Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

The Lane - Mixed-Use Development - News & Updates

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion The Lane – Mixed-Use Development – News & Updates

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 214 total)
  • Author
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

surber17 said:
    What a terrible idea. Imagine going to a nice restaurant and not being able to have a glass of wine. Dumb.

Imagine a nice restaurant closing and moving down the street into Columbus rather than being in UA so that they can continue to sell alcohol.

surber17
    Participant

Wouldn’t that also mean that all UA grocery stores couldn’t sell alcohol?

Graybeak
    Participant

columbusmike said:
    I can’t imagine it won’t pass. If UA residents really think people go to the Rusty Bucket or the Wine Bistro to get smashed, they have no clue.

Well, perhaps not smashed, but I imagine they would go to the Wine Bistro and expect to get wine.

GCrites80s
    Participant

They aren’t going to do that. The whole reason for these projects is to get UA more commercial revenue since it’s maxed out on residential.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

johnwirtz
    Participant

Up is better than out

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

johnwirtz said:
    Up is better than out

I don’t think Upper Arlington has an “out”. ;)

News
    Participant

Upper Arlington Liquor Issue Has Some Voters Undecided
    October 30, 2012
    by Mandie Trimble
    89.7 NPR News Reporter

Upper Arlington voters next week will decide what many believe could lead to the success or failure of the city’s new entertainment district along Lane Avenue. Voters will decide whether to allow alcohol sales in some parts of the district that are now “dry.” WOSU reports the issue has divided and confused Upper Arlington voters.

Lane Avenue in Upper Arlington has been a construction zone for more than a year. The Whole Foods store soon will open its major expansion. A hotel and apartments are going up. There are plans for even more restaurants and bars.

READ MORE: http://wosu.org/2012/news/2012/10/30/upper-arlington-liquor-issue-has-some-voters-undecided/

surber17
    Participant

So let me make sure I understand this. People on Lane who already have liquor are fine and nothing will change for them. This is only for 5 new places? Also, again, worst idea ever if this doesn’t get passed.

columbusmike
    Participant

I have to laugh at the comment that a luxury apartment and a luxury hotel are going to “lead to crime and a decline in the neighborhood”. Those briefcases are a perfect place to hide a weapon!

columbusmike
    Participant

surber17 said:
    So let me make sure I understand this. People on Lane who already have liquor are fine and nothing will change for them. This is only for 5 new places? Also, again, worst idea ever if this doesn’t get passed.

No, all existing liquor licences could be revoked. You’re right….worst idea ever if this doesn’t pass. If it doesn’t pass, the area CERTAINLY could decline with the exodus of restaurant business.

meltsintowonder
    Participant

My experience with liquor laws is that it’s very confusing, not well-defined at times and many really don’t know how to interpret it, including lawyers. You really need a liquor attorney with a strong connection with liquor control and the state to understand how this can impact the existing permit holders. For my business, we were looking at a Sunday option. We could have put our “ward” on the ballot, but if it didn’t pass, the existing businesses in the area with the Sunday option would lose it. We were told to do it individually to not impact the other businesses. I really don’t understand the outcome of this vote, but it sounds like it was treated pretty recklessly by the officials both sides aren’t on the same page on the outcome, which could be devastating to the businesses and the surrounding community. Just think about the long stretch of Clintonville without liquor licenses.

groundrules
    Participant

Now that Westerville has sold out to the heathens, don’t we need at least one suburb that is pure? Please, someone must think of the fuddyduddies.

meltsintowonder
    Participant

groundrules said:
    Now that Westerville has sold out to the heathens, don’t we need at least one suburb that is pure? Please, someone must think of the fuddyduddies.

Pleasantlydryville.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

columbusmike said:
    I have to laugh at the comment that a luxury apartment and a luxury hotel are going to “lead to crime and a decline in the neighborhood”. Those briefcases are a perfect place to hide a weapon!

Mo money mo problems.

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 214 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: