Our City Online

Messageboard - Transportation

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Parking in the Short North

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Transportation Parking in the Short North

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 101 total)
  • Author

Nancy H
    Participant

Don’t almost all of the individual houses in the Short North have Alleys with garages or parking?

No. I would guess less than a third have a garage. Garages were rare until the late 1980’s to early 1990’s. Many have off street parking access from the alley system. But, many lots were split and a house built facing the alley. So those homes are landlocked. And any number of big old houses were turned into 4 to 6 apartments, but only had off-the-alley space for 2 or 3 cars.

If anybody has access to the results of the Short North Parking Study, that should have specific numbers on homes with garages and off street parking.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

But I cannot tell you how many times I’ve suggested a SN place to meet friends only to be overruled in favor of somewhere with parking or heard horror stories from SN residents about parking trials and tribulations. A couple I know moved away from a SN house they loved due to parking frustration.

Welcome to living in a city.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

…Coleman administration…

This is why it’s hard to take you seriously. You drag Coleman into every single discussion, whether it’s relevant or not.

New movie opening this weekend? It sucks because of Coleman.

Restaurant closing down? It’s because of Coleman.

Don’t like my idea to build more parking lots in the Short North? It’s because you like Coleman!

Tone down your obsession with him a notch or two, and keep the politics in the appropriate discussions. It’s starting to get spammy.

80AM
    Participant

Walker kudos for highlighting the obnoxiousness raised in the above comment. My suspicions lead me to believe that Discouraged Democrat is a poorly veiled staffer working for the Sheriff’s campaign. The rhetoric has been increasingly vitriolic over the past few weeks regarding the city and its elected officials. Opinions are one thing, but mud slinging on topics that are not relevant to the feed are blatantly pathetic.

ohbr
    Participant

Walker kudos for highlighting the obnoxiousness raised in the above comment. My suspicions lead me to believe that Discouraged Democrat is a poorly veiled staffer working for the Sheriff’s campaign. The rhetoric has been increasingly vitriolic over the past few weeks regarding the city and its elected officials. Opinions are one thing, but mud slinging on topics that are not relevant to the feed are blatantly pathetic.

And as another poster pointed out (I think Nancy H), the poster throws it in to as many threads as he can, related or unrelated.

Liner Notes
    Liner Notes
    Participant

Here’s my problem with Short North parking. Nobody is effing using it.

garden district

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Here’s my problem with Short North parking. Nobody is effing using.

Yep. It’s a different case block-by-block and hour-by-hour.

The problem is that far too many people want to plan based entirely on Gallery Hop congestion and other worst-case-scenarios.

You know, for fifteen years now, Mayor Coleman has been front and center when anything good happens. He’s put his name on everything he can. He had claimed to be a 24-hour mayor with his pulse on everything that happens in City Hall and anyone there will tell you that nothing of any importance happens without his blessing.

Now that things have tuned sour, he says “Frankie did it, Mr. Hsieh did it, Mr. Raphael did it, the Public Safety Department did it, Dr. Li did it” – EVERYONES RESPONSIBLE BUT HIM. You just can’t have it both ways. And I’ve only made posting connections with the mayor with respect to city-related matters, and he has been “running the city,” as he called it in last week’s media interviews for a long time. With rights and praise come responsibility.

I do not approve of the wholesale leveling by Sensenbrenner, or Rinehart, or Lashutka for that matter.

I do not know the sheriff, and I work for no politician in any way. In fact, I’m still researching Scott’s past so that I can be better informed before I vote in November. After all, the race could end up being between him and someone other than Ginther.

You call it obnoxiousness, I say that sometimes the truth hurts. Nobody forces you or anyone else to read anything.

Nancy H
    Participant

In another thread I asked where the “delete post” button was located.

@Walker – surely you have one!

LAME reply. How about something substantive.

Nancy H
    Participant

If you are talking to me, I guess I could say the same.

Wait a minute, if I worked for Scott, wouldn’t it be a lot more efficient for me to focus on Ginther? Correct me if I’m wrong, but Coleman’s not running for anything.

Again, time will tell if I’m Chicken Little and I think you’ll be very unpleasantly surprised when the full scope of events becomes known.

Josh_W
    Josh_W
    Participant

This forum needs a referendum poll on banning Double-D.

Fortunately for all of us, American free speech doesn’t work that way. Unpopular views are respected in America, and sometimes history proves them to be right on target.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 101 total)

The forum ‘Transportation’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE