Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Owner of The Garden/Chamber in Short North Arrested in bath salts bust

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Owner of The Garden/Chamber in Short North Arrested in bath salts bust

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 237 total)
  • Author

ntn4502

North Side Business Owner Arrested In Bath Salts Bust

Wednesday July 25, 2012 11:46 AM

COLUMBUS, Ohio – A north side business owner was arrested Wednesday morning during a bath salts raid in which six search warrants were executed. Thomas C. Smith, owner of The Joint, The Gardens and The Chamber, all located along the 1100 block of North High Street, was arrested after officers executed search warrants at the shops.

READ MORE: http://www.10tv.com/content/stories/2012/07/25/columbus-one-arrested-bath-salts-bust.html

Craziness, but hopefully this will cut down on the amount of face-eating maniacs in the Short North area

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

North Side, eh? :P

Graybeak
    Participant

Those wacky reporters an their sides of town.
    But gosh, 1100 North High. That sounds pretty North.

mrpoppinzs

A search warrant was also executed at the S&K Market, located along East Fifth Avenue.

ricospaz
    Participant

Crap, where am I going to get my bath salts now?

ntn4502

North Side, eh? :P

I had to read it a couple times to really comprehend that they were calling the Short North the north side…beyond ridiculous.

chaptal
    Participant

Channel Four is calling it a Short North Business[/url]

ntn4502

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

part of any good drug scare happens when the press, despite a total lack of causal evidence, parrots these outlandish accusations. In the Miami cannibal case, the link between bath salts originated from a statement made by someone with no direct involvement with the case—the president of the Miami Fraternal Order of Police, Armando Aguilar—despite the fact that an autopsy and toxicology had yet to be performed on attacker Rudy Eugene.

http://www.alternet.org/drugs/155995/the_truth_behind_the_bath_salts_%22epidemic%22?page=entire

groundrules
    Participant

I didn’t realize that bath salts were officially illegal here now. Had I known that were the case, I would have called about S&K Market a while ago.

mrpoppinzs

groundrules said:
    I didn’t realize that bath salts were officially illegal here now. Had I known that were the case, I would have called about S&K Market a while ago.

I think that place is owned by the same people who own the Saveway Mart. Surprised they weren’t selling them there.

mrsgeedeck
    Participant

groundrules said:

Every time I drive by S&K I wonder about the people who would choose to shop there and that’s not me being snobbish at all. Just with the Beer Barn (a relatively clean, and overall safe feeling store) up the street why go to a place that looks sketchy as hell on the outside. I mean honestly, D&G looks more legit than S&K.

mrpoppinzs

mrsgeedeck said:
    Every time I drive by S&K I wonder about the people who would choose to shop there and that’s not me being snobbish at all. Just with the Beer Barn (a relatively clean, and overall safe feeling store) up the street why go to a place that looks sketchy as hell on the outside. I mean honestly, D&G looks more legit than S&K.

Never had any issues at the S&K, personally the sketchiest carryout in the area is now the G&L on 5th. There is some obvious dealing going on which also involves the apartments across the street. They need to clean up that section of 5th.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m sure it’s just a misunderstanding. Anyplace called The Joint or The Chamber has to be nothing but an above board, fine, up-standing business.

groundrules
    Participant

mrpoppinzs said:
    Never had any issues at the S&K, personally the sketchiest carryout in the area is now the G&L on 5th. There is some obvious dealing going on which also involves the apartments across the street. They need to clean up that section of 5th.

the alley behind S&K rivals G&L since the bath salt thing started.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 237 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE