Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

OSU Football 2015-16 Season

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion OSU Football 2015-16 Season

• This topic has 24 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by News.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author

howatzer
    Participant

So….. Braxton, Barrett or Jones?

What a fantastic problem to have.

bobcatz
    bobcatz
    Participant

Absolutely absurd to have three guys that capable at quarterback. I honestly have no idea who starts week 1. Can you sit Cardale? They have all said they plan to be back at OSU.

Schoolboy
    Participant

Honestly, I would probably declare if I were Jones. It’s the only way he can guarantee he makes it to the NFL. If he doesn’t start next year for OSU he’ll be forgotten.

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

Honestly, I would probably declare if I were Jones. It’s the only way he can guarantee he makes it to the NFL. If he doesn’t start next year for OSU he’ll be forgotten.

I think whichever QB (QBS?) are sitting the bench at OSU will got a lot of camera time next year. Like every time the starter has a bad play, quick shot to the back up(s). I don’t think any of the three will be forgotten easily because the media won’t let us.

Schoolboy
    Participant

I think they might get SOME camera time yeah, with very little playing time. After year 2 of riding the bench either Jones or Barrett is going to be an after thought when it comes to the draft.

Personally, I think it’s too much of a risk. I’d rather ride the bench for 2 years in the NFL with a chance to one day start rather than ride the bench for 2 years in college and never make it.

Unless of course he knows more about that domestic dispute that Barrett got himself into, and how big of a disappointment that was to the coach.

Still, they might both have to take a backseat to Braxton and have to duke it out as seniors.

Too many variables, and I think today is Jones’ last day to declare anyways.

spfld_expat
    spfld_expat
    Participant

I agree, Schoolboy. Take the money and run. You can always go back to school (for a degree, not to play) if NFL is a washout.

Unless of course he knows more about that domestic dispute that Barrett got himself into, and how big of a disappointment that was to the coach.

I’m just going to leave this here:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/07/sports/ncaafootball/hernandez-among-many-arrested-at-florida-in-the-meyer-years.html?ref=sports&_r=1&

JT hasn’t been charged (unsurprisingly). I may be cyncial, but history indicates that if JT emerges as the guy this summer, he’ll play regardless of the domestic incident.

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

Well I wouldn’t have guessed that. He’s back.

geoyui
    Participant

Cardale is staying. He sounded pretty mature at his press conference, considering the tweet he sent out early in the season. Something tells me that his chances at starting next year are pretty high and that maybe Braxton could be the odd man out?

spfld_expat
    spfld_expat
    Participant

Ironic plot twist: Cardale Jones announces he is returning to OSU for 2015-16 season wearing “Cardale 12 gauge OSU” T-shirt, sparking NCAA investigation ultimately resulting in Cardale being suspended for 2015-16 season.

Brian J. Robinson
    Brian J. Robinson
    Participant

I personally think coming back is a horrible decision. Sometimes in life its not about doing the, so called right thing all the time. Sometimes you have to make what some people/society would look at as a drastic or radical decision to find success and look out for yourself and family.

I am not advocating against education whatsoever. However, there are many means to an end when it comes to education. If the NFL did not work out Cardale could always go back to school for Financial Planning if that what he wants to do. I think he is just trying to do whats “right” instead of taking advantage of the opportunity presented to him.

Go to the League, learn behind the pros. If the ultimate goal is to go to the NFL. GO TO THE NFL! He has reached in the pinnacle of College Football. Albeit in only 3 games, but that’s neither here nor there. Money is not everything of course, however it does make life much more comfortable. So if he goes back, blows his knee out next year, I doubt he is going to look back at the decision and say. We’ll at least I have my degree.

Its just not a smart decision in my opinion. Some opportunities only come once in a lifetime.

geoyui
    Participant

The way he runs, I would be concerned he blows out his knee no matter if he’s in college or the pros. As exciting as his runs can be, taking on linebackers and nose tackles without fear, he needs to learn how to protect himself.

Brian J. Robinson
    Brian J. Robinson
    Participant

The way he runs, I would be concerned he blows out his knee no matter if he’s in college or the pros. As exciting as his runs can be, taking on linebackers and nose tackles without fear, he needs to learn how to protect himself.

I agree, but if he blows out his knee in an NFL game at least he’ll have 500,000 or 800,000 in the bank. If he blows it out next year. Urban Meyer and the coaching staff will still get their millions. Cardale will get a deree that will earn him on average 61,000 a year as a certified financial planner.
    Like I said before money is not everything in life. However, it makes life much more comfortable.

spfld_expat
    spfld_expat
    Participant

Plus he has a kid. Diapers and formula are expensive, and the kid needs them now, not 2 years from now.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

That press conference also answered the question of who will be starting at QB in the Fall.

Mister Shifter
    Participant

Cardale is staying. He sounded pretty mature at his press conference, considering the tweet he sent out early in the season.

That tweet was nearly 3 years ago, not early in the season.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: