Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

OSU Parking Privatization - News & Updates

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion OSU Parking Privatization – News & Updates

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 106 total)
  • Author

billbix

I had to park in the 12th ave garage for a quick run in. It is now $3 for the first hour at that one.

Josh Lapp
    Josh Lapp
    Participant

mrpoppinzs said:
    I wonder if (and most likely when) this will affect the South Campus Gateway. They are increasing short term rates by 50%.

“QIC paid for the system; there are some expectations on revenue,” Blouch says.

Is gateway owned by OSU or Campus Partners?

cbus11

joshlapp said:
    Is gateway owned by OSU or Campus Partners?

The South Campus Gateway garage as well as all other campus garages are leased to CampusParc now. I had heard they were not going to change the rates there until at least the summer. Of course that is now all in the hands of a private company looking to make $$$ on its half billion dollar investment.

mrpoppinzs

If they extend the CABS route down to 7th in Weinland Park as I have heard talk of, they will also need to start making the area permit parking. I can see students tempted to save some money by parking for free, especially if they have to take a CABS bus anyway (they are all being pushed to west campus).

Analogue Kid
    Participant

And the screwing begins:

[b]Buckeye Village parking charges spark petition from residents[/b]

By Hailey Fairchild
    [email protected]
    Published: Wednesday, March 6, 2013
    Updated: Wednesday, March 6, 2013 23:03

Buckeye Village is located across the Olentangy River on Defiance Drive near Jesse Owens Memorial Stadium.

Parking spaces at Buckeye Village that were once free will cost more than $600 next year, and some residents aren’t happy.

Some residents of Buckeye Village, located across the Olentangy River on Defiance Drive near Jesse Owens Memorial Stadium, gathered Tuesday to protest the charge and sign a petition.

Read more: http://www.thelantern.com/campus/buckeye-village-parking-charges-spark-petition-from-residents-1.3005926#.UTijHTeO6hc

mrpoppinzs

Analogue Kid said:
    And the screwing begins:

[b]Buckeye Village parking charges spark petition from residents[/b]

By Hailey Fairchild
    [email protected]
    Published: Wednesday, March 6, 2013
    Updated: Wednesday, March 6, 2013 23:03

Buckeye Village is located across the Olentangy River on Defiance Drive near Jesse Owens Memorial Stadium.

Parking spaces at Buckeye Village that were once free will cost more than $600 next year, and some residents aren’t happy.

Some residents of Buckeye Village, located across the Olentangy River on Defiance Drive near Jesse Owens Memorial Stadium, gathered Tuesday to protest the charge and sign a petition.

Read more: http://www.thelantern.com/campus/buckeye-village-parking-charges-spark-petition-from-residents-1.3005926#.UTijHTeO6hc

It will only get worse, they want to make up that half billion dollars they spent as soon as possible. I like the $1/hr parking in the Gateway, it is going to suck when they jack those rates.

Graybeak
    Participant

Nice save.
    Residents living at an Ohio State University Housing complex are now getting a reprieve from a planned parking charge.

As of Thursday morning, Buckeye Village Apartment residents were being told they would have to play $620 to park. The spots had been free as part of the lease.

…..And then buried at the end of the story.

Another Ohio State spokeswoman told the Dispatch that the decision to let residents park for free only goes through the end of the next academic year, or July 2014.

10tv story

News
    Participant

Ohio State University Housing Complex Won’t Implement Parking Rate Plan After Backlash
    Thursday March 7, 2013 3:04 PM

COLUMBUS, Ohio – Residents living at an Ohio State University Housing complex are now getting a reprieve from a planned parking charge. As of Thursday morning, Buckeye Village Apartment residents were being told they would have to play $620 to park. The spots had been free as part of the lease.

READ MORE: http://www.10tv.com/content/stories/2013/03/07/columbus-osu-parking-charges-buckeye-village.html

Graybeak
    Participant

HA! Take that News!

rus
    rus
    Participant

Graybeak said:
    HA! Take that News!

Dotson

Having been a former resident of Buckeye Village I am still seriously considering stopping all donations to OSU over this parking fiasco. This Buckeye Village thing really ticked me the fuck off.

Patch
    Participant

rus said:

thank you.

Analogue Kid
    Participant

Dotson said:
    Having been a former resident of Buckeye Village I am still seriously considering stopping all donations to OSU over this parking fiasco. This Buckeye Village thing really ticked me the fuck off.

Yeah I’m not liking Gee much. He can feel free to leave anytime as far as I’m concerned.

leftovers

I will be 77 (or dead) by the time OSU gets control of its parking back. This is just stupid.

billbix

I was very shocked to hear about Buckeye Village. I won’t be surprised if there are other surprises as well. They have control over the garages at the Wexner, South Campus Gateway and other event venues. I hope OSU realizes they basically sold the only key to their front door to someone else.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 106 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE