Our City Online

Messageboard - Sports

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

OSU Football

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Sports OSU Football

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 177 total)
  • Author
    Porky
    Porky
    Participant

Dan I agree, thought the theme of West Side Story was a bit… odd.

I think Cardale is going to surprise some people. Remember he was the #2 going into the season. I know there is a ton of pressure on him and I’m hoping he is up to the challenge. Also expect to see a lot more of #17, either as a passer or in the Wildcat. If they can get more creative on offense they will score some points.

Also don’t forget about Eek, I’m sure he is like hold on, I can run too, all the focus will be on the running back from Wisky and Elliot may just rain on that parade.

geoyui
    Participant

DouginCMH
    Participant

The Director of Development and Community Relations at OSU Marion isn’t exactly “OSU” (as the Fox article states) and the letter has nothing to do with the OSU Athletic Department (as Gardner seems to assume in his repose). It’s a nice gesture, but my guess is that it’s just a guy who works at OSU Marion who chose to use OSU letterhead for a personal letter of appreciation to Gardner. Hardy an official statement by the university.

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

The Director of Development and Community Relations at OSU Marion isn’t exactly “OSU” (as the Fox article states) and the letter has nothing to do with the OSU Athletic Department (as Gardner seems to assume in his repose). It’s a nice gesture, but my guess is that it’s just a guy who works at OSU Marion who chose to use OSU letterhead for a personal letter of appreciation to Gardner. Hardy an official statement by the university.

yup

ColumbusTime
    ColumbusTime
    Participant

Yep, and Mr. Claborn has a high image of himself. At least he was able to fit in all of the buzzy words. “more important than the game,” “well beyond his years.” etc

ColumbusTime
    ColumbusTime
    Participant

I’m still going to Indy next week but the excitement isn’t there anymore. I’m sure I’ll be pumped up at the start of the game, but right now it already feels like we’re in mourning.

Side note: for those who went on Saturday how lame was the band this week. You would think for the Michigan game you’d have something big and awesome. Not the songs from the West Side Story. Ugh….

I’m feeling fairly confident, actually. Not earth shattering advice here, but if they stack the box and stop the run, and make the QB beat them, I think we can do pretty well. I think our offense will be OK, just need to stop their run game.

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

Schoolboy
    Participant

Reading a few speculative reports that Braxton may transfer to another school, namely Texas for his senior season.

Too many Braxton supporters on here for me to really state my opinion, but I think it might be a smart move for him anyways.

buckeyecpa
    Participant

It’s a realistic idea if he wants to get the best look from scouts. He hasn’t proven he is NFL capable yet. He’ll need all the reps he can get. My guess is Auburn takes a shot. Maybe he’ll get lucky and get that Cam Newton treatment from the boosters. I won’t be mad if he stays but I won’t disagree if he leaves. It’s the smart decision if he wants to keep moving forward with football.

JackieC
    Participant

I’ve heard some rumblings about Oregon, which would be a smart move as well. I would not have any hard feelings and hope he does well wherever he goes. Realistically, next year could be OSU vs. Oregon in the playoffs, awkward.

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

I think Texas is all in on Swoopes. Oregon makes the most sense.. but I’m guessing at a program like that they have a recruit/back up already in waiting.

If he goes I’m thinking it will be to a lesser big time program.

geoyui
    Participant

If there was ever a game OSU needed to sway the selection committee, that was the game. Complete domination.

RBloodworth
    Participant

Holy. Fucking. Shit.

I haven’t seen OSU deliver a complete and total beatdown like THAT in a big-time game since Cooper was coaching here. I’m not sure that it will be enough to get us into the playoffs, but, MAN, that was satisfying.

DavidF
    Participant

One of the best games I’ve ever seen this team play. The intensity was amazing!

Jason Powell
    Jason Powell
    Participant

Aside from the early loss to Virginia Tech (which I think can be forgiven since it was so early in the season with a new quarterback and most teams are still trying to find their stride), I think OSU makes the top 4. They just ran over the No. 2 defense in the country, shut down the No. 1 running back and beat a respectable ranked team 59 to freakin nothing. On top of that, the team has overcome so much adversity this season losing not one, but two potential heisman quarterbacks, Noah Spence – a potential all-American, and the tragic death of a teammate just a week ago. The voters may give a few sympathy votes, whether they admit it out loud or not. Even with a third string quarterback, who is no slouch, this team looked like a championship team tonight. So may weapons, so deep in the roster. They have a five star running back who doesn’t even play.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 177 total)

The forum ‘Sports’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: