost involves a number of variables but it is based on a set formula I’d be happy to share with you. I’m a total nerd for restaurant metrics.

“Your out of your league when it comes to this.”

Does Director Kelsey also misspell “you’re” as “your”? That might be another clue!

xxo,
    The Grammar Police

Tenzo
    Participant

I have to say, these new meters are going up at an amazing rate. I never see them being installed but I see 100’s of new ones every day.
    It’s a shame that there seems to be a flaw in all the new meters going up. Putting in all new meters does not seem to make sense anyway.

It’s not like the new meters are nice. To me they are a fricken eye sore. Before the meters blended in with the streets so you didn’t really see them. Now the meters are like someone put shiny tin foil on each one. I think Columbus should have done what cities do by putting in placing a common box on every block. Less eyesore, more natural and and less parts that can break and not work right. Plus if one breaks, you use another.

(Sorry for the interruption, feel free to go back to the sniping)

drew
    Participant

Static-X wrote >>
    The point I was making, Paul the Educated, is that in general, irresponsible people hate ticket writers and the ticket writers are blamed for writing bad tickets on any and all parking infractions they issue. So if you were to take ticket writers out of the equation all together, your thriving city would be gridlocked. After reading these absurd posts, I bet most of you would say to eliminate Parking Vioaltions.

What a bunch of paranoid absurdity! We’re talking about instances where the ticket writers aren’t playing by the rules that the Parking Violations established, and you’re responding by saying that ticket writers are never wrong and that we clearly therefore want the PVB abolished?

Seriously? This is so far from logical that it’s comical. You were right to refer to Paul as ‘Paul the Educated’ – you really need to learn from someone, and you could do much worse than to sit at his feet for a while.

Roland
    Participant

Tenzo wrote >>
    I have to say, these new meters are going up at an amazing rate. I never see them being installed but I see 100’s of new ones every day.
    It’s a shame that there seems to be a flaw in all the new meters going up. Putting in all new meters does not seem to make sense anyway.
    It’s not like the new meters are nice. To me they are a fricken eye sore. Before the meters blended in with the streets so you didn’t really see them. Now the meters are like someone put shiny tin foil on each one. I think Columbus should have done what cities do by putting in placing a common box on every block. Less eyesore, more natural and and less parts that can break and not work right. Plus if one breaks, you use another.
    (Sorry for the interruption, feel free to go back to the sniping)

I completely agree. I was surprised that Columbus went with this option.

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 177 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: