Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

The Lane - Mixed-Use Development - News & Updates

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion The Lane – Mixed-Use Development – News & Updates

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 214 total)
  • Author

Apparently common sense and comprehension are mutually exclusive.

Walker … I apologize. In your picture, you look like Andrew Miller.

The comments about doing homework and reporting facts still apply, however.

Rockmastermike
    Participant

Common Sense Citizen wrote >>
    The comments about doing homework and reporting facts still apply, however.

who ever said walker is a reporter? he was posting opinion, same as the rest of us. The first post was bringing the article (from ‘this week’) here to spur discussion. No need to attack him for that. It’s killing the messenger.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

I don’t live in Upper Arlington, therefore I have no dog in this fight, therefore I’m not doing any homework on the rules and regulations surrounding this issue.

My casual non-reporter opinion is that this is a small issue that can be fixed, most likely pretty easily. Any ideas being thrown around to make this precinct dry are ridiculous. Something something baby, something something bathwater.

lifeliberty
    Participant

I can’t be the only one to now want to see pics of Andrew Miller, i couldn’t care less about what upper arlington does. I need to see this comparison!

Mercurius
    Participant

lifeliberty wrote >>
    I can’t be the only one to now want to see pics of Andrew Miller, i couldn’t care less about what upper arlington does. I need to see this comparison!

From a Google image search, there is a striking resemblance to Walker.

Twixlen
    Participant

groundrules
    Participant

Common Sense Citizen still gettin’ the hang of the internet.

We’re here to help, but I suggest you take it slow. The learning curve is steep.

Andrew Hall

None of that changes the basic problem : The residents are threatening to drastically impale a whole set of businesses (some of whom are longstanding and even across Lane Ave) just to solve a particular isolated problem. I get that the residents fundamentally have an issue with the development process around Lane Ave, but they should go after the real problem.

A.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Mercurius wrote >>

lifeliberty wrote >>

Not really seeing it…

Resume

Though you know what they say… all white people look alike.

mazzyD

Walker wrote >>

Mercurius wrote >>

lifeliberty wrote >>

Not really seeing it…
    http://andrew-miller.com/blog/resume/
    Though you know what they say… all white people look alike.

https://www.columbusunderground.com/forums/profile/chivespa1
    Looks like he hasn’t posted in a year…

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

They are both white and have teeth, I see the similarity.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

mazzyD wrote >>
    Looks like he hasn’t posted in a year…

That’s because expressing personal opinions via blog, messageboard or social media is the antithesis of journalistic integrity.

Pablo
    Participant

Does this Andrew Miller also have yellow paint splattered across his face?

Back on topic: Why doesn’t the city create permit parking areas similar to what Columbus and Grandview have? UA could designate a certain distance back from Lane Ave. as public parking and install meters. Beyond that you would need a permit. How about meters on the north side of Lane Ave. with restricted hours?

There was talk before Lane Ave. Shopping Center was renovated to build a garage behind the center to serve the area (2 levels with the lower level sunk a bit to lessen the impact on adjacent housing). I seem to remember a lot of neighborhood opposition to that idea.

Fact.

The residents already have a “Parking by Permit Only” status on their streets. The city took the signs away 2 years ago claiming that they needed repair. The residents have requested that they be put back up because Wine Bistro patrons are literally racing through their residential streets and making U-turns in driveways looking for a parking spot in front of their homes. Would you want to live with kids on such a street?

This was not the situation when they moved in. Nine years ago, without notification other than 3 small ads in local papers with just parcel numbers (Do YOU read those itty bitty ads? Do YOU know YOUR parcel number?), the city rezoned their homes to be multi-use. The residents can not contest this, since the timeframe for reconsideration has expired.

The city officials and council don’t want to retain the “Parking by Permit Only” because it will upset the owner of the Wine Bistro.

Right now, the city is in violation of the law, the residents have repeatedly expressed their concern for the safety of their children, and the city has put up roadblock after roadblock on every turn.

What would YOU do?

The residents are impotent. No one is listening to them, no one cares. Their only recourse is to vote the Wine Bistro dry, but in order to do so, they need to vote the entire precinct dry.

Here’s an article from today’s ThisWeekUA talking about the vote on the parking status …
    http://www.thisweeknews.com/live/content/upperarlington/stories/2011/05/25/council-delays-parking-permit-vote.html?sid=104

No one cares until something happens to them. These folks have been raped by the powers that be. Just hope nothing like this happens to you.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 214 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE