Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

(OSU Freshman perspective) Bookstores & Bratwurst: A Trip to German Village

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion (OSU Freshman perspective) Bookstores & Bratwurst: A Trip to German Village

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

A blog post from a OSU freshman on his trip to German Village. I always find it interesting to read the younger generations take on things we talk about all the time as “adults”

My last name is Steingass. And unless you have lived under a rock for the past few centuries, you can easily recognize that my ancestors hail from Deutschland. Although I am only ¼ German (let’s go Great Britain and America!), I can proudly say that Germans have a very unique style all to their own, which the rest of the world loves to indulge.

Italy has its pastas and Vespas; France its baguettes and cafes; Mexico has tacos and sombreros, Greece has flaming cheese and democracy, China has fortune cookies and everything. What does Germany have? Calorically-dense-and-starchy-homestyle food and books. I mean, the Deutch did invent the printing press. Thus, my brother and I decided to venture south of campus and indulge ourselves in the culture of our ancestors.

– See more at: http://undergrad.osu.edu/buckeyes_blog/?p=15457#sthash.LQGdXtjy.dpuf

http://undergrad.osu.edu/buckeyes_blog/?p=15457

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

URBAN LIVING TOUR 2020

This year’s Urban Living Tour event has been postponed due to COVID-19, but will be returning later this summer!

CLICK HERE to sign up to be notified when tickets go on sale!