Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

The Lane - Mixed-Use Development - News & Updates

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion The Lane – Mixed-Use Development – News & Updates

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 214 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #445969

    surber17
    Participant

    The thing about that area is the businesses are already there. There is a ton of variety with some great hidden secrets. You just need some better design to un-hide them.

    #445970

    johnwirtz
    Participant

    Looking at this in some more detail, and measuring on Google Maps, it looks like the ROW along Bethel is 120 feet wide, but the roadway is only 60 feet wide curb-to-curb. That’s a lot of curbside space that could be used for sidewalks, cycle tracks, and trees. Much of Henderson’s ROW is even wider (130 to 150 feet). Really excellent opportunities here.

    #445971

    News
    Participant

    Approval Of Liquor Issue Clears Way For Entertainment District
    November 8, 2012
    by Steve Brown
    89.7 NPR News Morning Anchor

    City leaders in Upper Arlington say they’re ready to proceed a planned entertainment district now that voters have approved expanded liquor sales.

    READ MORE: http://wosu.org/2012/news/2012/11/08/approval-of-liquor-issue-clears-way-for-entertainment-district/

    #445972
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

    johnwirtz said:
    Looking at this in some more detail, and measuring on Google Maps, it looks like the ROW along Bethel is 120 feet wide, but the roadway is only 60 feet wide curb-to-curb. That’s a lot of curbside space that could be used for sidewalks, cycle tracks, and trees.

    Sounds wide enough to add a crosstown Bethel-Morse Light Rail line. ;)

    #445973

    Rockmastermike
    Participant

    Walker said:
    Sounds wide enough to add a crosstown Bethel-Morse Light Rail line. ;)

    it is wide enough. its easilly wide enough.

    good luck getting that (or anything else) through the opposition between the river and high street.

    #445974
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

    Rockmastermike said:
    good luck getting that (or anything else) through the opposition between the river and high street.

    Oh, I know. Seems like talk of a street bridge connector surfaces every 5 years or so, and it’s always quickly shot back down. ;)

    #445975

    johnwirtz
    Participant

    Walker said:
    Sounds wide enough to add a crosstown Bethel-Morse Light Rail line. ;)

    BRT is probably more realistic, but I like the way you’re thinking.

    Rockmastermike said:
    it is wide enough. its easilly wide enough.

    good luck getting that (or anything else) through the opposition between the river and high street.

    I think Columbus voted on that years ago and it failed. Tunnel under the river and Rathbone? Probably not.

    #445976

    GCrites80s
    Participant

    It wasn’t really that long ago that the development on Bethel was still like an archipelago.

    #445977

    Rockmastermike
    Participant

    Walker said:
    Oh, I know. Seems like talk of a street bridge connector surfaces every 5 years or so, and it’s always quickly shot back down. ;)

    yep. Since the 1980s at least. I figure it’s about due.

    #445978

    News
    Participant

    Construction Crews Lay Foundation For New Upper Arlington Hotel
    Tuesday November 13, 2012 6:44 PM

    UPPER ARLINGTON, Ohio – Construction crews started laying the concrete foundation for a new hotel along Lane Avenue in Upper Arlington. Work started before sunrise at the location, east of Northwest Boulevard.

    READ MORE: http://www.10tv.com/content/stories/2012/11/13/upper-arlington-hotel.html

    #445979
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    #445980
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    #445981

    surber17
    Participant
    #445982
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

    Yeah, I hadn’t been by in a month or so until last night… crazy!

    #445983

    tolemac5050
    Participant

    The Lane Avenue church that was at this location is building new in Hilliard, Davidson/Britton Prkwy, near the Verizon building…and that build is moving quickly, also.

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 214 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: