Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Owner of The Garden/Chamber in Short North Arrested in bath salts bust

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Owner of The Garden/Chamber in Short North Arrested in bath salts bust

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 237 total)
  • Author

leftovers

I have seen a couple of really whacked out people (much more whack than usual) wandering around IV. Hopefully this bust curbs it.

Alex Silbajoris
    Participant

I linger at the counter looking for any of the other easily recognizable names that bath salts are sold under: Potpourri, Plant Food, Jewelry Cleaner. Nothing. I do see tiny jars of synthetic marijuana, packets of Crystal Bubbly hookah pipe cleaner, electronic cigarettes, and dick-shaped bongs.

So much new stuff, yes, but the classics endure. There were dick-and-balls pipes and bongs, etc., for sale on High Street 40 years ago.

the chemicals most often found in bath salts — mephedrone, methylenedioxypyrovalerone, and methylone

Look on the bright side, you won’t have moths living in your head. Yet.

Mister Shifter
    Participant

Any chance I get to repost this video, I’m taking it.

lazyfish
    lazyfish
    Participant

I guess you could get amyl nitrate there also…sold as “head cleaner” for your VHS machine!

Anonymous
    Inactive

lazyfish said:
    I guess you could get amyl nitrate there also…sold as “head cleaner” for your VHS machine!

Legal?

Elizabeth Lessner
    Participant

Tom’s been a good neighbor and a long time supporter of the Short North. His dedication to the north part of the Short North has really helped the area to come around in recent years. Tom’s late night hours and attention to lighting and safety on the street has enhanced the safety of the entire block. As his shops take up a good chunk of the developing block, I really hope his businesses can stay open…sans the bath salts of course.

lizless said:
    Tom’s been a good neighbor and a long time supporter of the Short North. His dedication to the north part of the Short North has really helped the area to come around in recent years. Tom’s late night hours and attention to lighting and safety on the street has enhanced the safety of the entire block. As his shops take up a good chunk of the developing block, I really hope his businesses can stay open…sans the bath salts of course.

Hold up here… Are you actually defending a drug dealer? I wouldn’t call selling a ton of bath salts that make the regular short north crazies even crazier “helping the area” or “enhancing safety.”

bucki12

It would be a little easier to sympathize if it were the first time. Not to mention the guy was busted with $70,000 of the crap in May. That isn’t a small time operation.

http://www.10tv.com/content/stories/2012/05/02/columbus-franklin-county-drug-task-force.html

Wednesday May 2, 2012 7:38 PM

The Joint, located on North High Street south of Ohio State’s campus, was temporarily shut down Wednesday when task force officials said that they found $70,000 worth of K2 and bath salts.

Franklin County Sheriff Zach Scott said that hoped the raid was a chance to warn people about the danger of the drugs.

“This is not the kind of stuff you want to experiment with,” Scott said. “You take this one time, and you’d be dead.”

mrmann

$70,000!? I think they need to lock that asshole up and throw away the key. This kind of crap really fucks up neighborhoods. Generally, crime and drugs go hand in hand.

joev
    Participant

Agree. Drug dealers definitely do not improve any neighborhood.

Plus, even one instance of someone whacked out on bath salts eating off someone else’s face would be ruinous for the Short North.

TaraK
    Participant

Sometimes people make both good and bad choices, act out of self-interest and the interest of others. From what Liz has written, it seems that his presence in the community has had a lot of positive effects, and, more recently, negative ones. While drug support is undoubtedly horrible, the closing of those stores would be a significant retail loss to that block. It’s possible to want to see the positive continue after the drug issues are settled/ended/prosecuted. It’s also feasible that this might be a needed loss, but still an unfortunate one. Things are often more complex than white hat/black hat.

Graybeak
    Participant

joev said:
    Agree. Drug dealers definitely do not improve any neighborhood.

Plus, even one instance of someone whacked out on bath salts eating off someone else’s face would be ruinous for the Short North.

Reports that I read about the “face eating” incident autopsy show no sign of any of the ingredients generally found in “bath salts”. Just good old “safe” real marijuana.
    Miami Herald report

mrmann

It seems a matter for the courts, but a head shop owner selling dangerous drugs while I assume on probation (from the last time) is definitely disregarding the public well being. Since he does not seem to respect the order of the courts I would imagine he would do it again. This is not the kind of ‘retail’ any area wants.

ntn
    ntn
    Participant

TaraK said:
    Sometimes people make both good and bad choices, act out of self-interest and the interest of others. From what Liz has written, it seems that his presence in the community has had a lot of positive effects, and, more recently, negative ones. While drug support is undoubtedly horrible, the closing of those stores would be a significant retail loss to that block. It’s possible to want to see the positive continue after the drug issues are settled/ended/prosecuted. It’s also feasible that this might be a needed loss, but still an unfortunate one. Things are often more complex than white hat/black hat.

I can reluctantly agree with this

Elizabeth Lessner
    Participant

Like I said in my post, I don’t support any drug sales. My businesses have had plenty of experience dealing with people messed up in bath salts, just ask CPD or anyone on our staff.

I am hoping all three retail shops can stay open as they employ an engaged staff that live in and care about the neighborhood, they sell unique products and they keep late hours which adds a sense of safety to the area.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 237 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE