Our City Online

Messageboard - Everyday Chit Chat

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

OUAB - Tucker Max - What were they thinking?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Everyday Chit Chat OUAB – Tucker Max – What were they thinking?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 691 total)
  • Author

SalsaQueen

I am simply disgusted with the OUAB right now. Anybody else would like to comment?

http://www.theotherpaper.com/articles/2009/05/14/cover_story/doc4a0c249c64fdd646966644.txt

lifeliberty
    Participant

never heard of him.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

I’ve read his book “I Hope They Serve Beer In Hell.”

It’s hilarious, although some of it gets old, it’s still funny as hell for the most part.

I think this comment in the comments section is spot on:

” Tucker Max comes and tells stories about what he did in an autobiographical context, but OUAB brings rappers who actually advocate raping and beating women, using drugs, and even violence to get what you want, but no one protests that?! Pick a stronger platform. These protests are just convenient free marketing for WARR’supcoming event which happens to be their largest event of the year…Go protest a frat party because that’s all that Tucker Max is; a drunken frat guy who wrote about his experiences. “

SalsaQueen

Then, as the other blogger put it, “I look forward to the KKK symposium on managing your OSU student loans”.
    I guess David Duke will be speaking next..

Snarf wrote >>
    I’ve read his book “I Hope They Serve Beer In Hell.”
    It’s hilarious, although some of it gets old, it’s still funny as hell for the most part.
    ” Tucker Max comes and tells stories about what he did in an autobiographical context, but OUAB brings rappers who actually advocate raping and beating women, using drugs, and even violence to get what you want, but no one protests that?! Pick a stronger platform. These protests are just convenient free marketing for WARR’supcoming event which happens to be their largest event of the year…Go protest a frat party because that’s all that Tucker Max is; a drunken frat guy who wrote about his experiences. “

Cookie

Snarf wrote >>

What’s so “spot on” about it? Has OUAB paid for rappers who advocate rape and violence against women and has no one protested that? Would that be a stronger platform? Why would Take Back the Night actually need free marketing? It’s a well-known well-established event, campus is already covered in flyers for it, and it doesn’t generate money for WARR. Or did you think that people should protest frat parties?

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

Also, I love that one of the banner ad’s on the news link page is this:

Kahoot’s Ad on TOP’s Site

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

Cookie wrote >>

Snarf wrote >>

What’s so “spot on” about it? Has OUAB paid for rappers who advocate rape and violence against women and has no one protested that? Would that be a stronger platform? Why would Take Back the Night actually need free marketing? It’s a well-known well-established event, campus is already covered in flyers for it, and it doesn’t generate money for WARR. Or did you think that people should protest frat parties?

That these man hating women should find something better to protest and get a sense of humor while they’re at it is what I think is spot-on.

SalsaQueen

So, hate and racism are humorous these days?

Snarf wrote >>

Cookie wrote >>

Snarf wrote >>

That these man hating women should find something better to protest and get a sense of humor while they’re at it is what I think is spot-on.

Cookie

SalsaQueen wrote >>
    So, hate and racism are humorous these days?

They are to Snarf.

I thought the fact that the author referred to the protestors as “coeds” was a nice touch, because the article was apparently written in 1962.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

Don’t put words in my mouth. Have you read his work?

Heres a good quote from I hope they serve beer in hell…

“Ladies, let me give you some advice. You can throw all your stupid fucking chick-lit, self-help, why-doesn’t-he-love-me books out, because this is all you need to know: Men will treat you the way you let them. There is no such thing as “deserving” respect; you get what you demand from people.. if you demand respect, he will either respect you or he won’t associate with you. It really is that simple.”

Cookie

Snarf wrote >>

No, but I have read your posts.

SalsaQueen

Love the elevated vocabulary and writing style. Henry James has nothing on this guy.

Snarf wrote >>
    Heres a good quote from I hope they serve beer in hell…
    “Ladies, let me give you some advice. You can throw all your stupid fucking chick-lit, self-help, why-doesn’t-he-love-me books out, because this is all you need to know: Men will treat you the way you let them. There is no such thing as “deserving” respect; you get what you demand from people.. if you demand respect, he will either respect you or he won’t associate with you. It really is that simple.”

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

Cookie wrote >>

Snarf wrote >>

No, but I have read your posts.

Any you just can’t get enough! You stalk me on this forum. I’m fairly certain Walker has even asked you to stop but you just can’t, mmm mmm good!

Cookie

Snarf wrote >>
    Any you just can’t get enough! You stalk me on this forum. I’m fairly certain Walker has even asked you to stop but you just can’t, mmm mmm good!

I don’t think the word “stalk” means what you think it means.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

See!

Hahaha.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 691 total)

The forum ‘Everyday Chit Chat’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: