Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Owner of The Garden/Chamber in Short North Arrested in bath salts bust

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Owner of The Garden/Chamber in Short North Arrested in bath salts bust

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 237 total)
  • Author

mrpoppinzs

mrsgeedeck said:
    I guess we’re going to overlook the fact that dude from the Joint with 70k worth of bath salts was white. Good job.

He was seen as a valued member of the Short North community to some…

joev
    Participant

mrpoppinzs said:

LOL!

Twixlen
    Participant

mrpoppinzs said:

*rolls eyes* – After he got busted in May, why would anyone ever think he was still selling that stuff? I’m pretty sure no one had any reason to think he was running anything but legitimate businesses… if it happened to be a women’s clothing store, selling bath salts, I doubt there’d be half the uproar. But omgah, a shop that deals in sexy things relating to sex and sexplay and stuff. Oh, then the puritan outrage commences.

It sucks that those stores will be impacted – no one wants a neighbor selling bath salts – but to lose three businesses in one swoop will be tough.

mrmann

Twixlen said:
    *rolls eyes* – After he got busted in May, why would anyone ever think he was still selling that stuff? I’m pretty sure no one had any reason to think he was running anything but legitimate businesses…

It does suck for that block, but it sucked for that block when ‘no one’ knew.

I have to say that obviously a lot of people must have known, if you are selling that much stuff the second time – someone is buying it. The cops obviously took note.

I don’t think what kind of store it was matters one bit.

Twixlen
    Participant

mrmann said:
    It does suck for that block, but it sucked for that block when ‘no one’ knew.

I have to say that obviously a lot of people must have known, if you are selling that much stuff the second time someone is buying it. The cops obviously took note.

But like the previous posters have pointed out… the folks who know are the ones doing the drugs – they’re on the outskirts of society already, as addicts & users; or the folks who see the transactions, but say nothing. I don’t know how the deals were done – or where they kept the merch – or any of that. Maybe it was all backroom shady stuff – I dunno.

——

Sidenote – the volume of packages in that picture is staggering. Like – if one dude was responsible for having all that, I have a lot of theories about owed money, and addiction, and being in way-the-fuck over his head. Damn shame.

rory
    Participant

mrpoppinzs said:
    The owners of the Beer Barn in WP also own the Northwest Blvd and Grandview Ave carryouts.

That makes me even more pissed about the Beer Barn who scoff at being asked innumerable times to try and pick up the trash and mow their tree lawn with no avail. I’d imagine they spend a little more time on beautification on the stores in Grandview. Now, I;m even more serious about never spending another dime there.

joev
    Participant

Twixlen said:
    *rolls eyes* – After he got busted in May, why would anyone ever think he was still selling that stuff? I’m pretty sure no one had any reason to think he was running anything but legitimate businesses… if it happened to be a women’s clothing store, selling bath salts, I doubt there’d be half the uproar. But omgah, a shop that deals in sexy things relating to sex and sexplay and stuff. Oh, then the puritan outrage commences.

It sucks that those stores will be impacted – no one wants a neighbor selling bath salts – but to lose three businesses in one swoop will be tough.

Nowhere in this thread did I see anyone disdain the products sold there beside bath salts.

I don’t think an aversion to bath salts equates to Puritanism – at all. That stuff is deadly.

cheap

hivner1 said:
    This little nugget, along with your previous one about your brother with good wrestling moves, are interesting stories but hardly quantifiable.

but they are accurate and factual,and i didn’t use a graph or a poll

dont ask a question if you don’t like the answers you are going to get

mrpoppinzs

joev said:
    Nowhere in this thread did I see anyone disdain the products sold there beside bath salts.

I did say I was going to return my dildo (in protest), but I will probably end up keeping it.

Twixlen
    Participant

joev said:

I don’t think an aversion to bath salts equates to Puritanism – at all. That stuff is deadly.

Just making an observation.

And bath salts are crazy stupid. I can’t imagine anyone seeing what they do to someone and thinking – I totally want that experience. Yikes. I’m also reading a lot of tales about how some folks aren’t coming down off them – like the olden days of PCPs.

Graybeak
    Participant

Twixlen said:
    Just making an observation.

And bath salts are crazy stupid. I can’t imagine anyone seeing what they do to someone and thinking – I totally want that experience. Yikes. I’m also reading a lot of tales about how some folks aren’t coming down off them – like the olden days of PCPs.

Or Meth.

Twixlen
    Participant

Graybeak said:
    Or Meth.

Yeah – and that stuff is crazy addictive. It kills the body’s ability to respond to stimulous, so you have to get high to feel things. That’s messed up.

Roland
    Participant

What’s going to happen to all those dildos?

beersie1
    Participant

mrmann said:
    Anyone know anything about the carryout at 6th and Summit by the Park? I believe the name is Natalia’s. Is that one shady or not? I don’t want to be surrounded by bath salt sales.

I live a couple doors down from Natalia’s. We haven’t had any major problems with people or our property over the past few years. The owners are friendly enough and try to keep the trash cleaned up around the place (I suppose we can’t really blame them for the handful of people that use our yard as a trash can on a daily basis.) I have no idea whether or not they’re selling bath salts, etc. We do get our fair share of what my wife and I refer to as “walkers” (Walking Dead zombie reference) so I wouldn’t rule it out. I know they used to do the standard carry-out shady activity such as selling single cigs, but other than that I don’t know.

That said, it certainly wouldn’t break my heart if the place closed down. It’s a magnet for loitering, littering, etc. and is the main eyesore on a stretch of WP that has seen some serious progress in the last few years. Some people say these carry-outs are necessary, but with the new Kroger 2-3 blocks away I don’t really buy it.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

Roland said:
    What’s going to happen to all those dildos?

Have you tried the dildos?

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 237 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE