Our City Online

Messageboard - Shopping

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

National Tire and Battery - Downtown Columbus

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Shopping National Tire and Battery – Downtown Columbus

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    hugh59
    hugh59
    Participant

National Tire and Battery on East Long Street gives great service! We bought a set of tires there in December along with road hazard insurance. One of the tires was destroyed yesterday, but we could not find the receipt.

I sent an email to the company this morning. We just stopped by the shop to ask about whether we needed the receipt. The manager recognized us and had a copy of our receipt for waiting for us. We received outstanding good service. I strongly recommend them.

Rockmastermike
    Participant

good to know

also nice to see a good positive review. Most people only start a thread about a business when they have a gripe.

hugh59
    hugh59
    Participant

Rockmastermike wrote >>
    good to know
    also nice to see a good positive review. Most people only start a thread about a business when they have a gripe.

I know. But when I receive very good service, I like to make noise. I told the manager that I was going to spread the word online. Good service should be rewarded. What he did was easy, but too many people don’t bother doing easy things like that

DavidF
    Participant

I agree. People are quick to slam a business, but too few of us take the time to say something when things go well. Thanks Hugh. You reminded me that I need to spend some more time praising the things that go right.

peanutnozone
    Participant

I can only add to this. It was a snowy February a few years back, and my mom needed new wiper blades…because of the ice on her truck…the guy came out, at NO extra charge or even us ASKING, got the ice off of the windshield so as to not damage the blade, and installed the new blades. My mom tried to tip him a 20 and he refused. WOW! And that was a good 3-4 years ago and I remember it like it was yesterday. That’s %&^*#$# service!

Lakee911
    Participant

I (and friends) have had a lot of bad luck at various NTBs. Maybe they are getting better…

Lakee911
    Participant

I (and friends) have had a lot of bad luck at various NTBs. Maybe they are getting better…

rus
    rus
    Participant

Glad to see there’s “well done” threads as well as “you suck!” threads…

gramarye
    Participant

rus wrote >>
    Glad to see there’s “well done” threads as well as “you suck!” threads…

+1. Never been to a NTB in my life, but good to know that there’s at least one location out there that doesn’t just act like another bureaucracy-heavy chain.

phaedrus
    Participant

I echo lakee’s review of NTB as a whole as well. I myself have had a bad experience there and know of too many people who have shared the same experiences as well. A post acknowledging that they’ve made good on a hazard insurance that was payed for won’t persuade me otherwise.

phaedrus
    Participant

Double post. Sorry

berdawn

Glad that you have had a good experience. I have had nothing but problems with the one at Silver (Lowes). They claimed they were unable to check for a leak in my tire because the tire was “too worn to repair”–when I went to Firestone later the same day, the tech there was able to fix the tire. They incorrectly installed my brakes (according to the dealership where I went for a subsequent service who didn’t try to sell me anything, but suggested I return to NTB for them to correct the problem) and refused to fix the problem and said only replacing the pads and regrinding the rotors would solve the problem. Two weeks later, I returned to the dealership and they were able to fix the problem without any new pads or rotor repair.

Lakee911
    Participant

berdawn wrote >>
    Glad that you have had a good experience. I have had nothing but problems with the one at Silver (Lowes). They claimed they were unable to check for a leak in my tire because the tire was “too worn to repair”–when I went to Firestone later the same day, the tech there was able to fix the tire. They incorrectly installed my brakes (according to the dealership where I went for a subsequent service who didn’t try to sell me anything, but suggested I return to NTB for them to correct the problem) and refused to fix the problem and said only replacing the pads and regrinding the rotors would solve the problem. Two weeks later, I returned to the dealership and they were able to fix the problem without any new pads or rotor repair.

That’s where I’ve gone and had bad service–even when it was Tire King. I think they kept the same staff.

I suggested to the girlfriend that she go to Tire Discounters. She went to NTB because it was slightly more convienent. This was on Main St.

She had a flat and when it came time to fix it, they told her it was too close to the sidewall to repair it. AND, get this, they DID sell her Road Hazard Warranty on her tires, but it was only on ONE out of teh FOUR tires she purchased. They wouldn’t fix it for free….or for any discount. What the fuck? Maybe I should have scrutinized the receipt more than I had when she bought them, but still… Fuck off, NTB.

tourist19
    Participant

ET Paul people. ET Paul.[/url] They are the best. Seems like NTB is hit or miss based on location and who works there.

Lakee911
    Participant

Oh ya, over in OTE, no?

Aren’t they the ones who goofed up your cruise which left you on the side of the road? ;)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)

The forum ‘Shopping’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Ring in the decade in style! Join us for an all-inclusive NYE celebration!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFO