Our City Online

Messageboard - Sports

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

OSU Football

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Sports OSU Football

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 177 total)
  • Author
    adrite
    adrite
    Participant

My opinion: Start Barrett on QB and switch Braxton to RB.

OR: Run some kind of funky combo offense where both switch off and you never know who’s going to throw it. How fun would that be to watch?

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

It’s a good problem to have for sure.

Schoolboy
    Participant

OR: Run some kind of funky combo offense where both switch off and you never know who’s going to throw it. How fun would that be to watch?

It would make for one interesting option. As long as Barrett was running it, I’m all for it. Even Guitton ran the option better than Braxton last year according to his own coach.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

Braxton would be a wildcat beast though as a transition from Barrett as drop back passer with a threat of running 70% of the time.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

awesome.

ColumbusTime
    ColumbusTime
    Participant

I know many will disagree with me, but I would play Barrett next year over Braxton.

I agree, stick with Barrett. I’ll always cheer for and support Braxton, but I’d stick with JT. No 2 QB system either, since those never seem to work out.

I disagree on Braxton at RB. He’s injury prone, and with Ezekial Elliott, Jalin Marshall, and Dontre Wilson, Curtis Samuel, and Brionte Dunn, OSU has the running power it needs.

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

2 world class Qbs on the field at the same time could open up an entire new style of offense. One that we have never seen before anywhere. I hope they have people drawing up play ideas now for next year.

Let’s not forget Braxton is the 2 time big ten player of the year.

lazyfish
    lazyfish
    Participant

Report: no contact between Braxton Miller, Oregon

Braxton Miller‘s days at Ohio State is closing. As the speculation goes, Miller will look to transfer from the Buckeyes — as a graduate transfer, he’d be eligible to play immediately — and move on to a situation that would afford him the opportunity to be the starter for his final collegiate season, which may or may not be the case at OSU.

Miller’s name, despite no hints from the player himself, mind you, has been connected to schools such as Auburn, Boston College and, most notably, Oregon. The Ducks would make sense on numerous levels, as both the offensive system utilized would seem to match Miller’s skillset and UO’s triggerman, Marcus Mariota, is expected to leave early for the NFL. The dot-connecting is reasonable, although that doesn’t mean it’s accurate.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/11/26/report-no-contact-between-braxton-miller-oregon/

ColumbusTime
    ColumbusTime
    Participant

Junior Noah Spence, who hasn’t played since before last years bowl game for testing positive twice for ecstasy, was declared permanently ineligible by the Big 10. Announced he is entering the NFL draft.

ColumbusTime
    ColumbusTime
    Participant

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2014/11/28/search-for-missing-OSU-player.html

Walk-on player lineman / wrestler still missing. Sad situation, hoping for the best outcome for his family.

Jason Powell
    Jason Powell
    Participant

Is it just me or does Ohio sports teams in general have the most unfortunate and bizarre news year after year?

Rockmastermike
    Participant
    vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

I’m still going to Indy next week but the excitement isn’t there anymore. I’m sure I’ll be pumped up at the start of the game, but right now it already feels like we’re in mourning.

Side note: for those who went on Saturday how lame was the band this week. You would think for the Michigan game you’d have something big and awesome. Not the songs from the West Side Story. Ugh….

RBloodworth
    Participant

I don’t think that I’ve ever seen a season turn from a fairy-tale dream scenario to a complete and total nightmare so quickly. I know that there have been examples in the past of teams rallying around adversity and playing inspired, but I really don’t expect that to be the case this Saturday. If I’m being completely honest, I’ll be surprised if we get beat by less than 3 touchdowns. Given the bigger picture, though, it’s just a stupid game.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 177 total)

The forum ‘Sports’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: