Our City Online

Messageboard - Shopping

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Pam's Market Popcorn at The North Market

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Shopping Pam's Market Popcorn at The North Market

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 49 total)
  • Author

bzarcher
    Participant

Visiting North Market today, Pam’s Market Popcorn had a sign up that due to a lease issue, she’s being forced to close at the end of August.

When I asked Pam about it, she said it was “something kinda stupid” and she doesn’t want to go. She has a mailing list sheet at her shop for customers to sign, and she’s asking people to write to the Market management if they want to see her stay.

I sent an email off tonight – Pam’s is exactly the kind of unique business the market should be encouraging!

anillo
    Participant

Who do we write to? Hope her luck turns around!

bzarcher
    Participant

I emailed David Wible, the market’s Exec. Director: [email protected]

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

There’s more to this story. I will share details when I have something official to provide.

meltsintowonder
    Participant

Based on previous events involving tenants of the North Market, I’d wait for Walker or North Market to provide some facts before taking action or campaigning.

Roland
    Participant

I pulling out my Jump to Conclusions Mat ™ right now.

somertimeoh
    Participant

Roland wrote >>
    I pulling out my Jump to Conclusions Mat ™ right now.

Lollers :)

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

A place that sells popcorn in trouble!? What is this world coming to?

berdawn

Snarf wrote >>
    A place that sells popcorn in trouble!? What is this world coming to?

and the Obama administration says the economy is recovering!!! If one can’t make a living selling flavored popcorn, there can’t be too many viable business models left.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Official Statement from the Market:

As you know, we have a community of more than 30 businesses and another 30+ growers/farmers. Each of those owners sign a lease commitment to operate their business here at North Market. It is important that all businesses meet or have a plan to meet their lease obligations. Only when a business cannot or will not meet their lease obligations are they subject to losing the privilege of operating here.

We appreciate the energy and enthusiasm Pam brings to the Market. We also think she has a great product. In order to have a business in North Market those qualities must translate into a viable operation.

Unfortunately, Pam’s business was not able to meet its’ obligations and we have been forced to not renew her lease. This was not an easy decision and we were diligent in our efforts to help make it work.

Alex Silbajoris
    Participant

dang

drew
    Participant

Reading between the lines, I’m guessing she couldn’t pay rent. A shame, no doubt, but you can’t blame the NM management for that.

berdawn

drew wrote >>
    Reading between the lines, I’m guessing she couldn’t pay rent. A shame, no doubt, but you can’t blame the NM management for that.

I would guess it was more about the number of days she/they were open.

bzarcher
    Participant

I just got the same statement Walker posted in response to my email.

If the market feels she’s not meeting the lease, it’s their right to do what they have to…but I still think it sucks to lose them. :(

Lanibug65

I have to agree that it will be a shame to loose her as she has a great product, but her current location is not the best – I am sure that if she was closer to the doors or more central to the center of the market it might have been better for her but you just never know.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 49 total)

The forum ‘Shopping’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: