Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

The Lane - Mixed-Use Development - News & Updates

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion The Lane – Mixed-Use Development – News & Updates

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 214 total)
  • Author

surber17
    Participant

The thing about that area is the businesses are already there. There is a ton of variety with some great hidden secrets. You just need some better design to un-hide them.

johnwirtz
    Participant

Looking at this in some more detail, and measuring on Google Maps, it looks like the ROW along Bethel is 120 feet wide, but the roadway is only 60 feet wide curb-to-curb. That’s a lot of curbside space that could be used for sidewalks, cycle tracks, and trees. Much of Henderson’s ROW is even wider (130 to 150 feet). Really excellent opportunities here.

News
    Participant

Approval Of Liquor Issue Clears Way For Entertainment District
    November 8, 2012
    by Steve Brown
    89.7 NPR News Morning Anchor

City leaders in Upper Arlington say they’re ready to proceed a planned entertainment district now that voters have approved expanded liquor sales.

READ MORE: http://wosu.org/2012/news/2012/11/08/approval-of-liquor-issue-clears-way-for-entertainment-district/

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

johnwirtz said:
    Looking at this in some more detail, and measuring on Google Maps, it looks like the ROW along Bethel is 120 feet wide, but the roadway is only 60 feet wide curb-to-curb. That’s a lot of curbside space that could be used for sidewalks, cycle tracks, and trees.

Sounds wide enough to add a crosstown Bethel-Morse Light Rail line. ;)

Rockmastermike
    Participant

Walker said:

it is wide enough. its easilly wide enough.

good luck getting that (or anything else) through the opposition between the river and high street.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Rockmastermike said:
    good luck getting that (or anything else) through the opposition between the river and high street.

Oh, I know. Seems like talk of a street bridge connector surfaces every 5 years or so, and it’s always quickly shot back down. ;)

johnwirtz
    Participant

Walker said:

BRT is probably more realistic, but I like the way you’re thinking.

Rockmastermike said:
    it is wide enough. its easilly wide enough.

I think Columbus voted on that years ago and it failed. Tunnel under the river and Rathbone? Probably not.

GCrites80s
    Participant

It wasn’t really that long ago that the development on Bethel was still like an archipelago.

Rockmastermike
    Participant

Walker said:
    Oh, I know. Seems like talk of a street bridge connector surfaces every 5 years or so, and it’s always quickly shot back down. ;)

yep. Since the 1980s at least. I figure it’s about due.

News
    Participant

Construction Crews Lay Foundation For New Upper Arlington Hotel
    Tuesday November 13, 2012 6:44 PM

UPPER ARLINGTON, Ohio – Construction crews started laying the concrete foundation for a new hotel along Lane Avenue in Upper Arlington. Work started before sunrise at the location, east of Northwest Boulevard.

READ MORE: http://www.10tv.com/content/stories/2012/11/13/upper-arlington-hotel.html

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

surber17
    Participant
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Yeah, I hadn’t been by in a month or so until last night… crazy!

tolemac5050
    Participant

The Lane Avenue church that was at this location is building new in Hilliard, Davidson/Britton Prkwy, near the Verizon building…and that build is moving quickly, also.

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 214 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: